KPMG US Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KPMG US (Sydney) in February 2013.

Interview

pretty straight forward. first received a phone interview- why did you apply for this position, why kpmg...followed by two manager/partner interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at my university. I received an email two days later inviting me in for an interview and office visit. I interviewed with an Audit Manager and two partners. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was a great experience overall!

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter after submitting a resume. I was offered an interview on campus, and after making it past the first round I was invited to fly out to tour the office and I was interviewed by two of the managing partners there. The firm was very professional, and the interview process was organized in such a way that I knew what was going on. I have also interviewed with other accounting firms with similar results.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them.

Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp

They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables.

Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions

• There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Campus interview was very conversational and almost there was no behavioural questions. Only question I remember from the first interview was "tell me about yourself". There were many questions regarding my resume and hobbies. After some time, it became a chat about our travels. 1 month later I was invited to office visit. I was interviewed by 2 manager. Both were great people and again, all questions came from my resume. It was again very conversational. For whole interview process, you should prepare many intelligent questions to ask. It really makes huge difference and determine the direction of the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Had phone interview with hr then brought in met with a managing director. After managing director met with a partner. Overall not a very hard experience the staff was very easy to talk to and seemed very interested in those with whom they interviewed and how the company could benefit possible employees

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary for an interview. Very basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Went through university's recruiting process. Was in a target school, but had a below average GPA for Big 4. Networked my butt off with all 4 and secured Round 1s with 3 of the 4. Heard back from KPMG within a week for 2nd round. 2nd round was office tour, met Partners, Managers and Staff. Office tour is mostly that, an office tour, with 2 back-to-back 30 min interviews with Senior Managers/Partners in the middle of the day. Behavioral questions for all interviews, if you're going into auditing thats just how it'll be for all Big 4 interviews. Heard back 3 hours after I got back from the tour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied through on-campus recruitment.

I went to the career fair and got invitation for first round bs interview. I had a pre-interview dinner the night before the interview. The interviewer is friendly and basically ask about the resume and ask which part of auditing you are interested in.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

Applied through my local University. However my university recruits heavily and are a BIG 4 magnet. In my honest opinion you should always try to go to all info sessions and socials so that you can network. As a transfer to a top 25 uni and top 5 accounting program i only regret not networking. My gap was not bad 3.5 but if i networked life would have been SOOOO much easier during the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure   1 Answer

Got better offer at mid tear

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Interview

I got in for 1st round campus interview, second round be invited office visit. both should be behavioral and conversational. The interviewers will be senior managers. They will be taking notes of your answers.

Interview Questions

• Your teammates decide to go one direction but you prefer the opposite. What would you do?   1 Answer