MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

2.6

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2015.

Interview

I was told it was a 4 interview process. First interview via phone, then to get a second interview you needed to take a personality test.

Normally I'd expect MBTI or something of the sort, but it was around 160 questions in groups of 10 asking you to rate how much of a certain trait you are such as "hard working". Humorously, these groups of 10 were more or less the same, just with synonyms. After that there were actual questions like if I am annoyed by salespeople and things like that. Overall it made me feel like they wanted someone who thinks telemarketers are good people.

In the phone interview I asked what the biggest thing they look for in an employee and was told "someone with a lot of connections to sell to". It seemed to me they're more interested in hiring a person for who they know rather than what they know.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel annoyed when salespeople call you at home? (from the personality test)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It all starts off with a 20 minute phone interview where he/she discusses the position and skims over your resume. You explain why you're interested and ask general questions. After this, you maintain an email correspondence for a couple of weeks. Along the way you may be called by other members who are in charge of hiring. Brief 1:1 interview after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can offer this company?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Interview

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired.

First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at MassMutual (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

First interview was mostly an introduction to the company and how they operate. Seemed like a genuine and very employee centered atmosphere. Explained in detail sales strategy, commission structure and benefits. They expect you to have a large friend/family (etc) base to begin your sales however are helpful in finding others. Their focus is on adding value to their clients and are dedicated to treating and providing the best service for each client. The company atmosphere seems very positive and conducive to growth.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working independently or with someone constantly "breathing down your back" ?   1 Answer

100% Commission based salary

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2014.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university career fair, he asked for my resume and contacted me a few weeks later. We interviewed at the university then later a couple of times at the office. The interviews were mainly to check for the right personality type. There was also a market survey process that was less stringent that the competitor Northwestern Mutual's. I recommend that if you do not enjoy the market survey 100%, do not take the job. The surveys should literally be the easiest thing in the world. If they stress you out at all, go do something else. Seriously.

Interview Questions

• What does the term "financial" mean to you?   1 Answer

The office was located in a suburb, and I preferred to work in the city (I got another offer from a competitor in the city)

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions

• None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

Interview

A local agency partner found my resume that I posted on an internet job board and called me. The initial correspondence of a phone call and subsequent text messages were a bit unusual to me (who has no experience in sales). Fresh out of college with my masters, I decided to come in and speak the MassMutual agent. Mostly, the MassMutual agent spoke about how the firm uses the software LEAP and he wants me to sell this product. The agent seemed very excited about this new program (LEAP, which is a multifaceted cash flow manager) and tells me all the great shining things about the products, company, and opportunities (I'd be making a lot of money -- he just didn't say when I would be making that money. Plus, all commission based pay) - rough sledding for a recent college grad with some to pay for a student loan. This informational interview proceeded for about an hour. Overall, I perceived the local agent as a person that is not a greedy insurance peddler, but I only had one meeting. I was offered to start right away.

Interview Questions

• Very unorthodox meeting (wouldn't even call it an interview). Basically, I was given a brief tutorial about the software and was given tutorial of the agency philosophy. Then, I was asked my thoughts and what did I expect.   Answer Question

As a graduate student, I had only been out on the market for two weeks, and I was hesitant to take a commission based salary.