KPMG US

Updated 24 Nov 2014

2.9

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KPMG US.

Applied through university. Whole process took about a month.
Heard back about a first round interview a week after I applied. They held and informal meet and greet at a local bar in town. I met my interviewer and a few associates at the event. The next day I had a very laid back interview with a senior partner. We talked about sports and stuff for the first 10 minutes. Then he asked me some very basic behavioral questions and left me almost 20 minutes to ask him questions. Heard back about a 2nd round at their office less than 2 weeks later. Flew me to the city, put me up in a hotel. Took me to a very nice dinner and then had the interview the next day. Started with breakfast and some team building exercises. Had 2 back to back interviews, mostly conversational. No real behavioral questions at all. Just a get to know you get to know me type deal. Went as well as it could have gone. Super easy process. Got a rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions
  • What are have you done in the past 4 years that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG US

Tax Associate Interview

Initial interview was at my school. Interview was with a partner from the division and area I wanted. Very casual interview but once they heard my GPA I feel like the interviewed lost interest. Did not receive a call back

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions but what caught me by surprise was tell me a time you stood up for something you believed in?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US.

First round interview was very friendly and relaxed. Didn't ask anything unexpected. They really wanted to know why I was going into tax, what I was passionate about, and how well I had thought through the public accounting profession. The interviewer was excellent and led the conversation well. I was impressed with her. I could tell she was looking to determine not what I knew about tax, but more about how intelligent of a person I was overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

The campus recruiter was too serious which made me very nervous in the interview. Questions he asked were all about behavior. I performed very well in the beginning, but felt much more nervous later.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KPMG US.

Casual pre-interview event on campus, 30 minute campus interview with Senior Associate (audit), then 30 minute phone interview with a Tax Partner about a week or two later. Mostly basic behavioral questions and general about yourself, your direction/career aspirations, and your accomplishments. Both interviewers were very nice.

Tax Associate Interview

Go to the pre-interview mixer. It is great to meet with the interviewer before in a relaxed setting.It is also good to see who else is getting interviewed and compare your skills with theirs in order to determine what to highlight and how to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd.

Tax Associate Interview

Submitted resume via university careerlink. Got first round on-campus interview with a manager. Lasted about 30 minutes. Nothing unexpected, approximately four to five behavioral quesions. Be prepared to ask your questions.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

2nd-round Interview at their office. First was a meet and greet with the tax department of the firm, then broke off for 1-on-1 interviews. Started off conversational but had a few behavioral questions as well. Nothing technical. Followed it up with a presentation to all the recruits there and then a reception (wet).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered in a group setting   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

I applied through my campus recruiting program. I met an employee that took me under her wing and sent my resume to the right people. I was then flown out for an office visit, which went very well. They offered me the same day as my interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for experiences that I had encountered in my schooling that pertained to leadership abilities.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KPMG US in October 2014.

First it will be on campus Interview. There will be a pre-night before that. After you get the second-round interview, you will have an on-site Interview, which is called inside look program.

I didn't negotiate.