Kaiser Permanente Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
Updated 28 Sep 2014

2.9

Configuration Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

I knew a manager that gave me the contact info of the hiring manager. I emailed and heard back within 30 minutes, we set up a call for the next day and had a 40 minute conversation about work experiences and what the role would be like. I was susprised the next step was working with the on boarding recruiter about finalizing the offer. I received the offer in a day and I countered with 6% increase in salary and they gave me what I asked for. Very quick and concise hiring process. Comprehensive background check.

Interview Questions
    I countered for 6% for more money and got it and I am eligible for the bonus structure at end of year.

Kaiser Permanente Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Smooth process that was well-run. I think they're looking for genuine interest in healthcare-don't both applying unless you do, both because they'll be able to tell in your interview and because the work won't drive you. An amazing company to work for doing amazing things in the community--if you're interested in improving peoples' health, this is a great place to do it.

Interview Questions
    • None that stick out, but make sure you're familiar with KP and the industry.   Answer Question

Senior Contract Analyst Interview

I was contacted via phone by the HR recruiter and had a screening interview with the recruiter. That was followed up by an interview with the hiring manager. Then the recruiter contacted me with the job offer and we went through some negotiations. It was a pretty process.

PeopleSoft Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Kaiser doesn't screen resumes directly for these relatively smaller positions, like mine. They've external HR consultancies to do that. I submitted to a third party, who had a quick response (I've lots of experience with the tool) and had a lengthy chat. Once that was done, she asked me for three times / days to be available for an interview. KP Interview panel had 7 people at various levels and the interview was over in just 2 hours where the questions ranged from the application knowledge, domain knowledge, skill sets and SDLC knowledge, business process and some written documents. After that I was called in for a face to face and that was done in another hour or so. Relatively easy process, if you know the tool. Some of the senior analysts, who did the face to face, are more hands on and have been using the tools, know the domain inside out. I finally met the director and he was hands on and very helpful. Strangely for a non-IT company, KP has excellent IT culture which I liked a lot. Overall a very professional and positive environment.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

Applied online to a few positions with different locations over about 6 months. Not really actively trying. Once I reached 2 years experience in the field, they called within a couple weeks. Interviewed at one location but was turned down (I did a terrible interview so I wasn't surprised) but they passed my name on to other hiring managers (surprising because of the first terrible interview). I set up a second interview with the managers from other locations, more prepared this time. They asked the exact same questions and told me they would call by the following Friday with a yes or no. They called the next day and offered me the job at my preferred location (not the first one I interviewed with, they let me choose). It was very pleasant and professional in all regards.

Interview Questions
    • How do I handle unhappy customers? Give specific examples.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever worked with someone who did not pull their own weight? Give specific examples of how I handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Have I ever not gotten along with a coworker regarding culture, religion, etc.? Specific example of how I handled it?   Answer Question
    • How often am I late? And how often do I call out sick? (I understand this is the most important quality to the company)   Answer Question
    The pay rate is set by the union from what I understand, but it is an excellent wage for the amount of education I have.

Customer Service/Data Entry Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in September 2014.

I don't have anything to say except I went in for an interview now they want to do a group interview. Does anyone know what to expect? My original interview went great...They just took a while to get back with me re: the group interview

Interview Questions
    • Greatest weakness and how many days did you call in sick   Answer Question

LVN I Interview

Took about a month for them to email me an online test. Once I completed the test, it took about a day for a recruiter to call me. about 2 business days later I was called for an interview in front of a panel.

Interview Questions
    • what was your most stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier/Receptionist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2014.

Interview Questions
    Do NOT give up. I have applied for jobs with Kaiser for nearly 9 months consistently. I was called 4 months ago for testing and did not immediately receive a call back. A recruiter called me a week ago and scheduled an interview, I prepared myself, aced the interview and was offered the job 3 days later.

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Initial contact requested that I complete a questionnaire.
    4 week process. Deal with HR in initial stages until they narrow down candidates. Took about a week between stages to be contacted.
    Obviously has some bureaucracy issues slowing down the process.
    Friendly staff and office -- good corporate culture, especially in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Grilled on technical knowledge as a new candidate just out of college.   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2014.

I applied to the position online about a week later I received a call center assessment interview. I then received a call to set up interview it was a panel interview. I was asked general questions and from that point on I was told that I would hear back from a recruiter when a final decision was made regarding the selection. It was a pretty easy interview aside from the fact that I seemed to be overqualified.

Interview Questions
    • What position do you want to group to in this company?   View Answer

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!