Los Angeles USD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior BSA Interview

Senior BSA
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in April 2014.

Interview Details I had one telephonic and one in person interview. Lots of situation based questions were asked and some on SQL to test my technical skills. I got the offer next day after the interview.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were predictable   Answer Question

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Adult Education Teacher
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details I got this job by fluke. I applied as an adult ed sub. Called in one night to sub. I asked the administrator du jour to model instruction. She did, and asked if I could handle it. I said I did, and I did. I got the job permanently a few weeks later and never looked back until the recent job cuts have affected my pay and job security..

Negotiation Details – UTLA, the union, and the District, per collective bargaining agreement,

Playground Worker Interview

Playground Worker
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.

Interview Details Called a week ahead of interview day, two total interviews, take high school diploma, got asked questions, spent a month waiting on getting fingerprint scanned

Interview Question – What do you know about this program?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

English Teacher

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Question – How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Teacher Assistant
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in January 2011.

Interview Details I was hired by David Briones who was a former teacher when I attended school there. The hiring process was very informal because of our relationship. I took the district exam, passed both tests with 100% and was eligible to work for any LAUSD school. I went to work for O'Melveny Elementary.

Negotiation Details – None

High School Teacher Interview

High School Teacher

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details its was simple as far as meeting with the district to get fingerprinted, and processed. The interview comes from the school site

Interview Question – basic interview questions regarding situational workplace questions   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

ESL Teacher
South Gate, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in March 2010.

Interview Details Although being an internal candidate it took awhile to get an interview due to the amount of candidates applying for positions. However, when contacted it was everything went smoothly. The interviewers were the assistant principal of another location, then after clearing that level the final interview was held by the sites principal and assistant principal.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was during processing and as an exempt rookie there were no perks offered.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Substitute Teacher
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Question – It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. It is what it is.

High School Teacher Interview

High School Teacher
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview Details I was hired at the school and told to go downtown to process the paperwork. After an hour drive in traffic I was told that the person I had an appointment with had gone for a root canal and would be back in 3 hours. I asked if there was someone else who could process my paperwork and the backup person told me that I couldn't be hired at that school because I am white and their numbers were out of compliance. I waited for the original person and he used a different calculator, so the numbers came out OK!

Interview Question – How do you control difficult students?   View Answer

Special Education Assistant Interview

Special Education Assistant
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in June 2013.

Interview Details Nothing much to it but applying, having minimum courses in child development, and passing a test which is easy.

Interview Question – No interview for the most part.   Answer Question

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!