KeyBank Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KeyBank in August 2012.

Interview process was very simple, came into the branch and met with the client service manager as well as the branch manager. Asked me a few simple questions and was done.

Interview Questions
  • "this location is very slow, how would you bring more business to this location?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank.

Word of advice: paste your resume up everywhere you can. And be prepared for a lengthy interview process, took nearly a month all together.

I was contacted by an extremely pleasant recruiter via email asking me if I were interested in applying for a position. We scheduled a short phone interview. I then was asked to fill out the online application where there was a Virtual Tryout. You basically get tested on how you perform as a teller. There's multiple choice and some short answer questions. I scored high enough to get a an in-person interview with the head teller and branch manager. Lots of typical questions and situational explanations from past jobs.

After that, I was contacted by HR to authorize a background check, and schedule a drug test/fingerprinting. Be advised, you may have to travel outside your town to find a local clinic that KeyBank works with. After my drug test was cleared HR asked me to send some proof of employment for two jobs they had a hard time contacting (it was winter break, so the university was closed).

Finally I got a letter in the mail as well as a congratulatory email from everyone involved in the process saying they were excited to have me. Everyone at the Boulder branch is extremely nice and helped this otherwise cumbersome process go pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary in the face-to-face interview, but the short answer questions in the Virtual Tryout threw me off and they're timed.   Answer Question
    I had the HR lady contact me over the phone and I asked her during the second phone interview if the dollar amount was reasonable. I did lots of research ahead of time, so they saw me as being reasonable and gave me my requested salary.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank.

Applied online, they have you do a virtual teller test. HR will contact you if they want you to schedule an in branch interview. At the next interview, you will meet someone to interview you and ask you typical interview questions.

no negotiation

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank.

Apply online for a number of positions, wait for a couple weeks, get an emailed virtual job tryout, wait a week, get a phone interview, wait a week, get an interview with the District Ops Manager, wait a week, get an interview with the branch management, wait a week, get an offer and instructions to go get drug tested while they do background checks, wait two weeks, start.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the typical questions. Hard client experience, management/coworker difficulty, great customer experience, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Was immediately told the offer stands as is.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in October 2012.

After completing the online application there was a Virtual Teller Tryout. Received phone screen from HR the next week. Interviewed two days later. The interview took place with the Relationship Manager as well as a Regional Manager. Interview questions were basic. Interviewers were trying to get a sense as to whether or not you could sell different services to clients. Accepted job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience meeting quotas?
      Are you comfortable recommending financial services to clients?
        Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moses Lake, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moses Lake, WA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KeyBank in September 2012.

Since I was a current client to KeyBank I heard the position and talked with the Tellers/Lead Teller about it before hand. Since they already knew me the interview was quick and easy. Alot was already known.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in May 2012.

First skill test, then phone interview, then in person interview with 2 managers, then drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your abilities with a computer on a scale of 1-10.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Woodinville, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in March 2012.

After completing an online application, I received an invitation to complete a 'virtual screening', which was an online series of questions ranging from questions about how you would handle specific situations (multiple choice) to 'math type' questions. After passing that screen, I was invited to an 'interview day' in their corporate office, which took place almost a month later. I've done panel interviews before (both as an interviewer and as an interviewee), but this was the first time I'd ever heard of a group interview, where there were several of us (5) who were applying for the same position in the same room, all being asked questions (individually, one at a time) by a panel of 4 or 5 company managers. (I have since learned that this seems to be fairly common in the banking industry for teller positions.) None of us was asked the same question, with the exception of some basic questions about our backgrounds and which branch we were looking to work at. All the situational questions asked of each of us were different. Following that process, which took about an hour, we took about a 10-minute break, at which point each of the managers came back and took each of us separately into a different room for a 1:1 interview. Based on the description of the job during the process, I realized that it was probably not something I wanted to do, and pretty much took myself out of the running during the 1:1 interview, however I felt comfortable during the interview and it was very well handled by all of the managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client? What happened, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in September 2010.

I walked in seeking employment, resume in hand. I spoke to the client service manager, who seemed eager to take my information. I was asked to apply online and that I would receive a call. Within a week, I was called for an in person interview with the branch manager and client service manager. I was immediately offered the position with a tentative offer. Over the next three weeks, I had a phone interview with he human resources associate. She than proceeded to perform a background check and I had to schedule a drug test. When everything came back, I was able to begin employment with Key Bank.

Interview Questions
    This entails any position, but to always aim high. I was told initially that this was an entry level position paying no more than ten dollars per hour. I than said I couldn't take anything less has eleven. During he process, they were very impressed with my sales experience and wanted to place me in a different position but a different offer was not made. Then requested another dollar added on to my hourly pay for additional responsibilities.

Teller Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KeyBank in March 2010.

My first interview was a one on one and she mostly asked me about my background and some senerio questions. The whole thing was probably 30 mins. After 2 weeks I got my second interview and they asked more in depth questions like my skills and a few senerio questions. 2 days later I got the acceptance call :)

Interview Questions

Worked for KeyBank? Contribute to the Community!