Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep 2014
Updated 23 Sep 2014

2.8

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Phone intv., next intv with director and lead, 3rd with two HR directors, 4th with regional management. At each level questions were more job specific. Each level provided insight into the company operations and culture.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were situational specific to the job function. Questions in first two intv. Were scripted latter interviews were less formal   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Kinder Morgan in August 2014.

I had very bad and disgusting experience when an Asian Indian Engineering Manager Interviewed me ,he asked personal questions and he was trying to find my weakness points and focused on them,He was not professional at all and i think he was trying to bring an Indian person for this position, I even found his speaking very hard to understand and i this is effect my life i became very sad for days because he makes me realize that finding job does not depend on my experience and qualification but depend on what the interviewer want to say about me and wither he was keeping this position for someone he knows.

Interview Questions
    • where you from? do you work as an engineer ?!! do you know the API standers number for the welding spec. ? do you know how to draw a PFD?   View Answer

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

I applied 2 months prior on the KM career site. I got a call asking if I wanted to phone interview the next week. On the day and time I was told the interview would take place I got no call. I called and left and a voice mail but never heard anything again.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interviewed with the supervisor and director, took about an hour, it was very laid back, no specific accounting questions. The director seemed to be very occupied with other high priority issues that were going on at the time so mainly interviewed with the supervisor she was a nice young lady.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Regional Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Argo, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Argo, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Approached initially by email to schedule a phone interview. Advised via email of my advancement and then to schedule of personal interview. A small office within the Argo, IL, terminal. Very laid back and personal with a mix of both males and females. Due to the nature of the industry, security is tight, but a smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual interview. Most difficult question was desired salary in which I had no basis to go off. I was able to delay my answer twice and was later given the yearly salary range for the position without requesting.   Answer Question

Analyst OA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview was with 3 directors asked several questions and performed work related test. such as spreadsheet creation and powerpoint presentation

Interview Questions
    • Conversion of Barrels to Gallons without any provided conversion   Answer Question
    none

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Extraordinarily well-written script for an 8-on-one interview, which brings all aspects of the job into focus.

smooth, professional

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan in November 2013.

I went to college career fair. I was contacted a few days later. I was interviewed by the hiring manager. There was no HR present. Mostly behavioral questions. It was a very high energy interview. There were many questions involving leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

LNG Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Was called in for an initial interview that lasted 2-3 hours. Then another interview a month later that was basically the same and lasted 3-4 hours, and was taking out for lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a mathematical question that required knowlegdge in Physics and some Algebra. But I got the question right.   Answer Question
    Offered the position about a month after my second interview. Was told a starting date and starting pay

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2013.

I met them at a career fair at my school where I handed them my resume. I received an email saying that I was a preferred candidate and I was encouraged to apply. I applied online and they contacted me for an interview. I went to there job site to interview. There site is a little bit off the beaten path and is a bit hard to find. All they do is tell you the address of the location; they believe as an engineer you should be able to find the location, So read up on directions and don't be late!

Interview Questions
    • Asked mostly behavioral questions. A few questions they asked are, How do you handle conflict? When was a time you noticed a coworker not following safety regulations, and what did you do?   Answer Question