Lexmark International

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Firmware Engineer Interview

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lexmark International in October 2013.

Interview Details Easy phone interview with several simple technical questions.

Interview Question – Describing a project I had worked on several years before at school.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details The interview process was very quick and all of the interviewers were very nice and professional. Questions were not exceptionally difficult and mostly focused on my prior programming experience.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over other qualified applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details fairly standard - contacted by recruiter, then phone interview with the manager, then called in for onsite interview with staff (whole day); process took 2 months. accepted offer.

Interview Question – posed a technical unsolved problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for 6% raise, settled for 3%.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in March 2009.

Interview Details two rounds of technical followed by an HR interview. But now there is a written test before that for some of the candidates.

Interview Question – Why you want to switch from a service company to a product company?   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details Received a lead from a friend and called HR direct. They responded to my inquiry in three days. I then proceeded to drive to Lexington and had an interview with the HR lead. That really was it. It's hard to fit in 50 words as this is the minimum.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted their first offer.

Firmware Engineering Co-op Interview

Firmware Engineering Co-op
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lexmark International in April 2011.

Interview Details The interview for this position was almost entirely behavioral, but with the opportunity to highlight your own technical talents if you were inclined to. The recruited at the College, requested online applications, only consisted of a phone interview.

Questions included:

What is your biggest technical achievement?
How do you do in your classes?

Interview Question – What was you biggest technical achievement?   Answer Question

Finance Business Analyst Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lexmark International in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied via a local job agency and was called up for an interview in a weekday afternoon. The interview was arranged in a video conference with the IT manager. He was a nice chap to talk to and after more than 1 hour of questioning, HR manager followed up after that. She said the interview process would be quck and revert within a week. However it took more than 2 weeks from them to inform the job agency I was not selected.

What a waste of time with these old timers!

Interview Question – No difficult question I can think of.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interview Details One round of interview
Basic C,C++ questions

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lexmark International.

Interview Details Recruiter call, manager interview, Senior management interview

Interview Question – Standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was over what requested.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

Interviewed at Lexmark International

Interview Details Best way to get interview is to know hiring manager or get your qualified resume to a hiring manager. Hiring manager can specifically request certain candidates.
HR uses Monster, CareerBulider, and other online search engines
HR conducts phone screen and determines whether candidate should be brought in for interview or phone interview by hiring manager.
On site interviews are scheduled as sequence of one-on-one interview 1 hour sessions usually min. of three up to six, rarely goes more than one day
Interviewers and escort fill out interviewer report forms along with recommendation.
HR conducts legal and policy review for compliance with requirements such as diversity goals
Hiring Managment chain makes final hiring decision

Interview Question – This is up to individual interviewer. I have not heard of any atypical questions being asked nor any deeply technical questions being asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Typical

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lexmark International

Worked for Lexmark International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lexmark International interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Lexmark International employees and interview candidates.