Kohl's

Average Difficulty
850 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS) Interview

Sales Associate (Customer Service, MJM, Jewelry, POS)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through Snagajob, was contacted less than a week later to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled, but was cancelled by the employer about 2 hours beforehand. Rescheduled for later that week. Once I got there, I found out it was going to be a group interview with 7 others. Less than a week after the interview, was contacted that I was being offered a job and then scheduled a time for group orientation.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. They asked questions to the entire group and then two or three people volunteered answers, typically. Based on who I know got hired, it seems like they liked the more outgoing people who volunteered more answers.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details Group interview, very basic but it was obvious they were looking for outspoken people. It was a long interview, i think it took a couple of hours total. We were taken 3 at a time to the office for the final consensus.

Interview Question – What to do if you need to help a customer in another department. Should you leave your area or call someone?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, 2 days later I got an email from the HR department asking for an in person interview. After putting in my 2 week notice at my old job I was able to start immediately.

Interview Question – Name a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, but I was offered sliiiiightly above minimum wage

E-Commerce Customer Service Advocate Interview

E-Commerce Customer Service Advocate
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for Kohls two different times just to make sure they contacted me back, the next week i was called for a phone interview...the phone interview took about 40minutes. then he said i passed that interview on the spot so he emailed me an assessment test, passed that then i was emailed a few days later to pick a spot fithin the next 3wks for an in person interview, i had chosen the earliest one. Went to the interview sat in a grop of other hopeful; candidates they called us back by the full group, showed a presentation and the benefits about working with kohls.. then we were taken back to a Room where a lot of hiring managers were sitting waiting for us. They asked like 4 detailed questions . I left the interview confident but i wasn't called for about t 2wks, i was told they were backed up but to check an email. finally after 3wks i was called an offered the position . then i had to accept the offer letter then go take my drug test

Interview Question – Whats an Detailed and Specifc situation, where u dealt with diffcult customers, whaT DOD YOU DO TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND THE STEPS U CHOSE TO GET YOU THERE   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nO I DIDN'T NEGOTIATE BUT I HEARD THE POSTION DOES OFFER A BIT MORE ...

POS Associate In Lake Worth, TX Interview

POS Associate In Lake Worth, TX
Lake Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Got a call about three days after I applied to go in for a group interview. Got there early. There were three other girls with me. I noticed I was always the one sitting the tallest. First we filled out paper applications and then we were taken to the orientation room for the actual interview. The store mamager as well as the assistant manager asked the questions. VERY basic questions, but I could tell they really enjoyed my unique answers for them. It was clear that I wasn't trying to kiss their butts, just answer honestly. After the few questions they asked, we got to ask them something, DO THAT. Don't let them just sit there with the crickets chirping. I asked what their favorite thing about working there was, and they were very happy when answering that. We concluded the interview with them telling us the pay; $7.75/hr, and that after another interview in the evening, they would make up their mind and make a call before the end of the day. FYI--I have zero RETAIL experience, as my last job was fast food, but I worked there for over a year and that's a great way to get customer service experience, which I made known to them during the questions. I don't know if they hired anyone else, but they did call me around four that afternoon offering me the job, only reason I turned it down was because Old Navy, which is closer to home with higher pay, offered me a better deal shortly after my interview at Kohl's.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for the customer.   View Answer
  • Which department would you most likely enjoy working in and why?   View Answer
  • How would your managers describe you in the work place?   View Answer
  • What would coworkers say about you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Old Navy is five minutes from my house and offered a better deal. Would have said yes otherwise.

Kohls Sales Associate Interview

Kohls Sales Associate
Southaven, MS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kohl's in May 2014.

Interview Details I filled out a application through SnagAJob.com .I started calling everyday and asking for the manager but he was so hard to find.I finally got a hold of him after a few weeks.He told me to come in at 3:00 P.M the next day.I came in early at 2:30 P.M and he didn't come in till 5:15 P.M that day.So I had waited all that time that day dedicated to get a job. When he finally got there he asked me questions and told me he was going to hire me,He lied!

Interview Question – Simple Questions   Answer Question

Freight Associate Interview

Freight Associate
Flint, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied July 2nd Emailed for Interview July 17th interview scheduled July 23rd Job offer July 24th...Computers were down finishing up my hiring process THIS MONDAY JULY 28TH!! Birthday July 27th :)

Interview Question – What would you do if you had to many things to do at once?   View Answers (2)

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Cerritos, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied and was called for an interview. I did one group interview with maybe 3 questions and got hired. After getting hired, there was a drug screening and background test. I came in and gave my information to the manager and was working within a few days.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't find a need to negotiate.

Merchant Analyst Interview

Merchant Analyst
Menomonee Falls, WI (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview Details I applies online and spoke with a recruiter over the phone. I was invited to a 2 day event in Milwaukee a few weeks later. It included a very casual networking dinner the night before and the interviews the following morning at corporate. There were three 1:1 interviews with various managers in the buying offices and then a group interview later in the day. They also gave a tour of the corporate office.

Interview Question – Group project/presentation: Should Kohl's go international and offer shipping to other countries? You have 20 minutes to work with a group of other candidates as 3 interviewers observe your interaction.   Answer Question

Beauty Adviser Associate Interview

Beauty Adviser Associate
Wyomissing, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Kohl's in July 2014.

Interview Details Unfortunately, I didn't have a good interview experience at the Kohl's in my area. A mix up with their online listing led to a bad experience for me and the interviewer.

I applied through Snagajob, which listed the position as "Beauty Sales Associate." In the job requirements section, it said they wanted someone with prior experience in sales, customer service, or working with the public, and a "willingness to apply cosmetics and fragrances" on customers according to state regulations. I have two years' experience as a Sales Associate and I was willing to do makeup applications, so I met the listed requirements. I thought it would be a fun job and I filled out the application.

Four days later, I got a voicemail from the HR department saying they were doing interviews the following morning at 10. Excited, I called back to let them know I'd be there.

When I arrived, the interviewer seemed surprised that I was the only applicant, since it was supposed to be a group interview. He asked for a resume, so make sure to bring one to your interview just in case. After looking it over, he asked if I had previous experience as a beautician or cosmetologist. I let him know I didn't, but I was eager to learn. Then he told me the position was for a Beauty Adviser Associate, and as soon as he said that, a red flag went up.

I thought, wait a minute, I applied for the Beauty -Sales- Associate position! Of course I'm not qualified to be an Adviser! He said prior experience in cosmetology was more or less required. This also concerned me, because I knew the Snagajob listing never mentioned beautician experience as a requirement. All it asked for was a willingness to do makeup applications. None of the application questions asked if I had that experience either.

I thought, the only thing that can explain this is I applied for the wrong position.

He told me that the best opening for me would be somewhere else in the store, but he didn't give specifics as to what department. At that point, we could both sort of tell this wasn't going anywhere.

He asked some routine interview questions and I filled out paperwork just in case they still had another opening. The interviewer got busy and let me know to hand over my papers to the HR woman. She checked over everything, and told me that was it. I didn't see the interviewer again.

When I got back home, I immediately pulled up the listing to see what was going on with this position. Had I mistakenly applied for the Beauty Adviser Associate position instead of the Beauty -Sales- Associate position? When I checked, it turns out that I had applied for the Beauty Sales Associate position like I thought. I double checked the ad to see if required beautician experience was mentioned, but it wasn't.

If I had known the position was for an Adviser instead of a Sales Associate, as the listing specifically said, I would never have applied. I felt misled. The interviewer's time and mine were wasted, and I probably came across as incompetent. I truly wish them well on finding the right applicant, since the interviewer and staff were all really nice and straightforward, but in the end I'm not happy about the mix up. I don't think I'll be applying to Kohl's again.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!