John Deere

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at John Deere.

Interview Details Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Question – Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Interview Details I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Question – The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details They asked very simple questions which required meaningful answers. The receptionist was very nice and the interviewer was eager to ask about my comfortability in the situation. Afterwards I was politely escorted out and told I would be given a call.

Interview Question – Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer from a different company.

IT Part Time Student Interview

IT Part Time Student

I applied online - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and months later was woken up to a phone call from a project manager form Deere who wanted to interview me. We scheduled a time for that week. I came in, received a tour of the John Deere facility, and then sat down to interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, so know the STAR format. It was basically the whole interview.

Interview Question – Be honest about your goals, personality, and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Interview Details Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

Interview Question – Asked behavioral analysis questions   Answer Question

MBA Development Program Interview

MBA Development Program

Interviewed at John Deere

Interview Details Very 'fit' based interview. They are very interested in finding people who can demosntrate a willingness to live in Moline, away from major urban centers. Evoking a strong interest in the outdoors, agriculture, etc are obvious ways to demonstrate a good fit with the firm. Overall the people are extremely friendly and nice, and I had the impression that it would be a very good company to work for in terms of having nice coworkers.

Interview Question – Probing questions involving times where you have failed are big. To be able to have good examples that don't seem too weak, while also demonstrating how overcoming those challenges helped make you a better professional/leader etc is a fine line to walk, but answering it well is a great way to demonstrate your maturity and managerial abilities   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location and industry was not exactly what I was looking for

CAD DESIGNER/Modeler III Interview

CAD DESIGNER/Modeler III
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at John Deere in August 2011.

Interview Details Good to know somebody inside. Panel interview, Interview is highly technical including engineering design calculations. Tolerance stack up analysis. Interviewers are very professional. My advice is to apply to the job only if you think you are very qualified. Recall what you did in your last jobs. You will be asked about your most important projects. You have to describe in detail the project and the challenges you encountered and how dealt with them.

Interview Question – Ask to solve part of machine design problem which require deep knowledge of mechanism component sizing using stress calculations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial was low so I negotiated for an increase. I got few thousand more but my annual increase was affected because the rate they gave me was closed to the max salary for the position.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at John Deere in April 2014.

Interview Details Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Service Parts Analyst Interview

Service Parts Analyst
Ankeny, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Interview Details Simple, and not very thorough. No comprehensive review of work duties and contact with important team members I would be working with. Took long time (several weeks) to get access to important tools used for effective performance.

Interview Question – Poor training that impacted performance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay established by job description, not experience.

Worked for John Deere? Contribute to the Community!