Marriott Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Marriott in October 2010.

I went in for a housekeeping interview,and instead of getting the housekeeping position I got the front desk associate position. I really enjoy eyed the job while I was there

Interview Questions
  • Would you like to work as a front desk associate ?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott.

I was requested to interview for the Boulder Courtyard last week. The hotel, upon entering, was welcoming but did not have a traditional front desk and made me apprehensive about where to go.

The staff seemed friendly, it took approximately fifteen minutes for my interviewer to finally see me, and the staff griped about a certain component of the job.

As it turns out this hotel asks that the front desk agents also train in the bistro.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in cross-training for the bistro, as would be required for the position. Also, the position salary started lower than my current income.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in December 2011.

Interview was quick. Applied and heard back within a week. The questions were not difficult. It was my first job out of college. The only difficult question was the one below. I'd never had any experience with problem resolution as it relates to customer service experiences, so I was caught off guard. Essential, because as a front desk associate, this can make or break you.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guests stay was not up to their expectations?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Accepted the base pay.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

I applied in the hotel. Their ops manager called twenty minutes after I left and asked me to come in for an interview an hour later. I interviewed one on one with her for only 5 minutes before she hired me?

Interview Questions
    No, they offered me ten dollars an hour and I accepted

Front Desk Associate Interview

emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Copley, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copley, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    • If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   View Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question
    They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in October 2011.

I went through three different interviews

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in September 2013.

Just because of my experience in a 5 star hotel and sound knowledge, i got selected in second round for the post.

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in November 2010.

I had 2 interviews. Questions where detailed and numerous. All the people that I met during the interview process where very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • What was one of my biggest problems with my current management.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Base hourly pay for my job postion

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!