Lexmark International Interview Questions

Updated 16 Mar 2015

Human Factors Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)).

Interview

Initial interview was by telephone with the manager and one other individual. This was followed by an offer to be brought in for an on-site interview. The on-site consisted of a full day of interviews with multiple parties. I met with individuals throughout the day, from various teams and disciplines. Each was very cordial and we had good back and forth questions and dialog. A team lunch was also held, which was a good way to everyone to meet in a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a solution to a design problem.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lexmark International in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview with a manager about a week later. The interview was about 50-60% behavioral and 40-50% technical. With the behavioral questions, I felt like they were trying to get an idea of where you want to go with your career path. Some of the topics that were covered in the technical portion were object oriented programming, polymorphism, thread vs. process, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges facing software engineers today?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

1st round was a written exam based on OOP principles.
    2nd round was technical interview with local managers. It was also on OOP principles and some puzzles (they can also ask about your projects and how you did them). This is a pretty good interview and requires a little study and dedication.
    3rd round was technical interview with international manager. This round is more about a broader view and some general techniques that you have used in your written examination and how you could have improved it.
    4th round is HR round. This I felt was more of a formality and unless one does anything very offensive should not be a problem.

Software Engineer QB2 Interview

Interview

I was a contract based employee and worked for 4 years in Lexmark. I was from Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt Ltd. Based on my performance for 4 years, they converted me to a full time employee. Thanks.

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington, KY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Really a disappointing experience. After completing a ten-month internship in which my work was constantly praised, I was brought in for an interview (five months after applying for the job, by the way). The gentleman who interviewed me the first time kept constantly checking his watch, which was rude and distracting for me. Nevertheless, it led to a second interview that I was told went really well, even though I felt that the gentleman interviewing me spent more time applauding his own wisdom than asking about my specific qualifications. Anyway, I was given a tour of the building, benefits were discussed, and I was assured that I would be called about the position. For about a week thereafter, I was sent videos to watch and encouraged to do my own research to prepare me for the position...but the call never came and then a month passed.

I spent three weeks trying to follow up on the status of the position, only to find my emails ignored. When I tried to send a courteous email to a recruiter asking about the interview and inquiring for feedback, I received a blunt, automated response that didn't even attempt to address my questions. It would have been a lousy way to treat a customer; I was in disbelief that they would treat a former intern with such blatant disregard.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.

Student Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lexmark International (Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy phone interview with several simple technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describing a project I had worked on several years before at school.   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview

Received a lead from a friend and called HR direct. They responded to my inquiry in three days. I then proceeded to drive to Lexington and had an interview with the HR lead. That really was it. It's hard to fit in 50 words as this is the minimum.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their first offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One round of interview
    Basic C,C++ questions