Kroger

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details I went to the store I wished to work at, and picked up an application. I then filled out application that day, and spoke with the hiring manager. She conducted a basic interview about availability and desired duration of employment (e.g. summer months can work more hours vs. school year). It was a very easy process.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed hourly rate.

Very Easy Interview

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in July 2014.

Interview Details My Interview was a group interview with about 8 people in applying for different jobs (including me). We all got a worksheet that asked very basic questions, What was your favorite job or assignment, what was your least favorite job or assignment, what you feel someone needs to have (personality wise) to be most helpful to customers, and how as an individual can you improve. We had to read off this portion. Next thing on the worksheet was "What is your favorite product in the store." and everyone was grouped into groups of two. We then had to "sell" her our products that the both of us chose. This was a teamwork exercise and only last about a minute per group. After that, the interview process was over and the person giving the interview gave us all a drug test and after we turned in our drug test, we were free to go and we all had gotten a job.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in January 2011.

Interview Details They ask questions to see if you are a nice friendly person. The interview last about a 30 minutes. The paper work takes about a hour. They do the drug test right there in the store if you agree.

Interview Question – why should they hire you? What makes you different from other people that want a job?   Answer Question

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details I applied online through the careers section of Kroger. After about a week of waiting I called the store I had applied at and asked to speak with the hiring manager to check on the status of my application. I was informed they had received and reviewed it. I was told to go to a training store location for my interview with an HR rep, a few other people were there when I arrived. We were interviewed individually, I dressed business casual (no tie, just tucked in collared shirt with nice pants). After the interview I was offered a position on the spot provided my mouth swab drug test and background check were clear.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, standard customer service questions regarding past experiences and how to deal with certain situations. Pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If I had more experience at the time I could have negotiated for more

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details It took several weeks of me calling them and on the day of the interview the hiring manager forgot and was an hour late. We had the interview in the employees only office and she just asked me questions from the application. Remember what you wrote on the app.

Interview Question – Basic questions. Nothing too bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I had to be content with minimum wage.

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details Drug test,swab....background check...called two refrences and had three interveiws...first with the kroger hiring chef then managemnet and finally store managment....very easy and standard interveiws...easy easy...its nion so there is no negotiations but they have a ton of benefits foe employees

Interview Question – None interveiws were easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its union so no negotiations

Produce Clerk Interview

Produce Clerk
Hamilton, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details It happen so long ago, many things have changed I guess for the better. More is done now on the computer. There is more chances of getting a job with all the new store openings. Interviews are pretty quick. They often hired someone with no experience. Promote within. It does take longer now of days waiting on back ground checks.

Negotiation Details – It is a union job and there was no negotiation, just where you wanted to work at in the store

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at Kroger

Interview Details Just a few questions about previous work experience. Most questions are generic interview questions. Alot about what I had done prevuiosly with the company and how I worked with manegement to solve problems.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details I put in an online application and they contacted me within a week. The interview took place in the HR office at the front of the store with a very nice lady who made the interview very smooth. There were no specific interview questions and she had to leave a few times to deal with people in store and on the phone. I did a drug test on the spot after she gave me a choice between getting carts and being a cashier/bagger and then she gave a date to come in for orientation and paperwork.

Interview Question – There were no specific questions about behavior or character that I can remember but the online application gave copious scenarios for which you could tell they were looking for specific responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked me what pay I wanted but ultimately ended with minimum wage like the rest.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in June 2014.

Interview Details I was interviewed twice in three days. The questions were definitely pertinent for the job of cashier. The process was very pleasant. I was told on day four that I had been hired.

Interview Question – Dealing with unusual transactions at the cash register.   Answer Question

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!