Marcus & Millichap

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in May 2014.

Interview Details Resume screening straight to in-person interview. Didn't have a phone interview. Questions only on very basic real estate knowledge and more on attitude/career goals. Had to take an excel test later but it was very basic, no real estate related formulas or anything. Skills for the job were described as easily learned and they didn't seem too fixed on any particular skill set coming in.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just basic (biggest strength/weakness type stuff).   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Broker Interview

Associate Broker
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in February 2012.

Interview Details Multiple interviews with very intelligent managers asking what I can offer and what I am going to bring to the table. They expect a lot so bring your "A" game, take ownership of the position, lock in, and commit to viewing this incredible opportunity as a graduate degree/program in commercial real estate. These guys really are the best and brightest in the business.

Interview Question – So why you and not the other 50 people that applied here?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in August 2010.

Interview Details Meet with the Regional Manager, meet some people, get hired. I was hired in about 30 minutes, almost like they were selling me on the company. There are a lot of great people who work there, but the majority are stuck and end up moving on to something that they feel is more stable.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to get into real estate.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in January 2010.

Interview Details Pretty easy interview process. Talked about your resume, and asked basic questions about previous work experiences. Manager had an elitist attitude, making you think you were inferior and would learn alot from him. However in reality, I found out later that I was making more than him in my previouw job. Anyway, also took a personality test. Then got a phone call that was hired.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Either you take it or leave it. Your choice.

Very Easy Interview

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Commercial Real Estate Broker
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in May 2014.

Interview Details It was extremely easy. I applied online. The first interview was a phone call to see how interested you were in real estate. The next interview was in person with the office manager. The third interview was with the regional manager. 4th interview was to tell me they wanted to hire me.

Interview Question – None. Was a casual conversation to make sure you are interested in real estate and that you are okay working on commission only.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Ames, IA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Typical sales job by the District Manager, smoozing the agent, with no detail and then hit them with reality after they've moved your license over. There were details of my job that were not in the employment contract. This caused friction for the next year and half and never got resolved.

Interview Question – None really, except how much did you make at your highest point   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Back and forth for a week.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Marcus & Millichap

Interview Details Very Straight forward. Found opportunity online, sent in resume, interview set up the following week. Received word 1 business day later

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Assistant
West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Nice people very chill interview. Submitted my resume and they called the same day.

Interview Question – There was nothing to out of the ordinary. I think the most important thing is that they have a feel for how serious you are about working in the industry.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview Details Phone with Regional Operations Manager (10 mins) and scheduled physical for next day. Physical with Regional Manager (1.5 hours) and had Phone with Corporate Operations Manager same afternoon (2 hours). Took online skills assessment next day, which was more personality/behavioral (3+ hours). Then they stopped communicating with me cold after that.

Interview Question – Pretty standard and honest with their expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marcus & Millichap in July 2013.

Interview Details Got the call from the team after sending out a few feelers myself to the company. Got a ping back and eventually got the call. Got called in for an in-person. Met with the team lead then the VP of the group. Talked shop for a bit. Great feel. Job was to pretty much support and do research for the brokers.

Interview Question – What do you see in our company?   Answer Question

Worked for Marcus & Millichap? Contribute to the Community!