Maxim Healthcare Services

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in February 2012.

Interview Details Phone Interview. Basic questions.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's an entry level job, in the sense that anyone who enters their information will get hired.

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process took about 2-3 weeks. At first I was contacted by a "in-house" recruiter. She conducted an over the phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After which she offered to set up an interview with the local branch manager and went over the salary and benefits package. The next week I went in for my face to face interview which went well. Everyone in the office was friendly, the interview itself was less intimidating than I had expected. The interview lasted about an hour long. The manager scheduled me for a "pit sit" the next week which lasted about 3 hours. At the end of the "pit sit" I filled out personal information for them to run a background check. The manager scheduled a time for me to have an over the phone interview with the VP of the region the next day. After that interview I was called back by the branch manager telling me everything was going well, that they were just waiting for the background check to come back. Once it did they offered me the job!

Interview Question – Explain a time in which you had to take responsibility for someone else's mistake, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in December 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview with the Corporate Recruiter a general phone screening. Then forwards your resume to Account Manager Direct Boss if he like your resume . You come in for a one and one with him. Basic interview questions and a few situation questions. About leadership and time managed someone etc not too hard. Then you do a pit sit which is great you do spend a lot time at work I did mine same day or they may tell you come back another day to do it. They are more concerned that you will fit in with the office. After that a phone in area vp . The background check is extensive take about 6 business days

Interview Question – situation based questions just make sure you come prepared and you will be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is none 40k with 5k bonus. You do work 10 hour day 50 hours a week. Wish salary more but i want get into corporate recruiting so you have start from the bottom and work your way up. So i can't be mad

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details Applied online and after following up was asked to come in for an interview. Interview was only about 25 minutes and they asked me basic questions. They just seemed so bored and not excited about their work so I moved on.

Interview Question – Name a hardship you've overcome.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in September 2012.

Interview Details 3 step interview process. Once with a corporate recruiter, and then Account Manager, and then fellow Recruiters.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Just make sure to prep for your interview.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details It was a three part interview process. First there was a phone interview where they went over my resume. Then I had an hour long interview at the office with the manager. Lastly, there was a "pit sit" where I sat with the other recruiters and got a feel for the enviornment.

Interview Question – The scenario questions where the most difficult because you can not prepare for those.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details General interview learning about work experience and general questions.

Interview Question – Providing examples for all responses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details I received an e-mail from the Administrative Officer and after speaking briefly with the Director of Business Operations I was scheduled an interview. The interview was pretty typical...we discussed my previous work experience a lot. The recruiter role definitely isn't for everybody, so the DBO definitely wanted a lot of detail of my experience. We talked about the recruiter position...talked a lot about the on call process which was good because that's a big part of why people don't like the job, so it was good that the DBO was up front and honest about it. That day I also interviewed w/ the AO. Both were pretty similar...them just getting a feel for me. Next, I was interviewed by the DBO from a neighboring office. After that, I came back to the original office for a "pit sit" to get a better idea of what it's like being a recruiter. Next time I came in I was given my tentative offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really...compared to other interviews it was relatively easy. Especially if you have relative work experience (sales, phone experience, customer service) and/or a general interest/passion for being involved in healthcare. Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in February 2012.

Interview Details Consisted of a phone interview, one-on-one interview in office, A pit sit with the other recruiters and a phone interview with the area Manager.

Interview Question – mose questions were based on previous experences and how you handle them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Hickory, NC (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of the usual questions, name specific examples when you overcame a challenge..etc. And a "pit sit." You come in and shadow a current recruiter. This is the best time to ask questions as an applicant.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate to open a new office?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer is the same for everyone (as far as I can tell). I attempted to counter with no success.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maxim Healthcare Services

Worked for Maxim Healthcare Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maxim Healthcare Services employees and interview candidates.