Kroger

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.0

MD1 Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kroger.

First step was a screening process next theres gonna be a panel interview where you have to answer multiply of question based on past work history. Used Star Method and explain in details your answers.

Central Fill Pharmacy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted by the company a few days later. I was asked very simple questions and an interview was scheduled for the following Tuesday. I was interviewed twice in one day by pairs of different people including the hiring managers, supervisor and a pharmacist. It was not a long interview, actually kind of short but I think it was due to my limited work experience. They were very nice and pleasant with me. I didn't do very well and some questions were beyond my experience. It was a bit difficult for me but if you have lots of work experience and familiar with pharmacy, it probably will be easier for you. Got an email two days later saying they would consider other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you gave new ideas and what was the response.
      Why do you think this job is a good fit for you?

Answer Question

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownwood, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Brownwood, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

I just had a telephone interview from the company this morning and was told the starting pay would be $7.50 and the hours would be between 10 P.M. and 9 A.M. I'm still waiting to heard if I'll be called in for a second interview in person at the local store.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger in February 2015.

There are several stages for the Interview process, The online application was fairly easy but rather lengthy. The first interview was a major see if we like you and if you like us scenario. The second interview was a bit more in depth, going into detail about many aspects of the running of he store and gauging if the applicant can handle the facets of the job. The final interview was the official offer and acceptance of the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how you would handle a belligerent customer, someone who is not happy when they come in, and turn them to a satisfied customer.   View Answer

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Turned in my application online and got a call about two weeks later. I had talked to the pharmacy manager about hiring me since they were looking for people. I came in and interviewed with the pharmacy manager for about 30 minutes. He asked me about my schedule, my certification, if I was a registered tech, and also some quick things about pharmacy. I was hired on the spot. I came in for a drug test and background test a week later.

Clerk Interview

Hiring was easy with very little hassle. There was a few people that were doing the interviews in the same room at the time, but felt one on one when doing the interview. There was nothing to outrageous with the interview as well that wasn't different from any other interview.

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions that were asked, but nothing to weird.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and was called in for an interview soon after. I met with the front end manager. I was a little overdressed and eager because it was my first job. I was in college and they didn't ask for much experience to be a cashier. I was mostly working with high school students. They loved my personality, I took the employment tests and training that same day and they put me on the schedule. They took an oral swab for a drug test and that was about it. I filled out the usual paperwork for taxes and my banking information.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, I was just asked about my past jobs and what I was studying in school.   Answer Question
    It is a minimum wage job.

Natural Foods Department Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

You do the online application (about an hour long process) and after a varying amount of time if you did well on the questionnaire you will be called in for an interview. If you get an interview you will get your drug test and as long as that passes you have the job. The questions your asked are more for what position you will best be suited for.

Associate Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

Called in for an interview at the store I would be working at. I met with the store manager and the HR Coordinator for the district. Interview was fairly simple. No behavioral interview questions. Just seemed like they were trying to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you could handle dealing with, training, and helping people of all different ages?   Answer Question
    No negotiations available

Deli Clerk Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I was called in for an interview. After that a mouth swab test. Then I had to go to an three or four hour orientation. The next step was to do computer work.