Marshalls

110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2014.

Interview Details Short easy interview (more like a conversation) with the assistant manager. Apply in person, it helps a lot. My interviewer was impress when I brought my resume in with me.

Interview Question – Literally not even a single hard question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better paying job.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Marshalls

Interview Details it was okay from the start. I interviewed with several people aboutmy past. The process wasn't that bad. They do background checks and things like that. I was given an offer within 2 weeks of my first interview.

Interview Question – why were you fired from your last job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Flushing, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview went very well. I met with the store Manager and she asked me a few questions. Since I walked into the room she told me I was a good candidate to work at front end which is to provide the best customer service and resolve all customer issues. Everything went real quick.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Marshalls?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

Interview Details its took me less than 10 minutes and got the job the manager didn't ask me a lot of questions she was super nice she ask me about the schedule that can work and i explain her then minutes later i was hired by the company

Interview Question – its was super easy   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2010.

Interview Details they just want to know what you see yourself doing in 5 years and give you a written psych test to see if you are crazy. i was a referral but that did not matter. i was put through the same interview as all others were.

Interview Question – as long as you pass the criminal backgropund test your good   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called

Back Room Coordinator Interview

Back Room Coordinator
Hiram, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marshalls in October 2013.

Interview Details It was really fast paced and enjoyable. The employer used out of work style relations to in work and with our conversations. Was skilled in communications. Very easy to topple if you are confident in yourself, that is the key.

Interview Question – "Can you tell me about yourself" was the most difficult to me in my personal opinion. I have a difficult time trying to describe myself in any situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stay calm, never fear.

Shoes Associate Interview

Shoes Associate
Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2012.

Interview Details They had an open interview day for the new store that was opening up near Fenway. You walk in, got handed a clipboard with the paperwork, pass it in, and one by one you get interviewed. The questions were quick and easy because they wanted as many people to put in full time hours paid at half time status (aka, no benefits). They then called me to invite me to the second part which essentially meant they would be hiring me as long as I attended.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2012.

Interview Details The process happened almost immediately. I walked in and filled out an application and got an interview on the spot. within a day or two I was in orientation. They asked very standard questions with no difficulty and then informed me that they hire at a set rate depending on years of experience and there was no changing pay rate.

Interview Question – The questions where the standard "if there is an argument with another employee how would you handle it?" and "if a customer is unhappy how would you fix the situation?" there where no truly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have no negotiations they do not negotiate salaries they have a set pay for everything and they won't change this with negotiations.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Euless, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details Two interviews--one with the Store Manager and the second with the Assistant Manager. Both of them were very personable and planning both interviews went very smoothly. The overall perception I got of the office was not very special, just noted that the computers and software in the main office seemed old and outdated.

Interview Question – Don't remember very well as the interview was around two years ago--they were mostly behavioral questions e.g. A time you showed leadership experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much due to it being my first job starting at minimum wage.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details it was pretty simple interview, they asked pretty common questions like, where do you see yourself in five years or tell me a time when you had to deal with something difficult and how you dealt

Interview Question – Nothing much really, just standard questions   Answer Question

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!