Marathon Oil

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adv Facilities Specialist Interview

Dickinson, ND (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Marathon Oil in August 2011.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview from a very nice, knowledgable, & persuasive HR Manager (who since left the Company & was replaced by a winch). She talked to me for a good 1/2 hour & informed me that she will be making a decision based off this first phone interview as to whether or not I will receive another phone interview from who would ultimately be my Supervisor. I received another phone interview several days later from my future Supervisor which lasted one full hour, this was a very thorough interview. Approximately 2 weeks later they invited me (flew me) out to ND for an in-person & group panel interview. I felt comfortable, the people were nice, & the interview questions were actually very laid back. The environment was professional & I was excited to work for this Company. I sent them a followup letter stating my desire to work for them 3 business days after this interview. Seven business days later (which felt like an eternity), I recieved a phone call from my Supervisor offering me the position. Upon accepting, I was put through a rigorous background check, physical fitness examination, drug screen, etc. and 4 weeks later I was finally onboarded.

Interview Question – Have you ever been involved in a situation where a contractor's employee was not adhering to safety procedures & if so, how did you handle this issue/confrontation. What was the end result? Did you ever work with an employee who was difficult to get along with and how did you handle it? They really didn't throw any curve ball/difficult interview questions my way, the questions were fairly basic/standard knowledge type inquiries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate any terms; however, I believe if you are strongly qualified & have credentials you are in the drivers seat to negotiate because they are paying top dollar for consultants (doing the same work while NOT conforming to Company policies) who are very sub-par in my opinion.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Marathon Oil? Contribute to the Community!

Marathon Oil Videos

Marathon Oil – Why Work for Us?

At Marathon Oil, we look for motivated, team-oriented people with high integrity who thrive in a challenging work environment where they can make a direct impact right away. We realize that you will only be satisfied… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marathon Oil interview questions and advice in Dickinson, ND. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Marathon Oil employees and interview candidates.