McAfee Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
145 interviews

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview process was very lenghty and done by many people both on the phone and in person. Interviews were handled very professionaly and technical oriented. Interviews were held on time as agreed by persons interviewing. HR took a little longer than average to complete the hiring process but they were very friendly and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain what a database is to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2012.

2 rounds of telecon followed by one 3 hour online test followed by 3 more interviews. HR offer was just a formality. I was impressed with Sr folks out there they were approchable and mingled well.
    Two rounds are 45 minutes over a phone, and each round is almost elimination round.

Interview Questions
    • Coding a variant of trie and iterating in a zig zaw fashion.   Answer Question

Loved MCafee people and was sure will not be able to stay put for more than a year do thought of waiting for sometime and so joined another firm. I am firm in returning to them.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in August 2012.

First they shortlist few candidates from E-Litmus scores, which includes Quantitative, Problem Solving and Verbal, then they take Technical objective exam.
    Then 2-3 rounds of Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2011.

took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
    First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
    Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position.   Answer Question
    I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Intern Interview

Phone Interview and subsequent in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff, just asking about my previous experience and my comfort level working on the projects they had in mind   Answer Question

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

Interesting work
    great Place to work
    flex timings

What ask that mach i got

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.