Kaiser Permanente

Getting the Interview

390 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, after a month received a call to attend a personal interview, presented myself and interviewed with several people in group and personally, a week later received a call with an offer.

Interview Question – What to do in very specific research scenario and what decision making process and decision to make.   Answer Question

Senior Communications Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in November 2013.

Interview Details I was surprised at the lack of urgency. I felt like the process took a long time (2 months from interview to hire, but the job was posted for a couple months before I applied). Since being in the company and seeing the entire hiring process, I think it's fair to say the process takes an average of 3-5 months from positing to hire. Once I actually received an interview I was turned off by the aloof attitude of the hiring manager. The interview itself was more heavily focused on my technical proficiency and skills, as opposed to culture fit/personality (perhaps it was because I was referred from someone internally, so the hiring manager assumed I would be a "fit.")

Interview Question – I was not expecting multiple skill/proficiency tests   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in August 2010.

Interview Details Interview took place with a panel of two other candidates and three total interviewers. Awkward and stressful interview that led to one of the other candidates, who worked within the organization, to despise me upon getting the job over him.

Interview Question – How would you handle the schedule when an employee calls out and another employee wants to go home sick?   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2010.

Interview Details Single interview! I had a friend in the department that recommended me and they were short staffed. Typical interview with one person...the department manager.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Internship Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kaiser Permanente.

Interview Details Very basic questions about yourself and values. Asked "what is one time you...." type questions regarding leadership, work ethic, personality, etc. Made me write an overview of an article in 20 min. Overall pretty easy, first interview I've ever had so I was really nervous and didn't well. Wish I had prepared answers.

Interview Question – How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Process Improvement Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial communications were done through HR. Through email they set up a phone screening interview. The interview was about 20 minutes. Next a group interview was set up with members in the department. Process went quickly. Everything completed within 5 days.

Interview Question – Asked about the usefulness of the six sigma certification for me.   View Answer

LVN Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied over a year ago and got a random call I was told to take an assessment test in which I did exceptionally well. Then I was scheduled for 2 interviews did really good on both got a call with an offer and now im just waiting on grtting drug tested and background.

Interview Question – What makes you the right person for this position. What makes you better than anyone else.   Answer Question

Community Benefits Administrative Intern Interview

Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in February 2014.

Interview Details Completed a prescreening questionnaire and was invited to a group interview. The group interview had about 9-12 people in a panel interview setting. They asked many behavioral questions related to past work experience. I was invited to an individual panel interview afterward with the regional manager of the department and two current employees who gave information about the job, company, their line of work and asked further behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a creative idea you had to implement. What did you do and how was the outcome?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in January 2010.

Interview Details Kaiser Permanente's interview process can be lengthy. For me, it began with a screening interview by an assigned HR recruiter. The questions asked in the screening interview are straightforward. It's easy to tell that these are the questions the hiring manager provided to the recruiter. Once past the screening interview, I met with the hiring manager. I was then invited back for a second round interview with members of the team and also internal business partners. There were about 4 in total. Start to finish, the interview process took several weeks. Once Kaiser gave me an offer, there was another two weeks during which they conducted a very thorough background check. I also had to submit to a drug test.

Interview Question – Describe in detail a successful project you designed and managed. How did you measure success?   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kaiser Permanente in May 2013.

Interview Details Extensive application and testing procedure leading up to group interviews. All impersonal and based on performance, as it should be.

Interview Question – How would you define "Taking Ownership" of a telephone call as a Kaiser Permanente Employee.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Kaiser Permanente Videos

Kaiser Permanente – Why Work for Us?

At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for health. Yours. Ours. Everyone’s. That means we advocate the well-being of people and their parts—like hips and hearts, for instance. And to better serve those parts, we study them. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente interview questions and advice. All 390 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees and interview candidates.