Lexmark International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Lexington, KY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Lexmark International in June 2014.

Interview Details Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in March 2010.

Interview Details 2 interviews phone and personal with regional and national managers phone asked questions on the copy process and functions of these processes,personal interview 1st with regional manager questions about copy,scanning,and network conectivity,2nd with national manager customer related question on how,why, and who is is important and why it is important.

Interview Question – how can you help company grow   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in July 2010.

Interview Details HR phone interview followed by a technical phone interview with a team of people. After that I was flown to Lexington for an all day (8 to 4) onsite interview with various managers.
It was tiring as I was shuttled between buildings and effectively had five interviews back to back plus lunch with some employees. I was treated well and overall it wasn't too bad an experience and I learned a lot about the company and the work.

Interview Question – Lots of general questions about C++ and how polymorphism/runtime binding is actually implemented. Asked basic question on how to multiply a number if the processor did not have multiplication hardware.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as the offer was fair

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details 1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.

Interview Question – It was based on graph traversal   Answer Question

Software Engineer QB2 Interview

Software Engineer QB2

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details I was a contract based employee and worked for 4 years in Lexmark. I was from Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt Ltd. Based on my performance for 4 years, they converted me to a full time employee. Thanks.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all.

Key Account Manager Interview

Key Account Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lexmark International in May 2010.

Interview Details get touched by head hunter, 1 turn interview with hiring manager, get offer very quickly.

Interview Question – it's ok for me to pass the interview.   Answer Question

Intermediate Software Engineer Interview

Intermediate Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Lexmark International in August 2010.

Interview Details Telephonic & Face to Face. It was really simple. Primarily they will ask & validate whether you understand basics of C, C++, OS etc. Basic knowledge of OOPS etc are generally asked for. The interview goes in a discussion mode rather than they through questions at you. Also expects to answer puzzles ( mathematical etc ).

Negotiation Details – Very simple. Generally they offer at per industry standards.

Student Firmware Engineer Interview

Student Firmware Engineer
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lexmark International in October 2013.

Interview Details Easy phone interview with several simple technical questions.

Interview Question – Describing a project I had worked on several years before at school.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Question – posed a technical unsolved problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.

Worked for Lexmark International? Contribute to the Community!