KPMG

48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Manager Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in June 2011.

Interview Details 2 weeks of emails, phone interview and panel interview

Interview Question – Most challenging tax topic encountered   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview took only 30 minutes. The senior manager I interviewed with was quite personable, and the recruiter from our school was and has been quite helpful throughout. I was declined for a second interview, heard in a week.

Interview Question – What have you heard about the other big 4?

I found this question strange. He did say that he only asked because he doesn't know anything about the others.
  Answer Question

Financial Management Entry-level Consultant Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied through university career center. Attended their pre-night where I got to meet my interviewer. The interview was very casual, asking behavioral and situational questions. There was no case. I got invited to second rounds interviews 2 weeks later.
Second round consisted of pre-night dinner with all other applicants, morning presentations to learn more about KPMG and then 2 30 min back-to-back interviews.

All the questions were more about fit than anything else. They had a very nice office and everyone was very welcoming and smart.

Interview Question – - How do you go about analyzing a problem?
- Why KPMG/FM?
  Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details Intense interview. You can expect alot of technical questions about accounting, so be prepared. I interview with two people in the same room. Also, be prepared for critical thinking questions as well

Interview Question – Explain goodwill   Answer Question

Credit Risk Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online,and was contacted on the phone by HR,followed by a phone screen with another HR,phone interview with Director and then was called on site...there were 4 interviews for 30minutes each-2directors and 2 senior associates.very helpful and make you feel comfortable.just general discussions, and getting to know you more

Interview Question – nothing was unexpected...in the initial phone screen with director, focus was more on documentation,but later just discussed behavioral and my past experience   Answer Question

IT Attestation Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details I had networked extensively with KPMG recruiters on campus both at the career fair and open office hours. I was then invited for a first round interview on campus. The interview was laid back with a few behavioral questions. I could tell that the interviewer wanted to get to know me on a more persona level, so I was able to find some common interests to talk about in the interview. After successfully completing a first round interview on campus, I was invited to KPMG's Inside Look program. KPMG definitely wants you to feel comfortable in their office and give you the opportunity to engage in social conversations with many different professionals. Dinner followed after, which was very nice. On the second day of the Inside Look program, you get a more in depth look at the office and a sense of what it would be like working as a KPMG professional. I had two interviews - one with the Director of National Recruiting and another with a Senior Manager in the IT attestation practice. When meeting with the manager, I was being asked many behavioral questions left and right, as if I was trying to be thrown off guard. Within the last ten minutes of the interview, my interviewer took a complete "180" and we engaged in my social conversation and discussed what it would be like working on a team together.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had to relay a complicated message and how you did so."   Answer Question

Global Internship Program Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2013.

Interview Details Application review- be as detailed as possible; include as much prior international experience as possible; sound passionate
phone interview-- 30 minutes, mostly logistics, asked: name two strengths and two things you can improve on; why would it benefit you to go abroad;Please describe any skills/experiences that have prepared you to work internationally.If selected, what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?

Interview Question – what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details 1 phone screen, 3 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews

Interview Question – Questions regarding industry trends.   View Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details Recruiter from outside firm contacted me and then handed it over to the in-house HR. I had to email once to ask after a week of no response then I got an email that day to apply online and got a phone call to confirm. The actual interviews were with five people (two seniors then the remaining individually). They all were very welcoming and I was very comfortable throughout.

Interview Question – Not difficult questions. They just want to know who you are and what you have done.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.