Kroger

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.0

Store Management Interview

Will ask questions based on previous experience and how that pertains to future with Kroger. Usually sit at a table with coordinators and human resources rep taking turns asking those questions.

Interview Questions
    • Break down all experience to the point of detailed experience with profit and loss to shrink.   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Interview was your typical behavioral interview. There were about ten simple questions asked mainly about providing efficient customer service to all customers. Other questions were: tell me about a time when you had to go out of the way to provide exceptional customer service for a customer. Approximately 30 minutes then a saliva drug test.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kroger.

Started out with a 1 on 1 interview. Then a panel interview consisting of 4 higher ups. Each asked 1 question and wrote down your answer. I felt that I was liked, so the interview process went smoothly for me. I've heard of others where they ask insane questions that are impossible to answer.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any - they paid more than I was making at the time, so I accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online and about a week later was called in for an interview. The interview process went fairly smoothly. I signed in at the table they had set up out front since and even though I was early they went ahead and did the interview. I was asked questions like what do you know about this company and why do you want to work for this company. They gave me the description of what was expected from a cashier and asked if I thought I could successfully perform the duties. I was told to expect a call soon. next day they called to schedule my drug test.

No negotiation

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kroger.

I initially applied online for the position and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. It was mostly a behavioral type of interview. Tell me about a time.... type of questions. I received a job offer one month after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   View Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

I applied online, Kroger contacted me the same day or the following day. I was asked to attend a group interview , which was about 30 minutes long. a manager briefed us on the company later we introduced ourselves answered 5 basic questions , took turns reading ... and that concludes the interview. your second interview consist of paperwork , online assessments/training and orientation date.

Interview Questions
    • what's your definition of customer service ?   View Answer
    no negotiation phase.

Process Analyst Interview

applied online; got an email from hiring manager for a 30 minutes' phone interview, which went well. Then received an email from HR for a on-site. The on-site lasted about 2 hours with the hiring manager and one senior level person.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your solution or methods you gonna use to a problem they give to you within about 10 minutes   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I was ask the usual questions should as how I would react to certain situations also I was greeted very nicely they offered refreshments but they are very disorganized they lost my application and call me for another interview not knowing that I already had one and that they had offered me a job.

There wasnt one

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kroger.

After my interview I was called and told i got the job three days later. Two weeks of training at the training center was fun. Then i went to my permanent store. The company match the hourly wage of my last job which is the rate they paid me.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time or event where you had to use excellent customer service skills to satisfy and unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kroger in October 2014.

Knock out the (fairly extensive) paperwork online, and you can be drug-tested and hired at the interview.

For a five-store north-Texas area, interviews (for all positions) were in groups. Each person in the group stood to introduce him/herself and then read or summarized answers to four multi-part, written questions.

1. What was your best job? What appealed to you about it? What did you not like?

2. What was the worst job you've had? Why didn't you like it?

3. What do you think are the most important skills for use in customer service? Describe a time you used these skills.

4. What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?

My group was pretty strong—lots of bright 15-year-olds—and everyone (except the guy who fled) was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What attributes or characteristics of yours do you feel could use more development?   Answer Question
    Not applicable: the barely-above-minimum wage rates are preset by collective contract.