Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr 2015

2.6

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Renton, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I set an appointment up on the recruiter's calendar, she cancelled it because of something that came up and apologized. I reset the appointment for a new date on her calendar. I had to move my appointment, because the KU company changed my work hours for that week and then I apologized for the inconvenience. She was very cordial and understanding and let me set another appointment that would work for my new work schedule. We finally connected, had a very short conversation. The position I was applying for had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would consider working further from my home area. I was asked why I wanted the position. The regional managers are out of state for a huge conference, she's going to talk with the regional manager to see if I would be a good fit for an area close to my home area.   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kindercare in January 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting online and submitted my resume and cover letter, then it was forwarded onto another location. The interview was set up the next day for a few days later. I had already interviewed earlier in the year with a different location so the process was very smooth and quick. I interviewed with Center Director and Assistant Director, then went into the classroom and got to spend time with the kids. I was offered the job before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when things don't go as planned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was. I told them what I was looking for in salary and they came back with something in that range.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I was interviewed at a location different than where the job was. I was interviewed by the Center Director and a teacher. They asked standard questions and I was hired at the end of the interview. I had to provide my degree and resume.

Interview Questions

• Have I registered for PDR? I just moved to the south and had no idea what she was talking about.   Answer Question

Teacher/Support Staff Interview

Interview

You had to apply online and then fill out a paper application. Then they would call you. They would have a phone interview and then bring you in for a personal interview.

Negotiation

there wasn't really one.

Learning Adventures Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Came professionally dressed to the interview- absolutely loved the director and assistant director. All employees very friendly and nice, were upfront about expectations. Asked about my experiences with teaching and what subjects I was most comfortable and familiar with. Then asked about my preferences with kids, explained that Kindercare does what is best for the kids. Told me everything I needed to know about the center.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and fair.

Teacher Interview

Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare (Saint Peters, MO (US)).

Interview

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

VPK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

It was good overall, she was nice but she lied to me. She said that I will get $11.00 an hour and when they hired me it was $10.50.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

None.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question