John Deere Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Product Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

Started off with a simple 30 minute behavioral interview, then called in for a 2nd round technical interview. Not very tough, very casual and relaxed environment. Recruiters were very pleasant and responded promptly to any questions or concerns I had

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral type questions were asked (strengths, weakness, experience in teams, etc.)   Answer Question

IOS Mobile Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere.

I talked with a recruiter who was very kind and easy to talk to. After asking some basic behavioral questions, she forwarded me a coding challenge. It was mainly about writing some Xcode for parsing through an xml file and creating a property list to store information. I was also told to link tableview cells with the webpage in safari.

Part Time Student Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

There was only one round of interview, and the process is not stressful at all. Half of the questions are about how you handle a group or team. They also mentioned about initiative and ability to prioritize tasks are important

Interview Questions
    • What is your most rewarding and meaningful experience. They for sure are looking for job related answers, which I wasn't able to figure out...   Answer Question

French Customer Care Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at John Deere.

Fast interview. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Want the best people-dedicated & motivated. I was surprised at how approachable the supervisors were-very good first impression! I did feel like at points they just wanted to get throigh the interview, or maybe I was just talking too much.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating on salary, but it is worth it to get your foot in the door in a well-known international company.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions
    • After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   View Answer

IT Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Hiring process was very transparent and the interview was fairly simple. There was an objective test and the test was fairly simple. After that the interview was simple. It was all about showing confidence and conversing the the hiring managers. The process was a mix of both technical and HR questions asked simutaneously.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at John Deere.

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions
    • Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

They asked very simple questions which required meaningful answers. The receptionist was very nice and the interviewer was eager to ask about my comfortability in the situation. Afterwards I was politely escorted out and told I would be given a call.

Interview Questions
    • Where can you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

I received a better offer from a different company.