Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,509 Interview Reviews

2.6

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Took a little over a week to get called for an interview. Was a two person interview with HR Manager and assistant manager. They took turns asking about eight situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.   Answer Question

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's (Wilkesboro, NC (US)).

Interview

standard scripted questions, what are you strengths, you weaknesses, when did your decision go against what the team wanted and how did you handle it. Why do you want to leave your current position.

Interview Questions

• Odd question that was asked: why is a manhole round?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Its a two part interview with the HR manager and the manager you would be working under. They ask a serious of questions based on past work or life experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to go above and beyond for someone   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Boone, NC (US)).

Interview

Very easy, questions about yourself, what would you do in said type of situations, how you are with customers, about customer service, why would you like to work at lowes, what is your past expierence

Interview Questions

• What would you do if this customer needed this, how would you help them   Answer Question

IT Talent Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

First round skype interview. Did not enjoy the experience at all because all questions were hypothetical behavioral questions that were hard to relay over the computer. Interviewer seemed to have scheduled the interview during they middle of the work day and they were not an actual recruiter so questions were read straight from a list and answers written down immediately. Only asked one technical question for what was suppose to be a technical role.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to make a difficult decisions about a fellow group and confront them head on?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Plumbing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

the interview is pretty straight forward. company wants to hear you push there credit cards, psi and pse programs. But they have different questions depending on what position it is that youare applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   1 Answer

Seasonal Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I applied for seasonal because it's easyer to get hired. And once I start working there I will switch positions.

The manager will ask you questions about situations you've been in and how you would solve them... it's very easy as long as you had a experience like it. Then right you finish the interview you take your drug test.

Interview Questions

• if you see a customer looking for something in a department your not working in   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

For my interview, I met one on one with the Human Resources manager. After meeting with her, I then briefly met with one of assistant managers. Pretty simple interview. Asked a lot of senerio questions about past jobs and experiences. I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you tried something that at first didn't work and what did you do to correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I was told it was based off of expirence. Was offered a good starting hourly wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day to set up an interview for the following Monday. Interview was behavioral interview questions, they were pretty straight forward. The interviewer would let you skip a question and come back to it last, which was different for me. A few days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job pending a background check and a drug test. Took about two weeks total before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a team to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lowe's (Sarasota, FL (US)).

Interview

Very easy process. They have to go off of a pre-determined form that lists the questions. There is little wiggle room and most of the questions are "tell me about a time..". Not very HR specific at all. It was a an initial phone screen by the Area HR Manager and then a group interview with the area HR and the store manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay well below national average for this position