KPMG US Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2014

2.9

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KPMG US.

I went through KPMG first round campus interview. It was very straight forward, not very conversational. I was asked about 4-5 behavioral questions and my interviewer wrote down something quickly. I also asked some questions like what's the company's management style.

Interview Questions
  • Show me an example how you over come a learning curve.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Tax Associate Interview

A recruiter comes to your school, you submit your resume to them. You get an email for an interview if they are interested. You interview with 2-3 managers. If they like you, you hear back within 1-2 weeks. Fill out the job application, wait for them to do a background check, and then get the offer letter with 2 weeks to accept it.

Interview Questions
    • One manager simply asked "tell me about yourself" at the start, and then did not speak again until the half hour was up, and simply ended with "thank you".   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KPMG US.

Interviews were great. Emphasized more on the person, not their qualifications/past job experience. Questions included things like work-life balance, how to manage handle stress, expectations and questions I had surrounding the type of work that I would be doing.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KPMG US.

1) online application form with basic questions. 2) verbal and numerical reasoning tests. 3) telephone competency interview with manager. 4) assessment centre: retest of verbal test, in-tray, summarizing exercise, role plays. 5) partner interview at office location

Tax Associate Interview

Submit resume to a Human Resources person, for his or her review. Then she'll hook you up with a Partner for a phone / face-to-face interview, which typically does not take very long. Most interview questions were personal / career-related (nothing technical of any nature). Typically, if the Partner likes speaking with you, that's it.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you instead of an LLM graduate? Why should I sponsor you a visa?   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through the campus career center website as well as the official KPMG website. Had a first round interview on campus and was notified within a few days that I had been selected for a second round interview in office. The in-office interviews were more challenging than the first round on campus interview, but nothing too unbearable. Overall it was a very pleasant process.

Interview Questions
    • it was something about describing a time when you had to make a work/life balance decision and what was complicated about it.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Pretty informal interview mostly designed to test your personality and fit for company culture. Interviewer was very outgoing and personable and made me feel comfortable.

Did not want to specialize right away which KPMG forces new associates to do

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KPMG US.

chose one of the work experiences you have and explain to me how you like it and what you learnt?

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

applied on campus recruiting and got informed of interview two days of the interview day and had over the phone i

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you get chanllenged by your team member? What is your teamwork experioence   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG US in October 2013.

Campus recruiting. First round - on-campus interview, second round - office visit. There will be pre-night, dinner, breakfast and lunch that prepared for candidates, which are highly recommended to candidates to participate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that your supervisor gave you a constructive suggestion, and how did you take it?   View Answer

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!