Marshalls

Updated 11 Dec 2014
Updated 11 Dec 2014

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

When I first came in I called for the manager and was then lead to the side at the back of the store where the manager's offices were at. I sat there with other 1 other person in a white room waiting for the manager to come in. She left and came back with 2 people asking them to take a seat. She asked questions like if we were eligible to work there, etc. Not to many questions really. She then proceeded to hand all of us job applications and to fill them out as honestly as we can. After we were done filling them out, she thanked us and said she will see us on Monday.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

Phone interview. Asked questions such as how would you handle a difficult customer and what do you think is great customer service? Hiried before the end of the call.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

I gave in my application to the manager and was told that I look great and he'll call me during the week to schedule and interview, its been a month and he has never called back.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

I applied on a Thursday and by Wednesday I got a call for an interview which I scheduled for that Friday. The interview by the manager was in the morning and it just so happened that they were having orientation that day (which lasted about 3 hours and got paid for) and I stayed for orientation after getting an offer which was 7.93, the minimum wage then. I wanted more since I had plenty of job experience, but because I didn't have retail experience they gave me the bare minimum. By that next Monday I was working for them.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was terrible, I wanted a little bit more money even with my previous job experience but because I didn't have retail experience I couldn't get anything higher than the minimum wage.

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

Completed a short application online on Monday got called for on Sunday for an interview on Monday. Went to Marshalls the next day filled out the complete job application at the store. They told me to wait outside till i was called. Took about more than 1 hr. to get called in. I notified them that i was still here for my interview about 6 times until they finally assisted me. They interviewer took so long because she decided to attend the cash register (there was not a big line of shoppers either only like 2 people in line.) Finally went to get my interview and they made me wait outside the door for about 5 min. Finally went inside to take my actual interview after about 1hr and 30 min. The lady asked me why do you want to work at marshalls then i gave her a answer. Then she asked me about my previous jobs or volunteer work then i gave her my answer and it was a good answer. After i answered she was like oh well the position is already full (since a long time ago.) Have a nice day. The interview wasn't even 5 min. until she basically told me to leave. I thought to myself why would you make me wait more than an hour or even call me in for an interview if the position had been full since who knows when and then you make me wait so long for an "interview" that was no longer than 5 min. I was so furious. And i was dressed appropriately and everything.

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marshalls in November 2014.

I applied in person, I handed my application to the assistant manager. Then she scheduled me an interview the following day. I interviewed with the Assistant manager and operations manager. Both were very friendly and talkative. Both told me about what their store was all about.During the 2nd interview, the manager indicated to me that they do call references, after that they will call you if you hired.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you get your strength?
      Why do you have a desire to work in retail?
      Explain some of your previous experience?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Marshalls.

They only do paper applications. Had to drop off at the store in person. No chance to talk to the manager. Got a call for a interview. Went in for the interview. The manager asked a few normal interview questions, but he mostly seemed like he liked to just talk. Very conversational.

Normal interview. Some questions about how my experience lined up to the stores model. Was just a conversational type set up. I said the pay was extremely low and that I was disappointed in that. When they called back to say I got the job they said I got 20 cents more than was originally offered. Still a really low pay rate for my level of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Marshalls.

I went into the store and asked one of the supervisors if they were hiring and if I could get an application. I filled it out and brought it back within 20 minutes. I got a call a few MONTHS later (they weren't hiring at the time I gave in the application). The interview was pretty basic (describe what good customer service means to you, define teamwork, etc.) but I got interviewed twice by two different managers, first a man, then a woman. I got a call about three or four days later telling me that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    It's just minimum wage, no wiggle room.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I had dropped off my resume at a carer fair and honestly had completely forgot about it so the call asking me for an interview was a nice surprise. The interview was pretty standard, she had questions on a sheet and she was just recording my answer, I felt like I was being repetitive because I had only had one job before and a lot of the questions were work experience related. Overall, it was easy and she said she'd call my references, and if that went well, she'd call me to set up when I start.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

I filled in the in store application and was called into an interview later that afternoon for a few days later. It was a group interview where a little was asked about our backgrounds and I was given the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. Very simple customer service type questions.   Answer Question