McAfee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2012.

Interview Details 2 rounds of telecon followed by one 3 hour online test followed by 3 more interviews. HR offer was just a formality. I was impressed with Sr folks out there they were approchable and mingled well.
Two rounds are 45 minutes over a phone, and each round is almost elimination round.

Interview Question – Coding a variant of trie and iterating in a zig zaw fashion.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Loved MCafee people and was sure will not be able to stay put for more than a year do thought of waiting for sometime and so joined another firm. I am firm in returning to them.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Associate Software Engineer
Mangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in August 2012.

Interview Details First they shortlist few candidates from E-Litmus scores, which includes Quantitative, Problem Solving and Verbal, then they take Technical objective exam.
Then 2-3 rounds of Interview.

Interview Question – Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

UI Developer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2011.

Interview Details took a couple months, I even forgot when it was started. I was interviewed for one team, didn't pass, even I thought I was over-skilled for a job position. HR contacted me again a month later. Another round of interview for another team. Total: phone calls with HR representative, back and force, two phone interviews, two in person.
First team was asking different range of questions, from personality question to technical skills, all around. Some of them asked the same questions all around.... Some of them didn't know the answer themselves... and had no idea what they were asking. Some of them got bored interviewing and were answering phone calls or played with their phone :-(. I was disappointed.
Second team was amazing, no stupid questions, very simple programming questions and overall very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Asked about common IP addresses and network connection, just didn't expect it for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I expected more and I was told more, but they called back and said less. Kinda surprising... I accepted bz of better position I've had at that time.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Software Engineer Back End
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

Interview Details got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Interview Question – many unexpected questions from manager.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details Phone Interview and subsequent in-person interview

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff, just asking about my previous experience and my comfort level working on the projects they had in mind   Answer Question

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time Interview

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time
Bangalore (India)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

Interview Details Interesting work
great Place to work
flex timings

Negotiation Details – What ask that mach i got

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

Interview Details They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Question – write a function to to reverse a string?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Senior Sales Engineer

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details 12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.

Interview Question – Why choose McAfee over competition, such as Symantec?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Interview Details Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Question – The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question