KPMG US

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

1. On campus info session. Connected with current employers.
2. Invited to interview social at a local bar. They say it's optional, but it's a must to be considered.
3. 1st round on campus interview. Went through resume and one case question.
4. 2nd round in office interview. Entirely behavioral interviews and a presentation.
5. Invited to interview social at local bar.

Campus requiter was very friendly and responsive.

Interview Questions
  • Apparently they weren't supposed to ask case questions, but one of them was "How would you go about doing a mass deployment of Office 365?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Associate Interview

I got this interview from a career fair. A senior manager interviewed me. The process was enjoyable. She shared her experience with me first and asked me to tell her about myself. It is important to remember the resume well because my interviewer asked me some questions on it. Moreover, she asked me some questions about teamwork and leadership. All the questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most difficult thing you ever faced.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I joined KPMG as an experienced professional. My interview process was unusual and didn't follow usual interview procedures. I showed interest in joining the Big 4 and KPMG showed interest back. I went to lunch (wearing jeans) on a Friday with a partner, director and a manager, then a few days later I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was mostly conversation with a discussion of why I wanted to join KPMG - which was the standard name, prestige, etc.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I came in at a higher salary than other experienced associates. But this hurt me in the long run as I didn't get a raise for another year and a half.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was granted an interview through the campus career center. I have attended multiple campus events hosted by KPMG and find their people to be the most compelling reason to seek employment at the firm. Everyone is exceedingly nice, welcoming and sincere in their desire to see candidates excel. The day of the interview went very smoothly as I was greeted by a relatively new associate who explained the process and answered any questions. My interviewer was a Manager who was very nice and easy to talk with about my credentials. The thirty minutes allotted for the interview were gone before we knew it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for phone screening. Then the head of the team called for phone screening. I was invited for in person interview and met two managers and two directors.

Interview Questions
    • Tech Questions about discount rate, interest only bond, principal only bond, CMBS.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Recruiter reached out to me for initial phone interview. Everything went well and then she never got back in touch with me again. Followed up by email twice, two weeks apart, and still never received any response or acknowledgement.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Initial Communication was from KPMG recruiting. The recruiter was the liaison between me and the hiring partner. The recruiter's job was to sell me to the partner and to prep me for the interview. It was an enjoyable experience.

Negotiations did not take place.

Associate Interview

meet with senior manager and partener

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

On campus interview
    Two interviewers
    Got the interview even though I was not in accounting

when asked if i was interested in accounting i said "if you want me to be"

i was young and desperate for the job

needless to say i didnt get it

the women were lovely and great conversationalists

great experience

Associate Interview

45 minute phone interview with a director. Got approved to fly out to the office. For 2 30 minute interviews with directors followed by a lunch with some senior associates. Interview was mostly behavioral based. I ended up asking more questions about themselves the firm and the job than they actually asked me.