McAfee

3.1

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in North Sydney

The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in March 2010.

Interviewed with 2 senior staff members, they said that they were short for time and I only had 30mintues to sale myself. They made me feel intimated. I felt it was a waste of my time as i wasn't given enough time or respect to showcase my experience that was relevant to the job. I felt the office was very structured and lack a warm culture.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

No negotiation

ITSM Process Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript.
    What is ReST ?
    Difference between PUT and POST.
    When we use POST and when we should use PUT.
    Syntax to change style of element through javascript code.
    Python: How do you run python code.
                  How do you define a function
    Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions
    • Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

NO NEGOTIATION

Marketing Communications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

I was friends with someone who knew I was looking to get my foot in the door in regards to a "corporate" environment, for lack of a better term. She knew someone who was looking for an entry-level type role, one of which would allow for progress, given I met their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • As this was my first "business" interview, everything seemed unexpected! My interviewers made a point to not only emphasize the work ethic and culture, but also to try to get an idea of my personality to help see if I aligned with the businesses' outlook.   View Answer
    I was lucky to receive an amazing benefits package, along with a great starting salary.