Kelly Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant I Interview

Staff Accountant I
Irving, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in December 2012.

Interview Details I didn't interview with Kelly. I actually interviewed with the client who then said that I needed to go through Kelly. So they never talked to me until it was time for an offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation per the employer.

Direct Hire Recruiter Interview

Direct Hire Recruiter
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in October 2011.

Interview Details Telephone interview with Regional Division Manager, then a face to face meeting with local Branch Manager and team members. Regional Division Manager made offer.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10, how competitive are you?   View Answer

Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home) Interview

Technical Support Advisor (Apple @ Home)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kelly Services in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and in a few days I was sent another longer application through a website. Then, I was asked to do a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 30 min and involved some technical questions as well as some customer service questions. They got back to me on their decision in 24 hours.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work major holidays, even christmas?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Kelly Services in April 2013.

Interview Details Was told specifically it was a position that required "an entrepreneurial spirit" and I was to "run my own desk" only to find out from day 1 I was to be micro-managed severley worse than I was in my first year in the industry (2004).

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult about the interview. in retropect the interview probably should have been MORE challenging. They just neeed to get bodies in there.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Westborough, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a ad on Craigslist, did a phone interview with client, than in person at Kelly services

Interview Question – Only thing was the background check was 2 weeks   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Glenview, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in August 2013.

Interview Details Company conducts skill testing, drug testing. Hiring manager at each assignment interviews several aplicants sent by Kelly.

Interview Question – Can you make a long-term commitment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - recruiter said the pay rate was $23.10 per hour and that was it.

Senior Staffing Supervisor Interview

Senior Staffing Supervisor
Lynchburg, VA (US)

Interview Details First received an email requesting a phone interview (about 45 min) with branch manager mainly asking about my background and experience, the following day had an in-person interview (2 hours) talking with branch manager. Super nice, made me feel very comfortable, discussed my background, the job and the business in more detail. By the following week I had a job offer which I accepted. Seems like they will be a great company to work for.

Interview Question – The usual: please describe your weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very relaxed. I was called in about a week after interview to discuss salary details and complete paperwork for background check etc. I did not negotiate much since I was pleased with the initial offer. The manager explained how bonuses would factor in as well. It sounds like if you are driven the income potential is there.

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kelly Services.

Interview Details After applying online, I was contacted via email for a phone interview. Interviewer was friendly and asked relevant questions related to the job posting. Many of the questions asked were related to my college coursework due to being a recent college graduate. Phone interview lasted approximately 45 minutes

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. It was straight forward questions. What is your experience related to the position   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a great opportunity but too far away for commuting

Temp to Hire Position Interview

Temp to Hire Position

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kelly Services in March 2013.

Interview Details Phone screen and in person interview process.

Interview Question – Business case scenario in reference to how I would handle an actual on the job scenario.   Answer Question

Apple AHA Interview

Apple AHA
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kelly Services in May 2010.

Interview Details Easy.... I was hired on the 1st call.

Negotiation Details – None.