KPMG US

Average Difficulty
112 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sydney

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG US in February 2013.

Interview Details pretty straight forward. first received a phone interview- why did you apply for this position, why kpmg...followed by two manager/partner interview

Interview Question – how do you evaluate success?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details I had attended recruiting events prior to applying at KPMG. I also participated in a summer leadership program that met a few times over the summer in a group of roughly 30+ other college students.

I interviewed in the early fall subsequent to the summer leadership development program. My best guess is that while I was having fun mingling with the other students, this was also a time when recruiters and members of Management observed participants as potential hires. I had also met with KPMG subsequent to the leadership program during on campus events / invites through on-campus recruiting.

During the actual interview I met with 3-4 individuals, at least one partner and 2 directors. I had already met some of these people previously so we mostly talked about random topics and caught up on prior conversations we had. The interviewer I hadn't previously met asked me standard interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., your strengths / weaknesses, etc.

My advice is be yourself, don't be a jerk (general rule to follow in life) to your fellow students or folks that work at KPMG and other people you encounter along the way, show that you can work in teams, that you're likable, can be a leader but can also be effective at following. They're big on doing business right and hiring the right people that fit that culture.

Interview Question – Why accounting? I had other things on my resume on one point that might have been less tailored to accounting/ audit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation since I was fresh out of college and there were many other candidates with very similar backgrounds. This is likely much different at the experienced level.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2014.

Interview Details Really pull from their intern pool. They do not ask detailed questions, only behavioral. They really seek to find a culture fit and assume that if you can pass the CPA and graduate with a respectable GPA that you can fulfill all the technical requirements. They like to see team work.

Interview Question – No curve ball questions in the least.   Answer Question

Oxford, MS (US)

Interview Details Interview went smoothly mainly behavioral questions. They asked one techincal quesiton but that was it. Overall friendly and nice people. I think they sort of had an idea of who they were hiring going into the interviews based on their outtings. If your GPA is not in the 3.5 plus range and do not have a connection they essentially do not consider you

Interview Question – Give an example of when your integrity was tested- what did you do   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in May 2010.

Interview Details Over here, they would just come to the schools and conduct interviews, which are convenient. Ultimately, they are slave drivers and they need people so they would take in all the graduates, as much as they could. They would offer you contracts on the spot, and of course you still have time to think and decide later.

Interview Question – No difficult question, just be normal, anyone can ask about anything   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Applied through school

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you have faced   Answer Question

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at KPMG US in June 2010.

Interview Details Assessment centre prepared byHR specialists and observed by specialists and managers from the company. Test of English and test of German. General intelligence testing. Interview with managers and partners.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Interview Details Online tests, interview

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at KPMG US

Interview Details A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview Details Interview with Partner

Interview Question – What would your friends say about your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!