Johnson Controls

2.8

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

The first interview was a phone interview where general questions were asked including "why did you apply here" and "what is your expectant salary". Very typical and not surprising phone interview. Then came the initial interview at the location of the job. Here I was met with the manager and team leader. They asked what I knew about the company and if I'd given any thought about how I would try to progress should I get hired. No curve balls question wise. Then the final interview with the manager and team leader again where the last few questions were asked and the official offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Very few technical questions. Mostly they are trying to get someone who's personality will mesh well with the group. The entire line of questioning was pretty standard with the most outlandish being "have you given any thought as to what your first month would be like here? 6 months? year?" Not an impossible questions and plenty of room for a solid answer.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Was called a couple of days after I had filled out an application.I set up an interview for the following week.The interview was with the maintenance supervisor and a maintenance work leader.They asked a lot of questions about my previous work experience and education.The whole process went well.The following week I was called in for a drug test and when the results came in ,an offer was made and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • If I had ever worked on sewage pumps in the middle of summer in NC?   View Answer

Engineering Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

I originally applied to Interview through our on campus recruitment process and was interviewed on campus by two project managers from the building efficiency division. This was a first round interview and mainly focused on my past experience and the skills i had. Expect to be asked to go into more detail on the things listed within your resume; specifically the skills that were gained from your past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The interview mainly focused on elaboration of past experience. I came in with a very strong resume and felt the questions were mainly focused around legitimizing what i had put onto my resume.   Answer Question

Coop Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puerto Rico (Chile)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puerto Rico (Chile)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls in December 2014.

 Perform criticality assessment and enter into asset life cycle assessment tool.
     Perform asset condition assessment and enter into life cycle assessment tool.
     Obtain global technical services standards approval for the use of alternate process and/or tools.
     Generate site level asset life cycle assessment reports.
     Identify assets that have business operations and financial impact that need replacement.
     Prioritized asset replacement/condition improvement/assets past useful life lists review with customer.
     Establish Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) costing.
     Update asset life cycle assessment tool with feedback.
     Provide necessary resource to undertake training given by Technology on completion of the Asset Data Template.
     Receive and review finalized annual asset life cycle assessment report.
     Develop list of approved capital replacement items and approved budget amount.
     Generate DILO Analysis Record Form.

Intern Interview

Interview was in person during an energy conference and a month later I was contacted over the phone for another interview manly describing school projects. Started the internship during the summer

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Principal Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Johnson Controls in November 2014.

Getting into an Organization such as Johnson Controls is a very big task.Recruitment process was simple.First round was an online test which had both technical and aptitude questions.1765 students appeared for the test as it was a pool one out of which only 152 were selected.The online test consisted of 60 questions which were divided into 60:40 ratio of aptitude and technical.Then Second round was the technical interview which was a One on one round.Simple questions on our Engineering fields were asked and some practical questions.I answered some but with ease and full explanation.Just 27 students were able to crack them.I noticed a huge difference between everyone as it can be seen only 27 are selected for final interview out of 1765 students.I got selected too and was happy to be one of the selected ones.The last round which had to be HR was replaced as a second technical round which was Six on One.It was a difficult one as 6 interviewers who were pros in their respective fields were in front of me.My interview was going good and it was pretty difficult but a nice one though.Then the results were announced at night approx. 10:30 PM.I was not selected but I was told by the HR to wait for my next round in the Coding section.I was the only one to be given a chance for the another interview.
    In that interview 12 interviewers were around me.Among the interviewers President and General Manager followed by HR and other colleagues were present.Some took interest in me but unfortunately I was not selected.But the experience was really good.And the President put his hand on me and said,"Good one Son!"And the HR said,"Another Day for a better one But not Today son."
    I will always remember these words as they were an appreciation for me and motivated me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Which field will best suit on recruiting you as you are all into coding as well as electronics and well suited for business analyst?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson Controls in November 2014.

Initial contact at university recruiting. Applied for position online and was contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview. 2 weeks after the video interview received an invitation to join the Fall interviewing event for a whole weekend in Milwaukee. It's been 3 weeks since then and haven't heard back yet.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview next day after a career fair, the career fair was a technical and focused on completely technical, but after a while in the conversation, the sales option was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Half sales part and half technical, being ready to switch instantly   Answer Question

GET Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Phone interview was easy.
    LAter on was called for further one on one technical interview.
    It was quiet unaware about technical interview,
    Interview consisted of basic questions.
    One must have strong basics.
    A good experience