Kroger

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

standard interview questions and applied on line They asked what my strengths and weaknesses were. They asked a couple of times about why I like Kroger and I said I like helping customers etc.

Interview Questions
    Set my availability although they did not follow through very well

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Applied online, got called Sunday morning to come in for a group interview. Introductions and asked about hobbies. Asked 2 write answers to two questions, then tell your answers to the group, Then you leave for 10 minutes to see if you're selected for one on one interview. In my group of 10,only 3 were selected and I wasn't one of them. Kind of a waste of time, as I had other interviews that I didn't attend or postpone because of this one.

Interview Questions
    • Name five things that make a great shopping experience?
      If you saw a mom with 3 small kids and a full cart ,what would you do
        Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Submit application which is done online. Then you will need to go and talk to a hiring manager to be set apart from the rest of the applications because there is a huge volume of applications. Sometimes there is an informal interview other times its just a matter of going and talking to a manager that works there. Then attend orientation which consist of walking around the store and getting a baseline of where everything is. Then computer training which goes over the basic tasks and common sense.

Part-Time Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kroger.

Easy interview, standard questions like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.. Got hired during the interview process and did a drug test that they send in to the lab as well.

Store Management Interview

Will ask questions based on previous experience and how that pertains to future with Kroger. Usually sit at a table with coordinators and human resources rep taking turns asking those questions.

Interview Questions
    • Break down all experience to the point of detailed experience with profit and loss to shrink.   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Interview was your typical behavioral interview. There were about ten simple questions asked mainly about providing efficient customer service to all customers. Other questions were: tell me about a time when you had to go out of the way to provide exceptional customer service for a customer. Approximately 30 minutes then a saliva drug test.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kroger.

Started out with a 1 on 1 interview. Then a panel interview consisting of 4 higher ups. Each asked 1 question and wrote down your answer. I felt that I was liked, so the interview process went smoothly for me. I've heard of others where they ask insane questions that are impossible to answer.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any - they paid more than I was making at the time, so I accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

No negotiation

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

I initially applied online for the position and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. It was mostly a behavioral type of interview. Tell me about a time.... type of questions. I received a job offer one month after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • what's your definition of customer service ?   View Answer
    no negotiation phase.