Kroger

390 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-Time Cashier Interview

Part-Time Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty nice, the Hiring manager was pretty amiable and kind. She called and made sure I could make it to the group interview and worked with me on the subject of my birth certificate not being in my possession at the time. She was very friendly and even waiting for the other interviewees before she started.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question was the whole Union situation. The union situation kind of felt very pushy and didn't really seem like an option to actually opt out of. But I did make my decision on my own and I'm kind of glad the guy was a little pushy about the union thing. As I was immediately treated unfairly on my third day on on the job training. I'm probably going to try to contact him for more information.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kroger in August 2011.

Interview Details It was very laid back. I felt very comfortable in the interview and was offered the job the next day. It came down to me and one other candidate, but I got it based on my experience with Kronos. I had to take my drug test on the spot and fill out my paperwork.

Interview Question – I had no issues answering the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The was no negotiations offered. It was take it or leave it.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kroger in May 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interview followed by in person interview. Phone interview was with the person you will be reporting to if you get the position. Want to know your understanding of their programs they use so read and research the job description of your position carefully.

Interview Question – Rank your top three programs you are familiar with and explain how you've worked with them in the past.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kroger in January 2013.

Interview Details Multiple interviews, mostly behavioral and then 2 online assessment tests, overall nothing too difficult and seemed like a normal hiring process. Started with a phone interview, then one in person, and finally one with the District Manager for the region I would later be placed. The 2 online tests seemed to both be personality tests, just to help them rank you.

Interview Question – Just be ready to talk about yourself (Strengths/Weaknesses), conflict resolution, and leadership activities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer was given with no negotiation for me

Drug GM Clerk Interview

Drug GM Clerk
Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, received a call to set up an interview the next day. Went in for a very simple interview (less than 20 minutes) and received a conditional offer of employment pending a drug test and background check. Received a call later that week to let me know that everything had come back fine and to set up times for orientation and training.

Interview Question – Very simple, straightforward questions (Why do you want to work here, what relevant skills do you have, etc.). A few simple situational questions (Describe a situation in which you provided excellent customer service, etc.).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation opportunity

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details I was originally interviewed to be a courtesy clerk and they just asked the basic questions of a typical interview and then told me what I was going to be paid per hour starting out. They also assigned me to the store I would work. They also did a mouth swab drug test.

Negotiation Details – Its a two-tier union pay scale where part-time is paid less than full-time.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger.

Interview Details I had an interview with the HR at one particular store. The HR was very sweet and on the older side. Honestly the easiest interview I have ever done. Manners are huge. She was presently surprised when I shook her hand. It seemed like she already knew that she was going to hire me half-way through because the interview transitioned from interview questions to talking about what the job entailed.

Interview Question – What would make you a good Kroger employee?   Answer Question

Utility Clerk/Front-end/Bagger Interview

Utility Clerk/Front-end/Bagger
Wylie, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kroger in May 2013.

Interview Details group interview, easy to get hired, easy questions asked, presentation of questions to other hires, small presentation with other hires in 3 people in group, common sense questions asked too

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Suwanee, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in August 2013.

Interview Details 20 min interview, drug test by saliva, told me I would paid minimum wage, hired on the spot, negotiable hours, asked where I went to school, how long I plan on staying, and an increase in wage 50 cents every six months

Interview Question – What does kroger provide?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Baytown, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kroger in February 2013.

Interview Details They will give you a call and set you up with an interview at a kroger store location. It will be a group interview ranging up to 10 people give or take. They will ask you questions about Kroger and questions about your life. They will also ask you what can you offer if you were to to be hired. Always best to answer questions first.

Interview Question – When they ask everyone to state their past experiences and jobs and why they left that job.   Answer Question