KLA-Tencor

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview Details Telephonic rounds 2-3(Technical, Problem Solving, Analytic), Face to face interview.

Interview Question – If a 10 kgs silver ball and a 1000 kgs silver ball is dropped from a height of 2 kms which will touch the floor first ?   View Answers (3)

Albany, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview Details Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Interview Question – It was not a technical interview. Behaiver interivew.   Answer Question

Malta, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions

• Fill the room with basketballs?   Answer Question
  • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
  • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   View Answer

Applications Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2013.

Interview Details Algorithm testing round, 2 HR rounds, Presentation round, 2 Technical rounds, one video conference round.

Interview Question – Moderately difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KLA-Tencor

Interview Details I have mailed my CV to the recruiter. After about a month I got a call to fix a telephonic interview with the application manager from US.

Interview Question – Brief about the company   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Interview Details Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Question – 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in January 2013.

Interview Details I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2012.

Interview Details Had phone interview first, and went to on-site interview after few days. They provided a presentation and then a test based on their optical technology. Then interviewed with two engineers around 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – The optical test is not easy if you are not familiar with it   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview Details Career Fair: Here you hand in your resume and have a chat with representatives about opportunities that would suit you and how the company works
Information Session: Here an official overview about the company is provided and then you can hand in resumes, have in-depth conversations with experienced employees
On-Campus Interview: If shortlisted, you are invited for a reasonably rigorous, tech+behavioral on-campus interview
On-Site Interview: 2-4 candidates are selected for each job to come on site and have a rigorous day of interviewing with team members

Interview Question – Tech question on edge detection in an image:
Here is an image from an optical/SEM tool. The objective is to use this as a reference to compare with other images and find a match. What technique would you use?
  View Answer

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

Interview Details 3 rounds of telephonic interviewing with one dept. and 2 rounds with another. Was shortlisted in both and was called on-site. The interviews and written tests lasted a whole day. It was very tiresome, as I expected.
Lost out in the round before the final round. Written tests were based on Image Processing.
1-1 Interviews were based on your answers in the written tests.

Interview Question – Logical puzzles   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!

KLA-Tencor Videos

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.