Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in October 2013.

This firm took 4 months to make a hiring decision. It took me almost 3 months to be reimbursed for travel expenses related to the interview. The process included phone screens and panel interviews. There was an initial phone screen by recruiter, phone screen by hiring manager, face to face panel interview and multiple additional phone screens as follow up. Copies of presentations and communications were requested as work samples.

Interview Questions
    • Detail the change management process that was used in an implementation that you conducted.   Answer Question

Company fit.

Strategic Technologies Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job interview . The onsite interview consisted of a set of "standard" interview questions followed by technical and questions related to project management.
    The whole process went very smooth and was offered a 1 year contract. The whole interview / hiring process took 4 weeks.

Kp Org Registration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in April 2014.

After submitting my resume and cover letter, I received a call for an interview within two days. The interview was scheduled for a week later. I was interviewed by two project managers, who were co-managers for my position. The interview was very relaxed and they presented their questions in a way that felt like they truly wanted an answer, not a "gotcha" moment. They both asked questions and gave positive verbal affirmations after some of my answers, which was unexpected but also nice. I went on a two trip immediately following my interview so I received an email while there that they'd like to bring me in for an interview with the director of the department. In hindsight, I realize this was less an interview with her and more of a confirmation and offer of the job. It reviewed what I discussed in the previous interview and she also asked if this job really fit my passions, which happen to be very different from the daily activities for the job. While this was true, I wanted to the job so I was somehow able to link the fundamentals of my passion to the job. My position is technically contracted, so there was no room to ask for more than what I was offered, which was $13.50/hr with little mileage reimbursement. The director described the work environment as "work hard, play hard" and it seemed to ring true as all employees in the department except director are under 35. The actual hiring process took a month and a half and my direct supervisors kept referencing how slow things move within Kaiser, especially paperwork. Even if the job is an ASAP hire, it will most likely take a month to onboard, which is on the quick side. Job descriptions at Kaiser also tend to be written more intimidating and demanding than they actually are, so don't let that scare you off from applying.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were generally difficult, though the question specific to my background and passions within social justice and fitting with a very non social justice oriented job was unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was no room to negotiate as this is a full-time, but short term contract.

Cashier/Receptionist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2014.

Interview Questions
    Do NOT give up. I have applied for jobs with Kaiser for nearly 9 months consistently. I was called 4 months ago for testing and did not immediately receive a call back. A recruiter called me a week ago and scheduled an interview, I prepared myself, aced the interview and was offered the job 3 days later.

Senior Designer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2010.

I interviewed with an ACD, left my book to be reviewed by CD and other management. The postiion was freelance to start and then after a year went to FT. After they had my portfolio for a week, I picked up my portfolio and received an offer a week later. Had to do a drug test and background check before I could start work.

Interview Questions
    No, there was really no negotiation. They have a salary range and either you take it or you don't.

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2010.

I received an email to schedule a face to face interview. When I arrived I had a panel interview of all the staff in the department (4 at the time). This was followed by a few 1 on 1 interview sessions. Questions were about my experience and asking me to explain bullet points in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions combined with explaining your experience. If you prepare to address both there will not be difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I tried but there were no negotiations.

LVN I Interview

Took about a month for them to email me an online test. Once I completed the test, it took about a day for a recruiter to call me. about 2 business days later I was called for an interview in front of a panel.

Interview Questions
    • what was your most stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2014.

I applied to the position online about a week later I received a call center assessment interview. I then received a call to set up interview it was a panel interview. I was asked general questions and from that point on I was told that I would hear back from a recruiter when a final decision was made regarding the selection. It was a pretty easy interview aside from the fact that I seemed to be overqualified.

Interview Questions
    • What position do you want to group to in this company?   View Answer

LVN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2014.

I applied online and I was asked to complete an online assessment. Then a recruiter called me a week later to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for a bilingual test. After the bilingual test it takes around a week to get a face to face interview, then drug/background test.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Initial contact requested that I complete a questionnaire.
    4 week process. Deal with HR in initial stages until they narrow down candidates. Took about a week between stages to be contacted.
    Obviously has some bureaucracy issues slowing down the process.
    Friendly staff and office -- good corporate culture, especially in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Grilled on technical knowledge as a new candidate just out of college.   Answer Question

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!