KPMG

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through university career website. The first interview was with a partner. He was really nice and I liked him very much. The interview was for about 30 minutes, and I was surprised that he asked me only few questions (Maybe that was enough for him). The questions were pretty much behavioral. He asked me if I have any questions, and I asked few until time ran out. I think it was 15 minutes of me talking and 15 minutes of him talking. I got a phone call in 3-4 business days about second round of interview at the office. I interviewed with 2 partners there. It was same idea - no technical questions. I think they want to see if they like you and you will be a good fit. UPDATE: The second round interview was on Friday, and I got a phone call on Monday morning from the recruiting manager telling me that I got the internship. I really like how the process with KPMG is super quick!

Interview Question – How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

TAX Intern Interview

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details Applied through campus recruiting. went to the first round.

Interview Question – just normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in October 2012.

Interview Details Two rounds interview. One on campus, one on site. it went very well for the first round. I had a great experience in talking with the tax manager. There were several team work project during the second round interview. the questions in second round were quite standard.Get good prepared for that. They are kind of slow in deciding the final result.

Interview Question – Standard question.
Eg. Tell me your team work experience.
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KPMG in November 2012.

Interview Details Walk me through your resume?
Experience in Transfer Pricing?

Interview Question – Valuation formulas   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A phone call with the salary ready, it seems to be the same salary of $3666 per month for all interns.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus career services, and had three interviews--two with partners and one with a manager. Both rounds of interviews were preceded by pre-interview dinners, although the people I interviewed with weren't present at either. Manager interview was very standard, partner interviews were more free-flowing, and focused much more on interests. All of the questions were behavioral, and there was lots of time for my own questions.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to be in this group?   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Hiring process was very drawn out. 2 interviews in total. Both behavioral in nature. Final round was at the office meeting with the senior manager.

Interview Question – When was the last time you dealt with an ethical issue?   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through on-campus interview program. Pre-interview dinner the night before with all candidates applying to KPMG. The dinner was mainly to get to know the interviewers for the following day. First interview was one on one and was conversational with no behavioral questions. Was e-mailed about a week and a half later for second interview. Second interview was office visit and was very brief (only 30 minutes with conversational questions again).

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG in June 2012.

Interview Details I went to a pre-interview dinner which helped get to know the bosses. The interviewer asked about my leadership skills, education, and community service. It wasn't "hard" but then again I had already networked with the employers on campus before the actual interview.

Interview Question – Why did I transfer schools?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate. I was very pleased with my salary offer (plus signing bonus).

Tax Intern Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details It was a surprisingly informal process with lots of opportunities to speak to different members of the firm. The questions seemed very traditional--favorite classes, where do you see yourself in 10 years, what have you learned from past internships, best qualities you see in yourself, applicable skills, etc. A refreshing interview process for a big four firm!

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably where I would see myself in ten years.   Answer Question

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in October 2011.

Interview Details I met with their recruiters on campus, and received an invitation to an on-campus interview and a pre-interview social the night before. The on-campus interview was mostly just a conversation and discussion of my resume. After that, I received an invite to an office visit (the "Inside Look"). The office visit consisted of a dinner/meet and greet, then multiple interviews the next day with various managers and partners. The interviews were largely just conversations more than anything.

Interview Question – They looked at my transcript, pointed out my lowest grade, and asked "What happened?"   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Tax Intern interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.