Marcus & Millichap

76 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Marcus & Millichap

Interview Details Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Nice people very chill interview. Submitted my resume and they called the same day.

Interview Question – There was nothing to out of the ordinary. I think the most important thing is that they have a feel for how serious you are about working in the industry.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Phone with Regional Operations Manager (10 mins) and scheduled physical for next day. Physical with Regional Manager (1.5 hours) and had Phone with Corporate Operations Manager same afternoon (2 hours). Took online skills assessment next day, which was more personality/behavioral (3+ hours). Then they stopped communicating with me cold after that.

Interview Question – Pretty standard and honest with their expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2013.

Interview Details Got the call from the team after sending out a few feelers myself to the company. Got a ping back and eventually got the call. Got called in for an in-person. Met with the team lead then the VP of the group. Talked shop for a bit. Great feel. Job was to pretty much support and do research for the brokers.

Interview Question – What do you see in our company?   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Sales Agent Interview

Interviewed at Marcus & Millichap

Interview Details The guy who interviewed me was an absolute jerk. Started doodling while I was talking to him. Acted condescending and seemed very unprepared. Made the company seem very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for real estate sales? (was literally the only question asked. he decided he'd rather sit there and have me ask questions the entire time than prepare questions he wanted to ask me)   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Broker Interview

Associate Broker

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Expect to meet 5-7 times for interviews. Interview questions are fairly standard. Just be tough. Everyone in the industry can see and hear fear from across the room so just act as if. You are their because you know the turnover rate is high and that is what you find most appealing about the position.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straight forward. Don't be like those people rehearse your answers OR you will get thrown some weird questions bcause again, they saw fear and they are going to get amusement out of it. Answer straight up.... "Why do you want to work here.?" Because I want to make a ton of money and I need you to teach me how to do that. When can i start? Boom. Be tough and don't rehearse your answers. That is for wimps.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – work on a team, work solo, intern. or we like to refer to it as.. Are you a eagle or A chicken? or do you want to work for both eagles and chickens?
Eagles fly alone for the most part, chickens are in groups,

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in June 2010.

Interview Details The agent you would work for. What's your background

SIP Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Interviewed with one senior broker who would be mentoring me and supervising me. Next interview was with second senior broker who would also be mentoring me. Third interview met with regional manager. Senior brokers selected who to hire but regional manager had to approve of choice in final interview. There was also a personality trait test ("NEO") and a Microsoft Excel test.

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff, i.e. How do you compute a CAP Rate? Why do you want to work in real estate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "You can have the job if you can start next Monday."

Sales Intern Position Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in November 2013.

Interview Details They seem to hire a group of young adults, with little to no experience in sales and real estate. You meet with Jeff and speak to him about why you are interested, why you would be a good fit, etc. and he speaks to you about why Marcus is a good company. The interview is more of a conversation to make sure you are personable and willing to work. After, they forward you to one of the brokers who you will be working under if hired. He or she goes through the same process. Essentially, they are just trying to get to know you, it is a very casual interview, or at least mine was. After speaking with the broker you will be sent an online test to test your personality and knowledge of the sales industry.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected, pretty straightforward process.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company is entirely commision based and as a recent college graduate I need an income. On average, you do not make your first sale until a year or two after starting the job.

Associate Interview

Associate
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in December 2009.

Interview Details phone interview with sales manager, brought in for in person interview with senior agents and sales manager, then they make a decision on the spot on whether to bring you on board or not.

Interview Question – Describe a time you experienced rejection and how to overcame it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marcus & Millichap

Worked for Marcus & Millichap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marcus & Millichap interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Marcus & Millichap employees and interview candidates.