Macy's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.2

832 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

The interview was very simple; questions like have you worked in a team before, explain how you would initiate a sale and how would you end the sale, as well as the usual why you're choosing Macy's. The interviewer was really nice and talked a lot, which made me more comfortable. Also, there is a lot of emphasis on selling credit, so be prepared for that!

Interview Questions
I wasn't able to negotiate, but I wasn't too too pleased with the starting offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's.

Applied online was called to come in for an interview. At the interview I was asked basic questions they just went through my resume and asked about my past experience in retail. She wanted to know how I would handle certain situations. I was asked how I feel about talking to customers and what my availability looked like.

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

I filled an application out online. I received an email a few days later in which a link was supplied to schedule an in person interview the following week. I arrived 15 minutes early and only waited about 5 minutes before I was called in. The interviewer was very friendly and the questions were pretty much expected.

Interview Questions
    • Why Macy's?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to sell a product. How you went about it, how it was received, what the results were.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something wrong or against policy. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Seasonal position, minimum wage was offered.

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

Online apps only, a phone interview,then a F2F interview. If you are accepted, they will then perform a background check. Training is 2 days for seasonal employees and 2 weeks for Full/Part Time. Full/Part Time employees received department training as seasonal do not. Welcome to Macy's.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond your job to please a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Sales Associate Interview

simple not hard but i don't recommend it. it is horrible. people are not friendly well may be customers are but definitely not the employees.. i disliked this job as much as i disliked the people who i used to work wit.

cause retail is not my thing

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Macy's.

It was one-on-one and she started off by telling me about herself, and after that we proceeded to the actual interview. She was reading a document that had all the questions she was going to ask me and she took note oft answers and my behavior. One of the questions that they really pay attention to was your answer to "How would you sell a Macy's credit card?". To admit it was really nerve wreaking because just the thought of having an interview for a really big company was making me nervous and I tried really hard to not let it show. So as the interview happened I slowly started to relax and gain confidence. She loved my bubbly personality although she didn't have a spot for me at her department so she introduced me to the merchandising manager. The merch. Manager asked me questions like how would i feel on working early mornings and my availability. I was hired right on the spot

There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I waited about 30 min for the hiring manager to collect me from the waiting room, then we went to an office and the first thing she asked was about my availability. I told her only evenings on weeknights and anytime weekends, and she proceeded to tell me that their busy hours are from noon-3 and my availability would not work for that, so the interview was over and I left. I'm not sure why they didn't check what I put on my application before offering me an interview, but it was just a waste of time!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

Did the application online and got an email the next day to set up an interview. All communication is done through email. You select your interview online through a site they send you. My interview was about five days away from when I got the email. I got to the interview early and started early. I was asked general questions about a time I had to report a problem with someone stealing, how I would sell a pair of jeans to someone, how I would get someone to apply for the Macy's card, just general sales questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's in September 2014.

I applied online via their job portal. Within a few days i received an email telling me to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the interview a few days later. I met with one of the store managers and she asked me a series of questions, mainly about my experience in different situations. She was impressed that i knew all about their Macy's credit card which she will ask about. The questions were rather unexpected so i would study up and make sure you know which situations you want to reflect on during the interview. She was ready to offer me a job but the availability wasn't available due to the holiday. Two days later i got an email telling me i wasn't selected due to my availability because i'm in school.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were on a team and explain your role as well as its outcome.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!