MassMutual

Updated 11 Dec 2014
Updated 11 Dec 2014

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

I spoke with a college recruiter at a career fair we had. They had me fill out a survey and then called to schedule an interview the next business day. When we had the phone interview everything was going fine until they asked for a list of the first five people I would contact to attempt to sell products to if I was hired. When I declined to answer with the names and phone numbers they asked in a more direct manner for that information to which I declined again. When I told them no the second time they ended the interview on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • List the name and number of the first five people you would contact to sell products to.   Answer Question

Actuarial Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question

Entry Level Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

No skills needed. Looking for fresh graduates. Behavioral bases questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 stage interview. However they will hire anyone who shows interest to work without pay.

Interview Questions

Can't work soley on commission. Would be a good side job.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via phone, scheduled interview for next week. The interview questions were read from a packet which was filled out by the interviewer. Standard questions about resume, some unexpected.

Interview Questions

I wasn't comfortable with the weekly stipend as a means of compensation as it put too much pressure on selling products to prospective customers.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

First interview was mostly an introduction to the company and how they operate. Seemed like a genuine and very employee centered atmosphere. Explained in detail sales strategy, commission structure and benefits. They expect you to have a large friend/family (etc) base to begin your sales however are helpful in finding others. Their focus is on adding value to their clients and are dedicated to treating and providing the best service for each client. The company atmosphere seems very positive and conducive to growth.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working independently or with someone constantly "breathing down your back" ?   View Answer

100% Commission based salary

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2014.

I received a call from a MassMutual recruiter regarding the call center position I had applied for. She was very upfront about the position, what it would entail, and what the timeline was. She also told me how much the position pays, what I would need as far as licensing, and what would be expected of me if hired. I had to take two computer assessment tests before being offered an interview. One was the standard personality test. The other was an "in-role" type test to gauge how well I would do in a call center type environment. Both took about 2-3 hours in total to complete. Once my scores were received I was offered an interview with the hiring manager and director. The interview was brief but informative. They covered what the first few months of the job would be like, what would need to be done in order to take the required licensing test, what the hours for the position are and how schedules are determined. Then there was the typical Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • How would you adapt to a customer service role in a field you have little background in?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I was told how much the compensation was before interviewing and had to accept that amount before being scheduled for an interview.

Financial Services Professional Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2014.

The company contacted me after they found my resume on Monster.com. I scheduled an interview with their recruiting director, Christina, and the interview took roughly an hour. Christina was very well spoken and conducted the interview as a conversation rather than a formal interview. After I finished the initial interview she scheduled me to speak with the branch manager. This portion of the interview mainly consist of me asking the branch manager questions. Both parties were very informative and did not sugar coat what was expected from the position. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.