KLA-Tencor Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 5 Mar 2015

2.9

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Very Efficient and straight forward. The whole process took less than a month from first contact to an offer. There was first a phone interview. When you pass that stag they bring you in for onsite interview. The onsite interview includes a two minute presentation of what the applicant thinks the role involves.

Interview Questions

• The normal generic questions. " Tell me about yourself and how you fit in the organization"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotialble

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Albany, NY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Chennai (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Telephonic rounds 2-3(Technical, Problem Solving, Analytic), Face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If a 10 kgs silver ball and a 1000 kgs silver ball is dropped from a height of 2 kms which will touch the floor first ?   3 Answers

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Malta, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions

• Fill the room with basketballs?   1 Answer
    • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

I have mailed my CV to the recruiter. After about a month I got a call to fix a telephonic interview with the application manager from US.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2013.

Interview

Algorithm testing round, 2 HR rounds, Presentation round, 2 Technical rounds, one video conference round.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
    Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
    Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Questions

• 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA (US)).

Interview

Career Fair: Here you hand in your resume and have a chat with representatives about opportunities that would suit you and how the company works
    Information Session: Here an official overview about the company is provided and then you can hand in resumes, have in-depth conversations with experienced employees
    On-Campus Interview: If shortlisted, you are invited for a reasonably rigorous, tech+behavioral on-campus interview
    On-Site Interview: 2-4 candidates are selected for each job to come on site and have a rigorous day of interviewing with team members

Interview Questions

• Tech question on edge detection in an image:
      Here is an image from an optical/SEM tool. The objective is to use this as a reference to compare with other images and find a match. What technique would you use?

1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interviewing with one dept. and 2 rounds with another. Was shortlisted in both and was called on-site. The interviews and written tests lasted a whole day. It was very tiresome, as I expected.
    Lost out in the round before the final round. Written tests were based on Image Processing.
    1-1 Interviews were based on your answers in the written tests.