Leggett & Platt Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar 2015

2.9

IT Interview

Interview

Only had phone screen, talked with person in charge of hiring; asked standard behavioral questions (tell me about you, strengths, weaknesses, why us, etc.), as well as asking a bit about certain things on my resume. Asked about one of my past job experiences, and challenges I faced there, as well as what I want out of my career/Leggett & Platt.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I first had a phone interview and then few days later was called for a second interview. The second interview was two weeks later. That interview lasted about an hour and a half. I was told at the end of the interview I would receive an email to attach my references to. I never received that email. I was called a week later and told they gave the job to someone else.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my previous positions and how they compared to the internal auditor position.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt.

Interview

Apply online through an applicant tracking system. Resume is very important since that is your first opportunity to be noticed. If they are interested, they will request more information or a Career History Form. Next will be a phone interview (about an hour). The top 2-3 candidates will get a 1:1 interview (2-3 hours). Finally, reference checks, drug screen. Don't be afraid to call the Talent Advisor and inquire about your status or the process. They can be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to negotiate. Don't ask for the moon and back up your request. They want to be able to pay you the best salary they can offer you out of the gate.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO (US)).

Interview

The whole interview processes took about 4 weeks. The HR called for a Phone interview first and I went to their company for the onsite interview a week later with one HR, two people from auditing department and VP. After two weeks of my onsite interview, they email me I didn't go to the final list.

Interview Questions

• No, they just go through your resume and ask some basic questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Tupelo, MS (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

They sent an email saying they were interested and then scheduled a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard interview questions about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I met my boss at a job fair for my university. 2 days after, he emailed me the open position and urged me to apply online. There was an online application, then once I submitted that there was a questionnaire with open-ended questions I had to fill out and submit. Then I had a conference phone interview (which included my boss and a talent advisor from HR). After that, I was invited to come on campus for an in-person interview. The in-person interview lasted about 3 hours and included a tour of Corporate with the two people I phone-interviewed with. I was also interviewed panel-style during this time where I had to answer questions for around 10 managers in the department and then had a separate interview with my boss and another manager I'd be working closely with. After that, I waited about a week and a half and received the job offer. I had to electronically sign the offer to accept and then my initial paperwork was emailed to me to sign electronically. I got to choose my start date.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Just 1 interview. Hired on the spot because they have such a turn around they are desperate to get people.

Negotiation

Gave me whatever I wanted

Controls Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Carthage, MO (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

They met with me. They already know me from working on projects from them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They interviewed me 1 on 1 and hired me the next day. Great people and they have a great personality.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Leggett & Platt (Port St Lucie, FL (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

We had a Phone interview before hand. They then set up a 1-1 interview at the Fl office. Since I was i Fl at the time, they rented out a car and asked if I could drive down. There were 3 other candidates applying for the same job. Had a general meeting with the team and manager.
    Then sat down for a 2-hr extensive interview that involved an electrical test. Then had a wal-around of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Electrical Design test. Involved a lot of motor rating calculations and electrical theory   Answer Question

Setup Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Leggett & Platt in August 2010.

Interview

i filled out app they called had interview took drug test then started

Interview Questions

• asked if i knw what certain tools were   1 Answer
    • asked if i was available for any shift   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing