Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

1.9

Co-Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Kroger in June 2012.

Interview and hiring took about 3-4 weeks before it was all over. 3 different interviews with 7 people total. First interview was a phone interview. Got a call the next week for a panel interview at a district store, then received a call the next week for another panel interview at the Kroger corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stands out, just be yourself.   View Answer
    Simple, they offered me a decent amount, more than i expexted

Cashier/Non-Foods Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Kroger in March 2010.

Easy interview the manager told me what they expected and wanted and then how to do my job and when I can start. I accepted the job and worked their two years.

Flat hourly rate

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in January 2013.

there will be several interviews-store manager, district manager, executive management team and finally HR team. If you make it through all the management interviews and offer will be made and you will have 3 days to respond. FYI- before you take the offer make sure you discuss all your experience in order to receive your value.

JUST KNOW YOUR WORTH

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2012.

They asked me two or three general questions and then had me take a drug-screening. The entire process was pretty straightforward. After the screening, I left and waited to be contacted. Roughly a week later, they told me that I had the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger.

good interview, broken promises. First they were upbeat, then suddenly you were annoying. They seemed very impressed, then it seemed like the thrill was gone after folloup phone calls.

not much

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in August 2014.

Kroger asks you a bunch of questions like what does customer service mean to you? They are looking for someone who is open, communicative, and has good body language. Try to project your friendliness toward the hiring manager, make eye contact, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult of the interview is when they ask if you have customer service experience or any situations that you had to someone you were serving. How would you respond when a customer is angry at you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harper Woods, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harper Woods, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kroger in January 2010.

When filling out the online application there is a very long behavioral portion. The interview was less of an interview and more of a Drug test. After the drug test was cleared I was called in to discuss position and pay. Potential use was predetermined through the screening process.

Interview Questions
    Easy. There were two potential positions open I could have filled and I selected that which best worked to me disposition.

Floor Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger.

Group interview. We had a group project and working in groups of four to make a meal out of our favorite dishes. It broke the tension and nervous-ness in the room, had us laughing. They will automatically weed out the people who they aren't going to hire and keep the people they will hire in the room and talk about job opportunities. Easy questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You get on a company set wage.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oak Ridge, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in November 2012.

Very easy interview process. They first contacted me about a week after I initially applied online about an interview. Asked the basic questions. Education, previous work history, etc.. Took about a week for the drug screen to come back, and started 3 days later.

Co-Manager Interview

Interviewed with HR coordinator then main HR office. Asked basic behavioral questions. Have to take a simple math test and also a behavioral assessment. After that they called and offered me a salary which I declined and I gave them an amount and a few days later they called back with what I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Asked union based questions as far as consistent discipline goes.   Answer Question
    you can negotiate

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!