John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moline, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Very easy process. Typical behavioral interview questions. Not something to worry about. A lot of teamwork related questions and questions about why you want to work for them, why you picked your major, etc. Want to see that you are a leader and work best when on a team. The entire interview process consisted of one 1:2 interview. I have heard of others who had initial phone interviews. One thing to be aware of: Almost everyone who is a part time student whom I have talked to is struggling to have enough work to fill their time. This seems to be a large problem with John Deere's part time student and internship positions.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straight forward questions. One was tell me about a mundane task...   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at John Deere in February 2011.

I was interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 day - interviewed at John Deere in February 2011.

I applied through college and the process took 1 day - interviewed at John Deere in February 2011
    question were based on the projects and academic performance, Behavioral questions.
    The interview process was in the following manner
    1. Aptitude exam ( Technical and Non Technical)
    2.Technical Interview
    3. HR Interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation happened as salary was fixed.

Cost Management Specialist, Senior Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in May 2012.

HR person call you and fix a telephonic interview date, then Hiring manager calls u and telephonic round is completed with basic current roles & responsibilities & background info. If you happen to clear telephonic then you are called for face to face interview. Generally an India manager accompany you in a virtual conferencing (Video Call) to join with US manager and then interview progressed. Due to US culture, interview is not much tensed, it`s very light. Not so technical but more logical. If you clear that then HR comes in to picture for salary finalization & if that goes well, you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex analysis you have done in your career?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, I asked 30% salary hike on my current CTC they paid me that. ( May be my current salary was less so 30% hike was reasonable for them to pay)

IT Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Hiring process was very transparent and the interview was fairly simple. There was an objective test and the test was fairly simple. After that the interview was simple. It was all about showing confidence and conversing the the hiring managers. The process was a mix of both technical and HR questions asked simutaneously.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at John Deere.

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions
    • Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

They asked very simple questions which required meaningful answers. The receptionist was very nice and the interviewer was eager to ask about my comfortability in the situation. Afterwards I was politely escorted out and told I would be given a call.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

I received a better offer from a different company.

IT Part Time Student Interview

I applied online - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

I applied online and months later was woken up to a phone call from a project manager form Deere who wanted to interview me. We scheduled a time for that week. I came in, received a tour of the John Deere facility, and then sat down to interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, so know the STAR format. It was basically the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be honest about your goals, personality, and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

Interview Questions

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!