Lowe's Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
1,302 Interview Reviews

2.6

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lowe's.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews (was even brought on-site) over the course of 2 months.

Here are my overall thoughts about the company and team interview:

- Company seems like a good place to work (just a little old school).

- The Mooresville campus is gorgeous.

- Heard a lot of "drinking the kool-aid" comments which can be both good or bad.

- The team I interviewed with seemed to be focused more on theories rather than every day practical applications.

- Some of the people interviewing had far less experience and it was obvious when I asked them questions about their jobs/experience.

- The job description was more of a training role rather than ID (they outsource their eLearning development FYI).

- The recruiter was more interested in his phone than me when he was giving me a "tour."

Just make sure you do your homework and ask a TON of questions because some things get lost in translation. It's a decent place to work, just not for me.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Went in for the interview and was offered the job on the spot. Waited for drug test and background to clear then I was good to go. Computer generated my compensation but it was pretty fair.

Computer generates wage.

Field Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

I applied online after a college career fair. Got an email for a phone interview 3 wees after. I had the interview, and a week later I got an email saying they weren't interested.

Any Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's.

It doesn't matter what you are applying for. They use situational based interview questions and their interview guides are graded accordingly. They use a 1-5 rating for each question. What they are looking for is for you to 1) describe the situation, based on the question they ask you. 2) Describe positive/good behaviors you displayed in your example. 3) Explain in detail the outcome- Always end on a positive.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you use the 3 things from above- SITUATION-BEHAVIOR-OUTCOME   View Answer
    Not happening- Pay based on experience. Best thing you can do is make sure you list all experience during your application. They use software to determine salary and it is based on your resume/application.

Customer Service Associate Interview

It`s the usual Lowes interview with trying to recall a time you went out of your way at a previous job and what was the result? A few days after interview I got called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All Lowes interviews are the same.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Lowe's.

Received phone call to come in for a interview the next next day. I had a face to face interview with the Human resources manager and ast. Manager at same time they took turns asking questions from the paper. Still waiting to hear back. I interviewed for two positions flooring sales specialist and pro sales specialist.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are basic star format questions. Was also asked to role play and sell them a item from the store.   Answer Question
    I asked for a $1.00 more and got .76 more.

Csa Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

(Brand new Lowe's that hasn't even opened yet) Online application Sunday night, call back Monday morning for interview Thursday morning.

Asked 6 questions by Melissa which were the easy questions you see on here. Then I moved to Niko for him to ask me 6 different questions. His were still easy basic interview questions. First he asked me if I was nervous and I said no that I was super excited. His last question was why I wanted to work for Lowe's and I said since it was a brand new store I was excited to shape the atmosphere and leave a good lasting impression on the first customers so they would come back.

They said they were finishing interviews that week and making decisions the next week so they would let me know yay or nay by the end of that decision week. On Tuesday and Wednesday (early in the decision week) I received calls but didn't answer and I was afraid that not answering would make them give the job to someone else but when I called back Thursday morning they offered me the job. They asked me to come in that next Monday for a drug test and some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Lowe's?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to sell something?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were unclear on directions given to you and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you gave a customer false information and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    "We would like to offer you the part time position at a pay rate of $10.42" I gladly accepted without negotiating because I'd been making $9/hour (minimum where I live) for the past year so this was an awesome starting pay.

Customer Service Associate II - Tools/Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forsyth, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forsyth, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

I applied on the 19th of September and was called in for an interview 12 days later. We scheduled my interview for 5 days later (the earliest time they had available). When I arrived I was asked to wait a few moments while the interviewer finished an email. She then called me back and had me sign a form with the job description--written acknowledgement that I can preform the tasks being asked of the job. She then started asking/telling the basic questions/job requirements before starting the actual interview. She had half of the questions and then another interviewer took on the other half of the Interview. I was called back in for a job offer 7 days later to which I had to preform an oral drug test that was sent via FedEx the same day, sign paperwork allowing for the drug test to be done, as well as sign a document accepting the job offer. I also met with my department supervisor. So overall the whole process took a little less than a month (24 days).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to step away from your current task in order to help a coworker. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to help a customer and realize that you couldn't do what you had promised the customer.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for lowes?   Answer Question

Full Time Plumbing Department Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

Application began with online 30 min survey of situational questions. In store interview was scheduled 1 week later. Met with HR person (20-30min). She asked a number of situational questions. Then I was handed off to another manager who continued the interview (20-30min). 90% of interview was situational questions (possibly 10 questions). You should have examples of scenarios.

For me, the process was intended to get some practice with in-person interviews. I definitely need more practice!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Lowes? What qualities would you consider important for working at Lowes? Give example of a time when you failed to complete a task, and how you responded. Give example of when you had to work in a team, and how did you work together to complete task. Give an example of conflict with another coworker, and how you responded. Give an example of when you did not understand instructions given by supervisor, and how you dealt with this. Give an example of your worst mistake at work, and how you resolved the situation. etc....   View Answer

Plumbing Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Lowe's in October 2014.

I had two interviews, one with the HR person and a second immediately following with an assistant store manager. The first interview consisted of 5 behavior based questions and the second had 8 similar questions. I was much more "seasoned" than either interviewer and both seemed a little nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when a mistake happened that was your fault an d what you did about it.   View Answer