Macy's Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
3,219 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy, with no out of the ordinary occurrences. Even was hired the same day as my interview.The manager who hired me turned out to be a great manager, one of the few. Applying for employment at this particular location is not something to fear as the entire process is rather simple.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Riverside, CA (US)).

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace. I think she looked at my previous experience and thought I would be a good candidate. I still have to interview with the brand although she gave me to brand options. From there I am supposed to interview with the talent plus?

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How do you feel about touching peoples faces?
      How would you sell me a Macys credit card?
      How would you make customers come back to you?
      How would you sell a specific product to me and have it in my basket to take home?

Answer Question

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Macy's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through my university career website. Initial interview with HR - very easy, straight forward questions about previous experience and some behavioral. Second interview with director of the department. More difficult behavioral questions but nothing crazy. Nice conversations - very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in large groups, small groups, or individually?   Answer Question

Received a better offer from another company. This internship was too short - 8 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Annapolis, MD (US)).

Interview

It was basic, asked question; why do you want to work here, what can you bring, tell me about yourself. Hired on spot. it was pretty quick and steady. I really enjoy working here. It gets busy but its for the money

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

not negotiable

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (Garden City, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial interview with HR then they set up an apt for you to meet the supervisor for whichever department they see you in so express interest in a certain department during your first meeting. Cover all your tattoos up! Training was a couple of days of this online program.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose to be any kind of animal, which kind would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't settle for minimum wage if you have some college credits under your belt.

Executive Development Program Interview

Interview

First completed an application online. About a month after submitting application received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. Completed phone interview and a week later did a video chat interview. From there was selected to interview in Miami during 2 day process. There were several components to interview including round robin report reading with other candidates and one on ones with several executives.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Call you in and you usually meet with department manager. They ask you random questions. They tell you more about the position. It was pretty easy for the most part

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Management Interview

Interview

I applied through the university website, took them about few days to process, and I had my first interview on campus with Human resources managers. The interview took about 1 hour.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very friendly however she kind of talked to me like I was a child even when I was serious(I'm 18). The interview consisted of her reading off of a paper that told you to give them scenarios of past experiences you've had. The only problem was my schedule. I am a student so it limited my flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you and your coworkers worked together and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was very nice and just asked basic questions. Like Why Macy's? How would you accomplish your sales goal for every shift? Name a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Majority of the time Macy's will hire someone with little or no experience. Going into this I only had two months of legitimate job experience. It really is all about how you answer each question. Overall, it wasn't a hard interview and I was hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.