Marvell Technology

56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Design Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2014.

Interview Details Submit resume on Linkedin and received phone interview about 10 days later.

Interview Question – Basic questions about 5-stage Pipeline, Cache Coherence, Out-of-Order processor   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2014.

Interview Details I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Question – They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question

North America Sales Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2012.

Interview Details I knew a manager who thought I fit perfectly into a current need, so he asked if I would interview. Knowing someone here is the best way to get hired, as HR is a joke when it comes to reviewing candidates and hiring off the open job reqs. Go to an event like CES, chat up someone in sales and really get to know them. Let them know you're looking for an opportunity and you're very interested in Marvell.

My interview was pretty grilling, but I spent a week preparing for it. I knew the corporate organization, who the managers and players were, the products and markets, but above all I told a complete story about myself that they could relate to. Everyone here is hard working and ambitious but they value ethics and teamwork above all else. No one here would ever consider hurting someone else or the company for personal gain, just keep that in mind.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "why should we hire you if you haven't worked in technology before?" which was expected and fair.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time I was a starving grad student, so though I was ready to negotiate I accepted based on the opportunity to grow in an ideal environment. Marvell doesn't pay employees very well, so I knew if I demanded a high number they'd find someone else.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details I got this job 10 years ago. It was around the dot com bubble. Interview was simple. Different people covered different topics from CMOS design, combinational logic, Verilog, board design, instruments, puzzles, etc. But the process still seemed ad- hoc at that time since it was a small company. The questions were not complicated. I have had other harder interviews.

Interview Question – I found it very simple. So hard to tell. Nothing a college grad would not know. But one question was what happens to the ground when a lot of lines suddenly draw current.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. I was told the company does not negotiate. Take it or leave it. I needed it. So I took it.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2012.

Interview Details 1. phone interview
2. on site interview 4-5 hours

Interview Question – basic questions about the terms mentioned in job description   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2013.

Interview Details The entire process took about a month. Two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. Environment was very friendly. Basics of Comp. Arch., Perl, Verilog and OOPs asked.

Interview Question – Virtual memory management   Answer Question

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Logic Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2013.

Interview Details Campus interview first during the career fair time. Followed by a phone interview one week after and scheduled onsite one week after. I heard back from the HR person after one week of my onsite. Great campus, nice people, fancy cafe.

The CPU group is a mix of design and verification. Average difficulty for the questions, some recruiters are also from the verification team.

Interview Question – How to apply what we learned from school to the current going on project?
Some verilog coding questions.
Basic logic design questions.

More on the verilog project we did at school for a RISC processor.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have other offers.

Software Developer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2009.

Interview Details Had to interview with 7 managers from various departments who will be interacting with me.

Interview Question – Technical tests using code   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me sign on bonus as they needed my skiils badly.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2009.

Interview Details Met with Director of Operations, Manager, co-workers and HR person. It was an all day affair, sometimes many wait periods in between interviews. Everyone friendly.

Interview Question – Had to explain tester and feedback loops and why they can cause problems. Sometimes tough to remember details especially in interview situation. Also needed to understand transistor physics of CMOS technology.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Sort of take it or leave it if you wanted the job.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2013.

Interview Details Referred by the employee in the group. It takes only 1 week to proceed. Most people are nice. The interview takes 8 hours including 1 hour for lunch. You must be prepared.

Interview Question – FSM, timing issue, perl   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marvell Technology

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marvell Technology interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marvell Technology employees and interview candidates.