MassMutual

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Consultant Interview

Audit Consultant
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Question – Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Agent Interview

Agent
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was great. The manager was kind and helpful in explaining the job description, potential to grow, all the pros and cons about the job. They also have you take a test on your personality to see if you would do well on the job. I think this might be helpful in some cases but not in all cases since people are all different and no test can give an accurate review of one's potential to success in a given job.

Interview Question – How much do you need to make per year starting this year if you were to start working for us? What are you looking for in life?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Rockford, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details A four step process is standard. It includes a phone screening, an online screening, an 2/3 in person interviews. During the in person interviews you will most likely speak with a sales manager and somebody higher up in the company. I really enjoyed interviewing for them, because they do ask uncomfortable questions or some that might be seen as personal, and that is what makes for an interesting interview.

Interview Question – What is your definition of success, because having a unique answer matters.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Senior Auditor
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Question – I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Orange, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Question – Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Producer Interview

Producer

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details 3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Question – None unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided not interested in selling insurance

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Question – "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
"Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Interview Question – There wasn't any question that was unexpected   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Interview Details Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Question – can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive