Marriott

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview was quick. Applied and heard back within a week. The questions were not difficult. It was my first job out of college. The only difficult question was the one below. I'd never had any experience with problem resolution as it relates to customer service experiences, so I was caught off guard. Essential, because as a front desk associate, this can make or break you.

Interview Question – What would you do if a guests stay was not up to their expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Accepted the base pay.

Midland, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied in the hotel. Their ops manager called twenty minutes after I left and asked me to come in for an interview an hour later. I interviewed one on one with her for only 5 minutes before she hired me?

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate guest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, they offered me ten dollars an hour and I accepted

Copley, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Question – If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in positions in housekeeping?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Question – I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in October 2011.

Interview Details I went through three different interviews

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in September 2013.

Interview Details Just because of my experience in a 5 star hotel and sound knowledge, i got selected in second round for the post.

Interview Question – My company's revenue figures.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in November 2010.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews. Questions where detailed and numerous. All the people that I met during the interview process where very nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – What was one of my biggest problems with my current management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base hourly pay for my job postion

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

Interview Details At first I was interviewed by telephone and then in two days there was a real interview with Assistant of FO Manager and a girl from HR department. Million of behavior questions for which I was prepared thanks to this site :) The day before I had remembered some proper situations from my previous work experience, so it was not a problem.

Interview Questions

• The question about my usual working day seemed a little bit strange whilst an interview for this position.   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose Marriott, what do you know about the hotel and the company?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2012.

Interview Details Walked into a local Marriott and lo and behold the GM was at Front Desk. He gave me app and we conversed briefly. Returned app. Made follow-up call. GM called a week or 2 later and asked me to come fill out tax paperwork. There the GM got more in-depth with our conversation (interview) but it was pleasant and informative for us both for sure.

Interview Question – Interview was very conversational. Felt like I was talking to a friend but I know he was scoping and analyzing my responses. Nothing difficult asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Was told what I'd make and when and how I can increase it.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!