KPMG US Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 25 Aug 2014

3.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

An email was sent to confirm the on-campus interview.
After selecting a date, a notice for pre-interview dinner event came up.
Many interviewers and greeters did show up but my interviewer did not.
Next day, an on-campus interview was held.
The interviewer was a Director. He just went through my resume from top to the bottom and asked very general behavioral interview questions.
Questions on my major and industry, and added his explanation about the industry as I hesitated a little.
After a week, an email was sent that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions
  • What is your opinion about technology? (was quite vague)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

First, talked to a recruiter. Then, sent an application. Next, had a phone interview with a principal in the practice I was interviewing for. Finally, they flew me out to Atlanta for a 2 day interview process. The first day was an informal meet and greet, followed by a dinner with employees. Next day was a morning seminar, ending with 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How will your degree from college help you in our practice?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in January 2013.

Contacted via e-mail after online app. Was invited to office and interviewed with directors.

Associate Consultant Interview

interviewed at KPMG US in September 2012.

Starts with providing a solution for a real business scenario. Presentation skills, verbal ability and thought process are analyzed here. Next is excel exercise. 10 excel tasks to be completed in one hour. At least 8 to be correct. Not a cakewalk. Next HR interview. Just chilled. Next interview with a member from future team. Puzzles solving and analytical thinking related discussion. Next interview with manager. More on the subject. Next with partner. Woof-- sweating interview for 1 hour. Got screwed like anything. Stress handling and fitment into team are analyzed here.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KPMG US in December 2009.

My interview process was split up into 2 days - group work and skills test on one day, and the partner presentation the following day. Group interview was not too difficult, we had to analyse the case and provide our solution. Basically, the company wanted to see that we can work in group, how we organise the discussion etc.. Skills test was on the computer - and given a limited time to complete the task I felt under a lot of time pressure. Partner interview felt relatively comfortable, the partner was quite laid-back and friendly. I got a rejection in the end - and according to the feedback I haven't performed well on the computer-based test.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in June 2008.

Multiple levels of interview. Predominantly case interviews in one-on-one as well as panel format. Case problem provided. Problem structuring, detailed analysis and strong conclusions expected. Some degree of guidance provided. Articulation key to success. Some degree of sector knowledge expected but not key. Core consulting skills are the focus of the evaluation exercise.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help a leading retailer improve profitability?   Answer Question