McAfee Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

3.1

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee (North Sydney) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 senior staff members, they said that they were short for time and I only had 30mintues to sale myself. They made me feel intimated. I felt it was a waste of my time as i wasn't given enough time or respect to showcase my experience that was relevant to the job. I felt the office was very structured and lack a warm culture.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Screening through phone, one to one, manger will take the interview, HR round & Offer, After joining background verification will be done. if there is any problem with the back groung verifiction then candidates will be asked to provide the documents

Interview Questions

• How to follow the process and if there is any divation in the process how and whom to bring notice   Answer Question

Negotiation

Candidates will be offered as per the standards in the industry

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in March 2015.

Interview

The hr set up a phone interview. Just one 30-minutes phone interview with the group manager. Ask about the background and related research and project experience with mobile platform, malware analysis and machine learning techniques.

Interview Questions

• Past experience and some questions from projects on the resume   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee (Plano, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the team.
    Overall the interview experience was horrible.
    The interview was about 30 mins.
    The job description involved good C/C++ coding skills, writing rappers over kernel mode drivers, experience with Windows APIs and experience with Visual Studio.
    Interviewer asked me questions about software testing and not even a single question about the above mentioned requirements. Apparantly they wanted an expert software tester. There is not even a single word on my resume which mentions software testing. Why waste my time unnecessarily and schedule an interview in the first place?
    Plus the HR is slow in providing feedback. Overall a negative interview experience. The recruiter while screening the resume is not clear whether they want to hire a software tester or a developer.

Interview Questions

• Have you used any software testing tools before?
      Rate your python skills on a scale of 1-10.
      All such useless questions, not even a single question testing my knowledge.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR call followed by onsite. First HR called me and she completly forgot to send invite. It seems she remebered after 2 days and sent an invite around 10 pm for the interview scheduled next day early morning. Anyways I reached there and met there with tech lead. Beyond my imagination, mr tech lead was not bothered about on interview ethics. He just gave me two coding issues and got busy on his cell phone gossip. Mr tech lead was more worried for his daily stand up meeting. I felt like leaving the room but somehow could stay there. It was most unproffesional interview i ever faced. I am happy that they did not call me further.

Interview Questions

• Linked list addition and dictionary impl from the scratch   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics
    Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round.
    I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day.
    After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in February 2015.

Interview

I did one phone screening, two interviews and a software test at codility.com
    All three interviews wasn't technical, was about team project at university
    and my previous experience. After the phone screening which was a mix
    of technical questions about arrays, pointers and algorithms, I did a phone
    interview with two members of the team. A week later I did an interview
    and a coding test with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of conflict in a team and how did you respond.   Answer Question

ITSM Process Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

Interview

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

Negotiation

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.