MassMutual Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
138 interviews

2.5

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Roseville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Very lax hiring process, met with one manager who was very friendly there were no behavioral baed questions more of just a conversation getting to know me.

Interview Questions

Decided not interested in selling insurance

Sales Support Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
      "Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"
        Answer Question
    Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Questions
    • can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions
    • First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

First interview was on campus and was only about 15 minutes asking about myself. The next interview was more of an orientation and they gave a 3 hour presentation on what the company was about. It was informative and after there was a 20 minute interview getting to know me.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. Such as "why do you want to work for us?"   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA (US)

1st interview the managing director sells you the job. makes the job sound really good, doesn't tell you that its a sales job. Then you get a personality test. After that, they make you do a project 200 form in which they ask you to make a "prospect list" of 200 individuals and eventually sell to them yourself. This is what got me thinking about declining. 2nd interview Declined to Pursue. Its a sales job, not question about it. Wasn't willing to sell to friends and family to start out a "client base". Potential payout is very good however, but money wasn't enough to make me pursue. Most insurance jobs are the same. Stay away if you don't like sales, especially selling to friends and family.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to market to friends and family?   View Answer

Project 200 List was a huge nail-biter.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hunt Valley, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2009.

First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   View Answer
    There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.