Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

it was easy you go online filled out the app took an assessment, a week later I got a phone interview, then moved on to face to face , interviewed with 3 managers, got hired, went through the background checks and got hired process took a month

Analyst Interview

Met at recruiting fair to fill one position. Once that was filled, I was connected to another practice area for an interview. Standard phone interview for the first round about experiences with data, problem solving, teamwork, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to solve a problem when you felt like there was a gap in available information?   Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interviewed over the phone. The nice thing about this is you are judged by your words and work history and not appearances. They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone. There was no negotiating. They go through different agencies and I found male co-workers who were unlicensed, with no degree or experience were being paid over two times the amount that I was getting. I am licensed with a degree and experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone.   Answer Question

Financial Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Submitted resume online through their website. A few days later a got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was easy. Basic questions such as why did you choose your major, a time you worked on a group project. Mostly the phone interview was to inform me about the internship. About a week later I received an email from HR and was asked to travel to Boston (set me up w/ flight and hotel) for an in person interview. I had 2 interviews, both 45 minutes. Less than a week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CFO tomorrow what would you do?
      A time you formed a relationship outside your usual work group
      A time you had to communicate effectively

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Underwriting Interview

Applied online through Liberty Mutual website. Received a call about two weeks later to tell me a little bit about the internship, what it entailed, and to answer any basic questions I had. Set up a date and time for a phone interview/screen. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Rapid fire with mostly all behavioral questions. Started off with asking where and whom I learned about the internship from and why exactly I was interested in interning with Liberty Mutual and why as an Underwriting Intern. Heard back from them less than 2 weeks later to set up an on-site interview. Stay tuned...

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Had better offer.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Pretty lengthy and involved hiring process. Upon application, you will have to do an online personality test and skills test. If you pass those, a recruiter will call and speak with you about the available positions and give you their view of what the job duties are. You will then be set up with an interview with the branch manager. Depending on your background, you may be required to do a marketing plan and present it at the second interview. He will determine if you move on to the final interview with the area manager. If the area manager gives the okay, you will most likely get a job offer call from the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, salaries are set per state guidelines.

Business Systems Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process took a while however the communication was good. I was able to work with the recruiter when ever I had questions. She was very helpful. The interview consisted of one 30 minute phone interview, an interview with a manager and then the manager who was hiring. The interviews with the managers were both one hour each. The questions were primarily behavior based (SAR).

Interview Questions
    • My interveiwer asked me what gives me the motivation to do work.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The position was already well out of my reach. I happily accepted.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Online Assessment, Phone interview by recruiter, in person interview with branch manager twice , in person interview with branch manager and area manager. Background check. Takes anywhere from 2-3 months for the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations since it is a salary+commission position

Intern Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins from a team member from analytics team in Boston. He was very nice and asked about regular statistical questions and some behavior questions. The whole process was smooth and I got an onsite interview after that.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Three months from application to actual interview. An email to set up a phone call, the phone call from the talent recruiter, the one on one. A lot of time in between everything which is odd if they really want to fill a position. The guy told me the job had been posted forever (evidently internally because I saw it on the day it was external)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Didn't even really seem like an interview.   Answer Question