Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

Initially contacted by a recruiter who knew very little about the actual job I was being recruited for. He was very friendly and helpful in getting me to the interview site and working with me on reimbursements. I had three half-hour interviews with engineers from the team I would be working with, and the topics were primarily behavioral. I got a tour of the facility before I left.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were normal behavioral/team values assessments, none were particularly unexpected.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation, as it was a standard internship.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2012.

I applied online and after a few weeks I was called and told I could be interviewed on Friday (it was Wednesday). They arranged for me to fly in to Philadelphia from Austin on company expense. It was very short notice but I decided to go since the position seemed interesting.

The interviews were very informal and consisted of two parts: a "technical" interview and an HR interview. The "technical" interview was just a tour of the facility with small talk. The interviewer showed me some wireless communications devices and was interested in if I could keep up with the conversations. He never asked "interview questions," but rather it was up to me to demonstrate some knowledge.

The second part was an interview with HR. The interview was very straightforward, following the STARS format (look this up). He simply asked questions such as "talk about a time when you encountered a problem, and describe how you solved it."

That was actually entire interview process. They then told me they would let me know if I got the position (unfortunately I didn't).

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any technical questions. I found that the most difficult question was something along the lines of "talk about a time when something bad happened as a result of miscommunication."   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2012.

Applied online through Lockheeds intern portal (submitted custom resume and cover letter tailored to the position). Received a call about 4 weeks later asking if I was still interested. I said "Yes!". The next week they flew me out to California and put me in a hotel for a night. The next morning, I went to the work site where everything was very organized and people were very friendly. I was first interviewed by two managers and asked strictly behavioral questions based on STAR format - lasted 40 minutes. I then I had another 40 minute interview of the same type, this time with just one person. Look through the questions on this site because they were all of that nature - nothing too tricky or technical.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were working on specific part of a project but were able to keep in mind the overall, broader goal of the project in order to foresee a broader problem with the project. (Basically, you are able to work narrowly but keep a broad perspective of how your work fits into an overall goal)   Answer Question
    No negotiating but the offer is pretty generous.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!