Magellan Health

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Magellan Health.

Interview Details I had one interview and it was very detailed. They ask questions to see what you would do in certain scenarios, get a feel if you are a team player or not, and also put you on the spot. Come prepared and confident. Keep in mind they want someone with a positive attitude, who will work hard, and definitely they need a TEAM player.

Interview Question – A question about to how handle a conflict within a team   Answer Question

Military Family Life Counselor Interview

Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Magellan Health in September 2012.

Interview Details Application is online at magellanmflc.org. Interview was by telephone.

Interview Question – I was asked if I am comfortable working solo assignments.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, this is a DoD contract, and there is was no opportunity to negotiate. These jobs are only offered to licensed clinicians with two years post-licensure experience.

Corporate Development Intern Interview

I interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, first interview was over the phone. Took about 45 minutes, they did a great job explaining who they are and what they do and asked basic interview questions about my resume. Final round was three interviews with upper management.

Interview Question – Nothing over the top in terms of difficulty. "Give an example of a time where you had to overcome a problem or issue."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Magellan Health in March 2013.

Interview Details Good long interview, normal amount of paperwork and items to complete pre-employment.

Interview Question – Standard, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just tell you the salary and ask you if you accept.

Support Specialist I Interview

Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in May 2010.

Interview Details the interview was the supervisor of the department at the time that I was hired. He was very kind, a good listener, patient and very friendly.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions was: "Where do you see yourself 5 years from today?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation just that the salary was very good for an entry level position.

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Service Center Coordinator Interview

Maryland Heights, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Magellan Health in January 2013.

Interview Details I was interviewed by the manager with the main team member I would be working with present. The interview was conversational yet professional. The manager was prepared with my resume and questions ready.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was talking about myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i took the position as a temporary employee. The salary was negotiated by the temp agency.

Care Manager Interview

Care Manager
Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Magellan Health in April 2010.

Interview Details I had to work overnight shift to get full-time day job.

Interview Question – What was my worst fault and what am I doing about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Magellan Health in December 2013.

Interview Details Communication clear and timely

Interview Question – All expected industry specific / job specific questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

SENIOR CARE MANAGER Interview

Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Magellan Health in August 2012.

Interview Details You have to complete a pre-interview process with HR, and then one has a team interview with several supervisors

Interview Question – Name at least three modern antipsychotics or antipsychotic injectables for the treatment of schizophrenia.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered the job and I accepeted the very fair salary o the spot. I was hired 3 days after my interview and started 2 weeks later

Compliance Officer Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Magellan Health in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied online after seeing the advt on a health professional website. After that I received a call from a company secretary to set up a telephone interview (with the corporate supervisor of the potential position and another compliance officer from another regional office) which went well (though there was problem with the phone and I had to switch for better audibility) and there was even some negotiation of salary because of which I felt optimistic about possibly getting this job. Then an in person interview was scheduled within a week of the tel interview. In person interview was with a panel of 3 (1 from corporate office, the corporate supervisor of the potential position), another the compliance officer from another office and the third the local manager of the office. THe interview lasted 30-40 minutes. Questions ranged from prior job experiences, culling job relevant experience from those, to some questions testing interviewee's familiarity with the regulatory government agency's current head (which I did not expect, though I had prepared for the interview). One uncomfortable comment was the corporate supervisor noting my not being in my last job for the last couple of months which I thought may have affected their perception of my strength as a job candidate. The local manager asked some questions one of which was what 3 of my strengths were that I would bring to the job. As I left, I also sensed the local manager was not interested in hiring me. I had also seen the names of some other interviewees as I waited (from the sign in sheet). Later I checked who they were and what their backgrounds were and saw one of them had been working in a related position at another organization and guessed that person may get hired over me though my background was better.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Q: name of the current head of the regulatory govt agency.   View Answer
  • Types of fraud customers would engage in   View Answer
Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magellan Health interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Magellan Health employees and interview candidates.