KPMG

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details After submitting my resume and cover letter online, I was contacted a few months later once they began the interview process. Since I was out of the country at the time, I was interviewed on the phone for over two hours by a panel of senior management. Within 3 weeks I received a phone call from one of my interviewers who offered me the position personally, rather than an email.

Interview Question – What is your decision making process when you know you will not have enough time to complete all tasks or objectives?   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in March 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview was very analytical. Asked situational questions, went over every bullet on resume. Talked with interviewer, tried to make the interview more of a conversation. Second round interview was a day long process, showed everyone the building, inside of KPMG and then had 2 rounds of interviews. These second round interviews were much more laid back, basically wanted to see if you could hold a conversation.

Interview Question – Just know how to talk to people, know your resume and ask good questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went into a more technical field.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2012.

Interview Details This was an on campus recruiting position. I dropped my résumé through university career services. The interviewer went over my résumé and asked me technical questions to check if I wasn't making things up. He also asked me technical questions on finance, options theory, and statistics.

Interview Question – What is delta of an option. There were a few brain teasers also.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details On-campus interview with Director
Two weeks later, interview with two associate managers

Interview Question – Conversational Questions about Resume and a two Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was very very good. No negotiation.

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details On campus recruiter was rude and snobby. She was also more than 15 minutes late. It gave me a terrible impression of the company despite their strong branding as a Big 4 firm. I immediately felt alienated and did not want to pursue the hiring process beyond the first interview.

Interview Question – I was expecting more behavioral questions, so when she asked me more advanced technical knowledge, I was caught off guard.   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied for the position at my university website. Got a call, attended the first round in campus. They were basic behavioural type questions and a little bit more about what I did during my previous internships. Got selected and was invited to office the following week. Ofice interview was great, had 2 back to back interviews with managers, they were really nice and I kept the conversation stuck to them and questions realted to what they were doing and what projects they are working etc. A week later I got a call and was told that I was selected.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to work with a tough situation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Well basically they send you the offer online and give you few days to accept it. If you have a better offer then you could probably negotiate. But I wouldn't recommend doing that for an internship.

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Applied online, invited to take personality test, and acceptance letter.

Interview Question – There was no interview. The process was really simple.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview Details Got the first round interview by applying through the university career website and attending career fair at university. The first round was mainly behavioral. Questions focused on your resume, leadership and working in teams. I got invited to the second round interview and flew to Atlanta and stayed in a hotel (at their expense) within walking distance of the KPMG office. The second round consisted of a manager interview, sr. manager interview, and associate lunch/interview. The number of associates varies depending on the number of applicants for that area. I had lunch with 3 associates and 3 other applicants. The interviews were based on testing your personality and how well you would fit in. The best advice I can give you is to be confident. They know when you are nervous. And don't let KPMG's reputation as being the most personable big4 fool you. They are more serious than you think.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never negotiate an internship offer. Chances are you don't have the experience or the knowledge to ask for higher compensation.

Advisory Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2011.

Interview Details Get the interview through the U. They held info sessions at my school and I got a very good exposure at that time. First round is at school and second is a office site visit. The interview questions are pretty covered in the glassdoor.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficulty people?   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG in April 2011.

Interview Details I had 2 1-hour long interviews that surrounded a lunch. Both of the interviews were fairly informal. Only behavioral questions and getting to know me, no case interviews, etc. I got to go to lunch with some people in the function I am now working in.

Interview Question – Where have you displayed leadership?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Advisory Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.