MassMutual

Updated 18 Feb 2015
Updated 18 Feb 2015

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   View Answer
    The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual.

I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
    Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   View Answer
    Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Assistant Vice President Marketing Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at MassMutual.

Know your numbers. Be prepared to show - in metrics fashion - how you achieved objectives.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you when there is the interest we've had?   View Answer
    Salary agreeable

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual.

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.

Answer Question
    The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Financial Services Professional Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

I applied via campus recruiting at my school and got an interview after a quick phone screen. Then I had to simply go in and interview. The interviewer was very nice to me. With the nature of the internship being social, the interview reflected that--very conversational. All the questions were standard internship questions. Nothing too crazy. Make sure that you are good at holding a conversation and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Typical Strength, weakness question was present. Describe a time you had to multi-task was also one.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

A local agency partner found my resume that I posted on an internet job board and called me. The initial correspondence of a phone call and subsequent text messages were a bit unusual to me (who has no experience in sales). Fresh out of college with my masters, I decided to come in and speak the MassMutual agent. Mostly, the MassMutual agent spoke about how the firm uses the software LEAP and he wants me to sell this product. The agent seemed very excited about this new program (LEAP, which is a multifaceted cash flow manager) and tells me all the great shining things about the products, company, and opportunities (I'd be making a lot of money -- he just didn't say when I would be making that money. Plus, all commission based pay) - rough sledding for a recent college grad with some to pay for a student loan. This informational interview proceeded for about an hour. Overall, I perceived the local agent as a person that is not a greedy insurance peddler, but I only had one meeting. I was offered to start right away.

Interview Questions
    • Very unorthodox meeting (wouldn't even call it an interview). Basically, I was given a brief tutorial about the software and was given tutorial of the agency philosophy. Then, I was asked my thoughts and what did I expect.   Answer Question

As a graduate student, I had only been out on the market for two weeks, and I was hesitant to take a commission based salary.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Phone call from their recruiter, phone interview, and then a 1/2 day interview with about 6-7 people. This was a pretty sad group overall. After going into Springfield I realized I would never want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • I think when I had a panel interview with the individuals who would actually be my coworkers I realized this would not be a good fit. They would ask basic questions, not even a hint of challenge.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
      "Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"

Answer Question
    Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.