Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014

1.9

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

I filled in the in store application and was called into an interview later that afternoon for a few days later. It was a group interview where a little was asked about our backgrounds and I was given the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any. Very simple customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in October 2014.

I saw a table with a sign that said "Now Hiring" and a stack of applications so I grabbed one and filled it out. I handed it to the cashier and she said the manager would be in later and he would call me. He called me the next afternoon to schedule an interview. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was very friendly and answered all of my questions. He asked me about my customer service experience and discussed my potential within the company since I have a college degree. I provided him a copy of my resume so he just asked a few questions about the details. I asked him more questions than he asked me. He said I would be a great fit there and I accepted the position at the end of the interview. He said he would call me about a date to start as he had to speak with all three work references that I had provided on my application. The next day, as soon as he had spoken with all of them, we scheduled my employee orientation and I got my work schedule. The process took about 4 days and the interview was really just a smooth conversation.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation- all employees start at the same rate and they are firm about this.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in September 2014.

I applied online and about a week and a half I received a call from the hiring manager to have an interview the very next day. I was first interviewed by the hiring manager in a pretty informal/unprofessional interview. She told me about what their store was all about and that they were looking for seasonal workers. She asked me a few questions and said that they do 2 interviews, so I will have to interview with one of the store manager right after this one. During the 2nd interview, the manager indicated to me that they do call references and if my reference check out, I will hear from them in 4 days if they decide to hire me. Both interviews lasted around 10 mins each and was fairly informal. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic.
      Why do you want to work at Marshalls?
      Tell me about yourself.
      How do you deal with a difficult customer?
      Do you have any questions for me?
        View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marshalls in August 2014.

The hiring process was a quick one. The hiring manager was on vacation when i turned in my application but, the following monday i got a call reuesting interview for that tuesday . After the interview she said she would be in touch by the next monday. But, the process was even quicker ! She called me back yesterday 8/20 hiring me on to start part time on wednesday .

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question : What makes you team player ? How would you handle disagreement at work ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in July 2014.

Short easy interview (more like a conversation) with the assistant manager. Apply in person, it helps a lot. My interviewer was impress when I brought my resume in with me.

Interview Questions

Got a better paying job.

Sales Associate Interview

One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls in March 2014.

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later for a group interview. There were 10 people including myself being interviewed. Both people conducting the interviews made me fell welcome and were very nice and professional. I was called about 45 minutes after the interview and they asked for my availability and if I had any references. 15 minutes after that I got another call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • They have a credit card that they want the customers to sign up for, so one of the questions was to attempt to sell the card to the manager as if she was a customer. Total curveball but be creative and you will be fine! They are VERY big on customer service!   Answer Question
    No price negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls in February 2014.

Applied via Snagajob. Got a call the next day and went in two days after I applied. During the "interview", I was asked to describe myself. Then they asked a couple of easy questions. Then explained what Marshall's/TJMaxx (they're part of the TJM family) is and what kind of job duties you would be doing. Only one interview with the HR manager. Got a call the next Monday saying to come in a few days later for Orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but unexpected was to describe myself.   View Answer
    Minimum wage, no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

Called for an interview a week later, interview was informal, just waiting for a callback.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your references, what would they tell me about you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

They ask you basic questions. Why do you want to work there? Do you see yourself staying? Nothing difficult whatsoever.

They offered me the job the next day