Marsh

Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Management Consultant Interview

Risk Management Consultant
Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details 1 phone interview
2 face to face interview
1 psychometric test

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, though the "real test" is the psychometric test. So could be a deal breaker if you're of great attitude but poor IQ.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Poor. No room for negotiation.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Summer TRAC Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, accept or dont

TRAC Internship Interview

TRAC Internship
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed in the New York office for a summer internship. They treated me very well and I had a positive experience, despite the long day. I ultimately did not get the internship, but I think it would be a great and rewarding company to work for. It would definitely be a lot of work.

Interview Question – All of them were difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Washington, DC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2010.

Interview Details I was placed on assignment at Marsh through a local temp agency. Waited a year, as supervisor made the case to develop a permanent position for me. When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. The interview process was very straightforward only because I had worked with both companies (Mercer more sporadically, by way of Marsh) for over a year and had thus proven my worth.

Interview Question – The position was created for me and all of my interviewers seemed to consider me an expert, thus there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When the time came, Marsh made an offer and its sister company Mercer also offered me a position in another office. This was nice as I had them both trying to outbid the other. And both offers went up a couple times before I accepted Marsh's.

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Question – What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Customer Service Specialist I
Urbandale, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marsh.

Interview Details Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer seemed firm.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh in March 2013.

Interview Details Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Question – What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   View Answer

Client Representative Interview

Client Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process consisted of an initial phone screening, then another screening, then I can in for the interview. The interview was with 3 managing directors from the department I was trying to get in with. They all could not have been nicer. Very conversational, asked simple questions like how would you feel having to do this and are you able to balance lots of different tasks at the same time.

Interview Question – In what conditions do you work your best?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

Internal Sales -entry Level

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

Interview Details online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Question – How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.

Interview Question – None really. It was more of a conversation   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh

Worked for Marsh? Contribute to the Community!