MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.5

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)).

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter. Was contacted directly for an onsite interview. Spent a day at the headquarters. Had four interviews, a lunch break and a tour with current students in the program. Interviewers ranged from senior-level actuaries to actuarial students. Everyone was nice and friendly. Most interviews were not very formal. I ended up talking about insurance products and extracurricular activities with some of the interviewers. I heard from the HR a few business days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2015.

Interview

I was told it was a 4 interview process. First interview via phone, then to get a second interview you needed to take a personality test.

Normally I'd expect MBTI or something of the sort, but it was around 160 questions in groups of 10 asking you to rate how much of a certain trait you are such as "hard working". Humorously, these groups of 10 were more or less the same, just with synonyms. After that there were actual questions like if I am annoyed by salespeople and things like that. Overall it made me feel like they wanted someone who thinks telemarketers are good people.

In the phone interview I asked what the biggest thing they look for in an employee and was told "someone with a lot of connections to sell to". It seemed to me they're more interested in hiring a person for who they know rather than what they know.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel annoyed when salespeople call you at home? (from the personality test)   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who was very upfront about the position, salary and basic duties. The recruiter asked more interview questions than the hiring manager, which is interesting. The interview was easy because I practiced and prepared with a friend who was a former hiring manager. My friend was a harder interviewer than the MassMutual hiring manager. They were very professional but the interview seemed very rushed and the hiring manager seemed disinterested in me as he checked his cell phone.

Interview Questions

• What do you use to organize your business day?   1 Answer

Wells Fargo WBR Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual (La Jolla, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying they contact you to schedule a phone screening behavioral interview. To help you prepare for the phone interview, they email you a list of potential questions as well as potential ways in which you should answer them using a STAR approach (Situation Task Action Result). If you pass the phone interview, the next step is a in-person interview at one of their offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when project planning was an important part of your job. What did you
      do and why?

Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Interview

If was fairly easy because it was a right after college interview. General questions were asked and mostly the interviewer talked about what work he did for the company and how new hirea would fit in.
    Then he asked me about my background and my interests. This was just the preliminary interview before the application was submitted

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It all starts off with a 20 minute phone interview where he/she discusses the position and skims over your resume. You explain why you're interested and ask general questions. After this, you maintain an email correspondence for a couple of weeks. Along the way you may be called by other members who are in charge of hiring. Brief 1:1 interview after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can offer this company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was more of an info session. The specific job ended up being more of a sales position for insurance. The woman was very polite and enthusiastic and the interview left with the group of interviewees responsible for contacting for further information. The first interview was mostly an information session and I need not continue with the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of an internship with us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Tarrytown, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a Financial Advisor a few days later. Once we connected on the phone, nothing major was spoken about, they just wanted to hear my voice and set up an interview. Went in for the interview and it was extremely laid back and it felt as if I already had the internship. They gave me a brief description of the job task and explained that I would have to obtain my Health and Medical Insurance licenses.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit at MassMutual?
      Do you see yourself in this career field and why?
      What do you know about MassMutual?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. The process took about 3 weeks. Had one initial interview where they went over my resume and asked your normal questions and told me more about the internship and questions I had for them about it. Then had a second interview where they let me conduct the interview and ask all the questions and then more info on the internship was given.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I applied online and within a couple days was contacted by an HR manager. A week or so later I interviewed with her in person. She was very friendly and easy to interview with. A couple months later, the executive called to interview with me in person with his team. For that interview they didn't seem as prepared or have any questions ready but they said it was because they never really hire because their office has no turn over. They said how much they liked me and I was a perfect fit and even called to tell me, yet never offered me the job.