Lockheed Martin Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in June 2012.

Interview

Single interview (~30 minutes) with HR and technical lead, followed by referee check.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Melbourne) in April 2010.

Interview

There are two in the panel interview and they ask lots of questions and behavior questions based a prepared paper. I remember there are about 20 questions.
    Some like Java and JEE difference, next career goal, conflict handle, etc.

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied online via their website. I was contacted about 2 weeks later from a hiring manager for about a fifteen minute phone screen. I was notified on the phone that they were going to bring me in for an in person interview. I was contacted by HR confirming the interview time, and filled out an application to interview. Lockheed Martin does offer to pay for interview travel expenses if you are far enough from the facility (any more than a 45 minute drive or so should be paid for by the company). The interview was fairly standard, I met with a couple managers and an HR representative. Standard questions, mainly involving past experiences, and several questions highlighting leadership experiences. There were no technical questions per se, but there were high level questions about systems and MATLAB usage. It took about a month to hear back, but I was informed that I did not get the position. Lockheed was very professional throughout the process and were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, in a leadership position, someone was having trouble meeting deadlines and what you did to accomplish the task.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Vienna, VA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a month from the time I submitted my application to the time I was contacted about getting an interview, and from there, the process took one week from the interview to receive an offer. The interview was surprisingly easy. I was expecting for them to drill me with technical questions, but all the questions were focused on soft skills. At the end, I joked about it saying, "I'm relieved, I thought you were going to ask me about technical stuff." The guy who interviewed me responded by saying that the reason I was even in the room was because they thought that I was solid on the technical side. Thus, the questions were typical of every interview that I have had so far. They asked about challenges that I had to overcome, about leadership positions that I have taken over my academic career, about the internships on my resume and what skills I learned from them, etc. I would say that I am comfortable talking about these things in an interview, so the interview for me was pretty easy. The sad thing was that the offer that they ultimately extended me was incredibly low. Not only was it 8-10k below the national average for this position, but the job was located in Washington, D.C. I told my recruiter that this number undervalued my skills in the current market, especially in an incredibly expensive city, and I countered with what I found to be the national average (salary.com had it at around 66k) or the option to obtain this offer for a cheaper city. They declined the counter and I subsequently declined the original offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview. Mostly Personality based and what you know. Not very technical. Sat down with several members and discussed the various positions offered. Were able to answer all of my questions clearly and were very approachable.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you've been a part of?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long HR briefing, three separate interviews, one of which was technical. The other two were more behavioral in nature, i.e. what my ideal job was, how I problem solve and interact with other people.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied in November for a summer internship. In February I was invited to an on site interview by email, they covered all expenses. I interviewed with two people for about an hour. It was very relaxed; we talked about school, everything on my resume, projects outside of school, and the position. They got back to me very quickly.

CWEP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Face to Face interview. There is no phone interview. The first interview is face to face at the company. You are contacted by the Career Services Representative from your school and he/she provides you the details for your interview. You check in and then someone from the team comes to get your and takes you into the building. There, I was interviewed by 3 managers at the same time and they asked basic interview questions. They look to see if the students is analytical and if they are proficient with various Microsoft Office tools and databases such as SAP.

Aeronautical Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Provided travel accommodations for my on-site interview. Actual interview was very relaxed and positive. They asked about things on my resume, challenges I'd faced in my previous work, and spent the rest of the time getting to know me. They made sure I understood what it would be like to relocate and gave me plenty of time to ask questions. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult challenge you've faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Ocala, FL (US)).

Interview

I study mechanical engineering and have 3 good summer internships (not in defense industry) ive always wanted to work for lockheed martin so i put almost all of my effort in to applying there. I got a call probably 2 months after my application was in (I applied early) to see if i was interested in going to the facility for a tour/interview and for me to give a quick explanation of my resume. They paid for my expenses and hotel.

The interview day was long (~8am-1pm) but i was the only one that day. I toured many different parts of the facility that were followed by interviews that were conducted by the manager(s) of that particular area. They use the STAR method so study up on that and always use relevant examples, some tricky questions but just show how much you want the job and why youre qualified.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question - If the person who hated you the most was sitting next to me, what would they say about you?   1 Answer