McAfee Interview Questions

3.1

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in March 2010.

Interviewed with 2 senior staff members, they said that they were short for time and I only had 30mintues to sale myself. They made me feel intimated. I felt it was a waste of my time as i wasn't given enough time or respect to showcase my experience that was relevant to the job. I felt the office was very structured and lack a warm culture.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

NO NEGOTIATION

Marketing Communications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

I was friends with someone who knew I was looking to get my foot in the door in regards to a "corporate" environment, for lack of a better term. She knew someone who was looking for an entry-level type role, one of which would allow for progress, given I met their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • As this was my first "business" interview, everything seemed unexpected! My interviewers made a point to not only emphasize the work ethic and culture, but also to try to get an idea of my personality to help see if I aligned with the businesses' outlook.   View Answer
    I was lucky to receive an amazing benefits package, along with a great starting salary.

Associate Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2014.

It consisted five rounds :
    Round 1 : Wrirten test on basics of Java, C and Data Structures. It was damn easy. 20 questions in 30 minutes. I guess those could be solved in less than 15 minutes. Questions were based on array declaration, simple questions on stacks, queues, linked lists, BSTs and arrays.

Round 2: Out of 60, 24 were selected this round. It was technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. Write node structure of linked list in C?
    2. Write a C program to detect loop in a linked list?
    3. Write a program to reverse a linked list? 4. Write a program to reverse a linked list which contains a loop? Header node would be node where loop started.
    I answered them all in one go. Interviewer was happy with my confidence and appraised me.

Round 3 : 12 were selected for this round. Again it was a technical interview. Questions asked were :
    1. You have four identical looking tablets. Two are for cold and two are for fever. You have to take one fever and one cold tablet. Overdose may kill you. All tablets lie in same category container.
    2. How to delete a node in a linked list pointer to which is given?
    3. Swap even and odd bits in a 32 bit integer.
    4. Implement queue using two stacks.
    5. You have 25 horses and 5 lanes. 5 horses can race at a time. Minimum no. of races required to find top three horses.
    6. How will you detect that two numbers on addition will overflow integer range?

Interviewers were a Sardarji and one other friendly guy. They greeted me and motivated me very well.

Round 4 : Only 7 were selected for this round. Again interviewer was friendly and told me various things about McAfee and their Gurgaon Wing.
    1. How would you find median of two sorted arrays and its optimized solution?
    I did that and he said "Cool". Actually, I don't know why they were asking so easy questions.
    Then we had a long discussion on Over flow in adding two numbers and I suggested him a way and persuaded him successfully that my method was best.

Interview Questions
    • ROUND 5 : only 3 were selected. Interviewers were very friendly again.
      How will you test your phone?
        Answer Question
    • How will you test that a text box accepting only one character between A-Z is working correctly.   Answer Question
    • What exceptions may occur if you want to read a file from disk?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase as I was a fresher. But yes I got location of my choice and Associate SDE and not Associate SDET as profile.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

I've applied online and it took them about 2 weeks to reply.

- It starts with a 20 minute HR Interview which includes some simple technical questions about linked lists, pointers, algorithms etc..

- If you pass that, you get invited to the main office, the interview was 2 hours long which included a QA test, programming test, whiteboard testing and 2 interviews, one technical and the other was a biographical interview.

Overall it was quite a tough experience, and they do give you feedback after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Compare Java to C++, and explain why would you choose to one instead of the other. There was also some questions about concurrency   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in July 2014.

First a phone interview with an internal recruiter regarding my CV and my motivations. After this, an interview in their office with a senior manager. He explained the job and the company and then he checked the CV and asked about me, my technical skills and my strengths in the sale field. The senior manager was very kind to me and professional, I felt at ease with him. I thought it was a good work environment, I am really excited about this position and I hope to get an offer. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

interview process was good first was technical round fllowed by interview process. difficult questions
    question were on c/c++, sql .phython. be prepared toughness. mcafee is tough to crack. i think it will be helpful

Partner Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in June 2014.

2-3 weeks after initial phone screening with the recruiter a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager (Director) but she could not make it at the last minute & I was interviewed by her senior manager. After that 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview with 4 team members and the Director(hiring manager) of the team.

Surprisingly, I was called in for a particular role but the recruiter had informed the interviewers about a different role. Some serious mismatch happened but I was told both roles were still open which I doubted. I spent 2.5hrs at their office interviewing

After which I did not hear anything for a month. I was not expecting much & my interest level was low but as a courtesy I was expecting a closing considering I went to their office and spent 2-3 hours. So I sent a note to the recruiter to check the status and was told they are proceeding with another candidate.

The whole process, communication and closing out candidates looked very disjointed. Maybe the recruiters are overworked or just do not have a process to track which candidate is being sent for which role.

Interview Questions
    • Map out the process for launching new features in an existing product and getting buy in from Eng..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.