Johnson & Johnson Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.9

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

1 HR Phone Screen (30 mins)
    1 In-Office Interview (2 separate interviews, 60 mins each)

HR Phone Screen:

Had a very aggressive woman almost literally scream at me and fine pick at every detail on my resume (which is fine, but she didnt have to scream) Her tone was of pure skepticism to everything I had on my resume which was off-putting, but maybe just a tactic they use. Certainly did not think I got past that round

4 weeks later I got a email inviting me to a Final Round in the Office.

In-Office Interview:

1st Interview was with a Group Brand Director and a Brand Manager
    - Standard walk me through your resume
    - Tell me about a time when....
    - Why J&J etc..
    - Case questions (very simple math and marketing)

2nd Interview: same as the above with a different Senior Brand Manager and Group Brand Director

Didnt think it went spectacularly and really did not expect to get the offer but 2 weeks later I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a marketing campaign that caught your attention and why, does not have to be J&J. (Not necessairly difficult but caught me off guard)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation the offer was more than what I was expecting

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

First interview was the phone screening with HR. Then second was with two senior brand managers on Skype, then the full day final intervie . Full day included an individual interview with three people, an individual case, and a group case.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

Spoke to representative at university career fair, scheduled on campus interview for that same week. Applied on careers website before interview, was told by representative to understand the different functions of J&J's supply chain. Interview lasted ~45 mins with two interviewers, most questions were STARs based. Showing enthusiasm for the position and the company definitely helps, and having some background about the company and recent news also a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about proficiency with Excel, expand on how to perform a V-Lookup   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship/co-op.

Scientist II Interview

In-person interview taken by three people. They asked mostly personality questions and a few technical questions. Interview process is easy to moderate. It wasn't very difficult. They are in need of contractors.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

it was good experince with johnson & johnson first Time.very good both interviewer also learned more about j & j history & credo.as well explainned brifly posion & department how broad its work.

Procurement Leadership Development Program Interview

1st round interview entirely behavioral. they want to know how you react to certain situations and challenges, work with teams, and leadership style. Be ready to talk about your professional experience and site specific behaviors you use to accomplish results.

Interview Questions
    • Asked when is it ok to forgo procedures in order to get things done.   Answer Question

Gold Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I went to an info session at my college and then talked to the recruiters at the career fair the next day. The recruiter recognized me and he selected me for an interview. The interview was held the next day. The questions were standard behavioral questions. The interviewer took notes in a booklet. Their first choices for the second round were notified 3 weeks after the interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

We talked via email and through my career center. The interview was the same week as when I met them. It was overall, general questions. Be prepared to answer them logically and thoroughly. The interviewers were really nice and laid-back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected. Do some research before you go in, of course.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2014.

Applied through my school's database after a career fair, was invited to interview- interviewed with a senior financial analyst who didn't seem to interested in interviewing me at first.. but it went well. They asked many behavioral questions "what would you do if you couldn't do __" and in this situation -- blah blah blah. They did ask about the pencil production costs and stuff.

Information Technology Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson in October 2014.

Had a pretty basic behavioral interview on-campus that also touched upon the work that I've done, and I came out of it feeling positive. Received an email three days later saying that they decided not to pursue my candidacy, without providing a reason. It was just "the hiring team has chosen not to pursue your candidacy."

Interview Questions
    • What steps did you take when you observed someone doing something unethical?   Answer Question