Marsh & McLennan Companies

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Processing Specialist Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details I applied to this position internally. From the time that I applied on their official website to the my interview was almost three months. After the interview, it was another month before they let me know that I had the position. If you are applying externally, the length of time will be about the same; however, you will also have to undergo a very basic background check.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer you the position at a certain pay; take it or leave it.

Insurance Specialist - Metro Casualty Advisory Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details 3 wks. after applying via LinkedIn, received an afternoon e-mail scheduling a next morning phone screening interview. Face-to=face interviews were to begin the following week. Position was in NY, but interviewer was in Kentucky. Standard screening questions including "what kind of salary do you need?" The interviewer said that Marsh never includes salaries in job postings. She also made a remark about the cost of living in NYC, which led me to believe that the $50k-60k salary range that I suggested was too high. In addition, she mentioned, in response to my question, that they had a very large number or candidates. This gave me the impression that were in a position to be extremely selective.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about the insurance industry?   Answer Question
  • If I were to ask your former employer to describe an area where you need to improve, what would he or she say?   Answer Question
  • Why did you choose to apply for a position at Marsh, as opposed to other brokerages?   Answer Question
  • Do you consider yourself someone who likes to work independently or a team player? and why?   Answer Question
  • Rate your proficiency in Microsoft Excel from 1-10. How have you used Excel in the past year? What did you do? Rate your proficiency in .... interviewer went through every item listed under computer skills on my resume.   Answer Question

Placement Specialist Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in October 2012.

Interview Details Multiple interviews with numerous collegues. My first interview I met with 8 different people in small groups (2 at a time). Based on my prior industry experience (12+ years) most of the questions were about getting to know me. I was invited back for a second interview with upper management level collegues. Similar to the first interview session as I met them in small groups and was mostly asked about my working style, challenges I've faced in the work environment, etc.

Interview Question – Describe the biggest challenge you faced in your prior job. How did you address and find resolution to the challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is through a 3rd party that Marsh uses for hiring and backround checks. The process was easy as they agreed to the terms I asked for. Conduct a backround check.

Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details Very informal interview which puts you at ease, but be careful as it's still an interview! They schedule multiple interviews, the process takes months. You'll meet with at least 3-4 people if they decide you pass the "test'.

Interview Question – They ask a lot of questions about everything, and expect a lot of questions in return.   Answer Question

Summer Trac Interview

Interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Interview Details Invited at career fair. I felt pretty good about the first round interview but wan't able to get into onsite.

Interview Question – What if you have a really demanding person on your team?   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Policy Analyst
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in February 2010.

Interview Details I was hired via a temporary agency contracted by Marsh. After a trial period that included extensive and detailed training specifically for the position, I was offered a permanent position with Marsh.

Interview Question – It's been a long time, so I really don't remember.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Interview Details Applied through search firm who provide salary and benefits... never got to interview stage

Interview Question – Why did you leave Marsh (I was rif'ed previously... I was told not for performance reasons)   Answer Question

TRAC Associate Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details Video interview, On campus interview, interview at Marsh office

Interview Question – "Super day" set up. Met with about 4-5 different interviewers. Very conversational   Answer Question

Insurance Assistant Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview Details Sent in resume via Indeed and 3 days later, I was phone screened by their HR rep to determine if my skills and experience matched their needs. Was then scheduled for an in-office interview after a week. Received offer 2 weeks later.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Claims Advisor Interview

Interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Interview Details I was hired to a permanent position through an employment agency. There was no interview.

Interview Question – There was no interview. I went from temp to perm.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Marsh & McLennan Companies – Why Work for Us?

Marsh and McLennan Companies is the premier global professional services firm, providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Through our market leading brands: Marsh, Oliver Wyman… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marsh & McLennan Companies interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Marsh & McLennan Companies employees and interview candidates.