Johnson & Johnson

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.9

Product Specialist Interview

smooth, straight forward, friendly and short........................................................... It was a great experience to have an interview there. onsite interview for around 30 mins, discussing my cv then business situations related to the industry.

ITLDP Interview

Very nice people, started with on site interview at career fair, then two interviews in one day at New Jersey. Had to prepare a short presentation on leadership experience. One interview was focused on a case study. It was an overall pleasant experience. Very responsive people and they seem to care about all people interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most innovative idea you have had in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Didn't decline, have a month to decide.

FLDP Financial Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

They came to our school and took resumes, we applied online and were called into interviews at our school Northeastern University. I am a finance major and graduating with my Masters in Finance. They liked I had a lot of experience on my belt, however noticed I had worked in investments which may have deterred them. The interview process was with 2 women from the Massachusetts branch one at a time.

Interview Questions
    • She showed me a pen and asked what are the costs that go into making the pen?

Also I was asked some accounting questions, one answer being costs are incurred the same year.

I was also asked if some company said their product could take up 50% of market share, how would Johnson & Johnson go about choosing if they are worth purchasing. Answer: demand... cost... etc.
        Answer Question

Chemistry Co-op Interview

The interview last about 10 mins. They followed STAR format. Interviewer is very nice and want to know the actual outcome of the action for each of the questions.

IT/Global Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I applied through campus recruiting. I got an email to schedule a phone interview about two weeks later. The call went well, some basic behavioral and technical questions. A week later, I was invited to the office for two back-to-back interviews with managers. The interviews were both behavioral with some minor technical questions. They both went very well. I got my offer three days later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a problem where you don't know the answer?   Answer Question
    Internship, no negotiation.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

The process was professional and they kept me in the loop the entire time. I had three interviews. The first was a screening interview with HR. The second was with a marketing manager. The third was with two directors, one from HR and another from Marketing. All interviews were very friendly and fair. No surprises.

Interview Questions
    • No real marketing questions all behavioral
      1. Tell me about a time when you faced a failure and what did you do?
      2. When you are faced with conflicting requests from internal and external (to the company) customers, what do you do?
      3. How do you support your coworkers?
        Answer Question

MBA Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I interviewed with Johnson and Johnson during a diversity conference. The interview consisted of two back-to-back 45 minute behavioral interviews. Began with a walk through my resume. Then proceeded to mostly typical questions. The interviewers were friendly and they have me feedback via phone following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all in-line with what you would expect and could be answered using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

I applied through my school career website and the J&J site. I heard back a few weeks later. The interview was me and two employees, they asked several behavioral questions and several technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If assets increase by $100,000 and liability increases by $70,000; what happens to stockholder's equity?   Answer Question
    Negotiation not available

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

1 HR Phone Screen (30 mins)
    1 In-Office Interview (2 separate interviews, 60 mins each)

HR Phone Screen:

Had a very aggressive woman almost literally scream at me and fine pick at every detail on my resume (which is fine, but she didnt have to scream) Her tone was of pure skepticism to everything I had on my resume which was off-putting, but maybe just a tactic they use. Certainly did not think I got past that round

4 weeks later I got a email inviting me to a Final Round in the Office.

In-Office Interview:

1st Interview was with a Group Brand Director and a Brand Manager
    - Standard walk me through your resume
    - Tell me about a time when....
    - Why J&J etc..
    - Case questions (very simple math and marketing)

2nd Interview: same as the above with a different Senior Brand Manager and Group Brand Director

Didnt think it went spectacularly and really did not expect to get the offer but 2 weeks later I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a marketing campaign that caught your attention and why, does not have to be J&J. (Not necessairly difficult but caught me off guard)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation the offer was more than what I was expecting

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Johnson & Johnson.

First interview was the phone screening with HR. Then second was with two senior brand managers on Skype, then the full day final intervie . Full day included an individual interview with three people, an individual case, and a group case.