KPMG US

2.9

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they gave.

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in September 2014.

Applied through campus site, got the first interview. Was strictly behavioral, really more like a conversation. In a week or so got a call from the interviewer asking me to go for a super day. It was great--a meal at Trump Tower, and awesome hotel accommodations. Got a tour of the place, got to network, etc. 2 Interviews the next day. Both also behavioral, they didn't expect much knowledge of TP. Ended up with me asking more questions than them. Got the internship offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Just straight up here is your offer. No negotiating

Procurement Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

1. phone interview with local HR; 2. first round with a manager in the service line; 3. on-site interview

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview took only 30 minutes. The senior manager I interviewed with was quite personable, and the recruiter from our school was and has been quite helpful throughout. I was declined for a second interview, heard in a week.

Interview Questions
    • What have you heard about the other big 4?

I found this question strange. He did say that he only asked because he doesn't know anything about the others.

Answer Question

Global Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in November 2013.

Application review- be as detailed as possible; include as much prior international experience as possible; sound passionate
    phone interview-- 30 minutes, mostly logistics, asked: name two strengths and two things you can improve on; why would it benefit you to go abroad;Please describe any skills/experiences that have prepared you to work internationally.If selected, what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?

Interview Questions
    • what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KPMG US.

1 phone screen, 3 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews

Credit Risk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I applied online,and was contacted on the phone by HR,followed by a phone screen with another HR,phone interview with Director and then was called on site...there were 4 interviews for 30minutes each-2directors and 2 senior associates.very helpful and make you feel comfortable.just general discussions, and getting to know you more

Interview Questions
    • nothing was unexpected...in the initial phone screen with director, focus was more on documentation,but later just discussed behavioral and my past experience   Answer Question

IT Attestation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

I had networked extensively with KPMG recruiters on campus both at the career fair and open office hours. I was then invited for a first round interview on campus. The interview was laid back with a few behavioral questions. I could tell that the interviewer wanted to get to know me on a more persona level, so I was able to find some common interests to talk about in the interview. After successfully completing a first round interview on campus, I was invited to KPMG's Inside Look program. KPMG definitely wants you to feel comfortable in their office and give you the opportunity to engage in social conversations with many different professionals. Dinner followed after, which was very nice. On the second day of the Inside Look program, you get a more in depth look at the office and a sense of what it would be like working as a KPMG professional. I had two interviews - one with the Director of National Recruiting and another with a Senior Manager in the IT attestation practice. When meeting with the manager, I was being asked many behavioral questions left and right, as if I was trying to be thrown off guard. Within the last ten minutes of the interview, my interviewer took a complete "180" and we engaged in my social conversation and discussed what it would be like working on a team together.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you had to relay a complicated message and how you did so."   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Recruiter from outside firm contacted me and then handed it over to the in-house HR. I had to email once to ask after a week of no response then I got an email that day to apply online and got a phone call to confirm. The actual interviews were with five people (two seniors then the remaining individually). They all were very welcoming and I was very comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult questions. They just want to know who you are and what you have done.   Answer Question