Kohl's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.2

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

For some reason, to save time I know, but doesn't work with their question/interview process, it's a group interview session with every question asking for input - goes on for too long

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Applied online, was called a few days later from a manager asking about setting up an interview within the next week. Was In the interview with another interviewee, we were asked a bunch of questions. Was called a half hour after I left asking if I'd accept the job.

POS Associate Interview

Was invited to a group interview that consisted of approximately 6 other people. There are about 5-6 questions asked; try and answer at least 3 of them. They kept a few of us in the same room we interviewed in after and had told us after they analyzed the interview that we had received the job. At this point, we filled out paperwork and set up our training date.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked how you have dealt with upset customers in a past job.   View Answer

Housewares Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Simple all they cared about was that you will not get paid much. They want to make sure you are customer centered because that is who you will be dealing with 50 percent of the time. All I did was apply online and I got a phone call to come in and interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. They said their was a drug test but never gave me paper to go get one. Lets just say they really should because some of the people they did hire clearly where doing something.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are customer centered so just make sure you say I'm customer centered and you will get it.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

The interview process was terrible. It is in group format and they ask you customer service scenario questions. Didn't like it at all. This company needs to reconsider their interviewing format. They also expect you to work different departments as well as register. Very understaffed. Not a good experience

Interview Questions
    • Customer service scenario questions. Wanted everyone to "jump in" to the conversation to answer interview questions   Answer Question

POS Sales Associate Interview

This will more than likely be a group interview where you will have to tell stories about how proud you were when you accomplished something great and explain why you think you will be a good fit. For this position most of your competitors will be pretty mundane and unless someone gives a really horrible answer or fails the drug test most of you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer a question about a time when you performed well under stress.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

There weren't any trick questions - everything is pretty boilerplate about weaknesses and strenghts, past experience, etc. There are two rounds you must go through, and the interviewers are pretty friendly and straightforward. The best way to prepare is just to google typical interview questions and think about how you'd answer, based off your resume.

Interview Questions
    You are not able to negotiate salary - it is determined by cost of living in your location.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Group Interview. It was very general questions which produced very general answers. Wasn't areas where you could stand out in the interview. Pay is non negotiable at 7.45 an hour. I thought that the interview was not a big hit because you couldn't get to know the person nor show the manager what you could bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were general such as: when was a time you went above and beyond for a customer or when was a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it. The questions didn't really get to be tailored to a specific person so they just kept it general.   Answer Question

the pay rate was ridiculously low from what I was asking and was told that it wouldn't be an issue to meet my requirements.

POS Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Kohl's in August 2014.

The manager called me and set up an appointment for me to be interviewed. I came in and had to fill out some paperwork along with another person. The manager interviewed both me and the other person which was a little unprofessional to me as well as intimidating because the other woman had more experience than me. She asked a lot of questions I wasn't expecting except for the usual, Why did you pick this position.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose the Sales Associate position? Have you ever won an award from work before? How have you handled a difficult situation in the work environment?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

The first interview was very brief and questions were very general, mostly about previous experience. I was asked to return for second interview, which I did about three days later. Again I was asked about work history, why I wanted to work there, what I could offer the company, and goals with them.

Interview Questions
    • What are weaknesses is a difficult question because its hard to be certain what opinions the interviewer will form based on this infornation.   Answer Question

At the time they would not be able to guarantee more then five hours a week.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!