MassMutual

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Question – None unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided not interested in selling insurance

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Sales Support Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Question – "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
"Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Interview Question – There wasn't any question that was unexpected   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Interview Details Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Question – can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Question – First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Director IT
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Interview Question – How will you implement change   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

Interview Details First interview was on campus and was only about 15 minutes asking about myself. The next interview was more of an orientation and they gave a 3 hour presentation on what the company was about. It was informative and after there was a 20 minute interview getting to know me.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions. Such as "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Interview Questions

Newport Beach, CA (US)

Interview Details 1st interview the managing director sells you the job. makes the job sound really good, doesn't tell you that its a sales job. Then you get a personality test. After that, they make you do a project 200 form in which they ask you to make a "prospect list" of 200 individuals and eventually sell to them yourself. This is what got me thinking about declining. 2nd interview Declined to Pursue. Its a sales job, not question about it. Wasn't willing to sell to friends and family to start out a "client base". Potential payout is very good however, but money wasn't enough to make me pursue. Most insurance jobs are the same. Stay away if you don't like sales, especially selling to friends and family.

Interview Question – Are you willing to market to friends and family?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Project 200 List was a huge nail-biter.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Hunt Valley, MD (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2009.

Interview Details First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Question – Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.