MassMutual Intern Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was more of an info session. The specific job ended up being more of a sales position for insurance. The woman was very polite and enthusiastic and the interview left with the group of interviewees responsible for contacting for further information. The first interview was mostly an information session and I need not continue with the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of an internship with us?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. The process took about 3 weeks. Had one initial interview where they went over my resume and asked your normal questions and told me more about the internship and questions I had for them about it. Then had a second interview where they let me conduct the interview and ask all the questions and then more info on the internship was given.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was with a subsidy of MassMutual in Atlanta. It went well, relatively simple questions. I only interviewed with one individual. Lasted 40 minutes at most. The office was impressive but I turned down position. Unpaid

unpaid

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Tampa, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, Basic questions regarding education. They wanted to see what kind of person you were, and if you could sell their products with confidence. Overall easy interview. More Sales, than i had expected, which is why I declined the offer. Large Fortune100 company though with a great reputation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via phone, scheduled interview for next week. The interview questions were read from a packet which was filled out by the interviewer. Standard questions about resume, some unexpected.

Interview Questions

I wasn't comfortable with the weekly stipend as a means of compensation as it put too much pressure on selling products to prospective customers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How will you attain your own clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

3 very informal interviews; they just wanted to know how well I knew the area and how many names and phone numbers I could potentially add to their prospect list.

Interview Questions

40 hour weeks, unpaid, selling insurance sounded unpleasant.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2013.

Interview

Came in for an interview, they have contacted me by text message, which i thought it was weird. Anyways, did the interview, they have offered me the job, and said they would call to make the detail arrangements....more than months passed by and they haven't called nor answer a message. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you consider to be a victory of yours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the interview, he said he would like to offer me a job, if i accepted - it was a part-time summer job; said he would call to get all my documents and schedule a meeting with his partner, and have never called...

Intern Interview

Interview

– Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Interview Questions

• Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   Answer Question