Kohl's

836 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Started as a Manager-In-Training interview was completed on campus, 3 1-1 interview and a group interview portion. These seems like similar questions managerial based, team based questions, leadership and behavior questions as well. Group portion was acting as a management team and prioritizing tasks together to rank importance.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, signing bonus of 2k

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details I submitted an online resume and was called for an interview within a few days. It was a group interview. It began with us filling out applications even though we had already filled them out online. Then the interviewer went around asking each of the 4 applicants typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What would your last employer say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in January 2010.

Interview Details 4 hour interview for an L2 programming position. Met with directors, programmers, applied for Analyst position, but was interviewed for a Programmer position. There were 3 separate interview dates, with about a week in between, with an additional week waiting for their decision.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions...all fairly rote and unimaginative, by the book, "how to interview a prospective employee" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate, was presented with salary and could either accept or decline.

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS)
Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Applied by going to the store and completing a paper application. I received a phone call for a group interview within a week. I went in for the group interview which lasted about 25 - 30 minutes, at which time they had those they were interested in stay and complete hiring paperwork - availability forms, background forms, drug testing forms (depending on position). Once background check and drug test came back I received a call with a job offer for seasonal hire within a week of interview. I was offered permanent status after the holiday seasonal ended.

Interview Question – Giving examples of times you were, i.e. upset by a person, how you helped someone in a bad place turn in around, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotion phase for initial hire, it is what they offer. Promotion time, I negotiated and that was successful.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was sent an email within 2 days. Was scheduled for a group interview a week later. I went in early & they had me fill out an application in the break room. They asked about availability and said they would call within 2 weeks since they had more interviews later on that day. Today is day one.

Interview Question – Name a time when there was a conflict & how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Equipment Operator Interview

Equipment Operator
San Bernardino, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2012.

Interview Details Applied online. After a week I called their HR department. They told me to come in for interview. Interview was in group format, A few days after interview got phone call to come in for drug test(swab). I started a few days later. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Overnight Freight Associate Interview

Overnight Freight Associate
Elmhurst, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Group Interview with 6-7 other people of different positions. I was only one for freight associate. others were for POS cashiers and sales memeber positions. We all were asked the same questions and mostly answered differently and some with similarity on the yes and no questions. The interviewer asked questions ranging about availability, when i given great customer service, how you deal with irrate customer, Tell something about ourselves and some other questions. Questions required some clear concised answers from top of your heads. Overall it took a decent hour or so for the whole process

Interview Question – Is the customer is always right? Answer was YES   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Availability and Pay

POS Associate Interview

POS Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details They called and I came in for a group interview. Basic questions, and they asked us all the same ones so you could prepare an answer if another interviewee went before you.They basically promised us all the job and scheduled our first day for training.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected. All along the lines of working with a team, with a person you didn't get along with, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Design Manager Interview

Design Manager
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in September 2010.

Interview Details 2 rounds of multi-person interviews at the corp office. Very normal, no crazy questions. Most of the discussion was around what I thought of their product and how I would update it. They put me up for the weekend to check out the area with a Realtor. The recruiter had great follow up throughout the process.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a good sign on bonus to make up for them not budging on the salary. Great relocation package.

POS Sales Associate Interview

POS Sales Associate
Lemont, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details I had applied at Kohls a week before I received a call for a group interview on Snagajob.com . She had 3 scheduled group interviews that day & I has chosen the later one. Let me just first say I have been looking around EVERYWHERE for jobs thats not fast food and am normally extremely nervous when it comes to interviews, yet this one felt very different for me. My group interview wasn't exactly a group. It was me & this one other guy. We were told to go to Customer Service to wait. We were then asked to sit in the break room while we waited for the interviewer. I've always researched about group interviews and have gotten to know that when they tell you to wait with the group they look to see if are very interactive and friendly with your peers or co-workers while you wait. So I began to hold a conversation with him. He look older than me but was actually younger and in high school. After about 5 minutes of waiting in the break room the manager called us over, shook hands and handed us like a 6 page packet of information to fill out including information like references, past work experience, availability and consent to a background/drug test. She had us sit at our own individual desks outside her office to fill that out and when finished were supposed to hand them to her. Kohls really looks for open availability especially for an upcoming school year. Unfortunately the other guy was more into sports for school and basically had no availability whatsoever so she had basically told her she didn't want to waste his time and told him if he is available to give her a call back, so he left. So overall, the interview was then one on one. It was fairly easy and lasted only about 10-15 minutes at the most. She didn't ask me any questions about ME and school only the basic interview questions. For example, Why do you want to work for Kohls? Name a time when you went above and beyond. Name a time when you got frustrated. How would your previous boss describe you? Will you and are you able to solicit credit? I cant remember the rest but one question Kohls is big about is Is the customer always right? It was a fairly easy interview, she asked if I had any questions and I asked about dress code which is business casual with closed toe shoes. After that she asked if I had anymore questions, I said no, she told me she'd let me know if I got the job shortly, we shook hands & I left. I live about 10-15 minutes from this Kohls and I was home for about 5 minutes and I received a call from the manager telling me I was her last interview of the day, she really liked me and my availability and she mainly hired me because of my apparel which is a plus for me! I took the job and now have orientation in 2 weeks. I have an Old Navy group interview a week before Kohls orientation and if i get the ON job before Kohls orientation I would certainly keep the ON job than Kohls because of the distance from my school. So unfortunately I may or may not have any experience to give about Kohls but I hope my interview experience has helped!

Interview Question – Name a time when you were frustrated and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I will be paid minimum wage $8.25.

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!