Lowe's

749 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details Applied then received email the following day. Within a week I was scheduled an appointment but when I went the manager wasn't there due to personal reasons. So it was rescheduled and we did an over the phone interview and about a week later I received an email stating they were proceeding with other candidates at this time.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to compromise with another team member to get something done?   Answer Question

Department Manager Lowes Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details Starts with the call from a recruiter and short interview with that person. After this was put in contact with the store at which the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – I don't feel that there was any difficulty or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Visual Space Planner Interview

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details I interviewed but then the position got put on hold, and the process started over again 6 months later once the headcount got approved. I interviewed with 4 different people from the department, plus HR.

Negotiation Details – I asked for additional vacation, and it was denied. No negotiations on vacation.

Receiving/Stocker Interview

Wetumpka, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details Company scheduled interview based on application filed on their website.
I arrived at the appointed site, 15-20 minutes EARLY, for the interview and was given a two page written job description I was interviewed by a supervisor and an assistant manager.

Interview Question – A number of the questions were unrelated to the job as described on their documentation, or my work experience as stated on the job app.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Minimum wage position

CSA Interview

Interviewed at Lowe's

Interview Details Part-time, no bonuses. Basically they want to make sure you work hard and can keep your cool under stressful situations. Also, that you are not a criminal or plan to steal.

Interview Question – Gave me a scenario, then asked what an ethical solution would be.   Answer Question

Unload Associate Interview

Woodhaven, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in February 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews total.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Lowe's?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hours, days I could or couldn't work. Pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Head Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details They do a standardized interview with general questions. Generally there are multiple people who do interviews in sections. They are all "give me a time when..." questions and you can pretty much make something up for every question.

Interview Question – As I've stated before it was all asking to give a time when something happened and how you responded. One example could be "Give me a time when you went out of your way to help a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Pay is calculated from experience. The HR will input your years of experience in the computer and it will give you the recommended pay. There is really no wavering from what the computer says.

Inside/Outside Lawn and Garden (Seasonal) Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details Found an ad on snagajob that Lowe's was hiring seasonal part-time employees, so I applied. Got a call the very next day from HR to set up a day to interview, which was the same day she called. Got there, waited in the back (apparently during a group of employees' breaks) for about 20-25 minutes, just to sit in a room for another 10 minutes and sign a paper regarding the duties expected of me. HR lady said they were incredibly hectic that day, overall my experience was just really slow when it came to actually getting to the store and starting the process. never received a call back.

Interview Question – "You're going to bed, when you realize earlier today you sold a deck-spray paint that will tear all the coating off of the customer's deck. What do you do?"   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anderson, IN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details This was your typical interview that you could expect for a cashier position. I went through three separate interviews, one with the HR representative, one with the assistant manager, and a final one with the General manager. After the final interview I was offered a job on the spot. I then went over information on the job and pay and was given a mouth swab drug test.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice. All 749 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.