www.mcafee.com

Updated 10 Feb 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
    on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee.

Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

I had an interview with the recruiter for 30 minutes asking my background, then they brought me in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a task to take a lead on a project on the first day of job, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Lead Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee in October 2013.

First interview: with the HR: Usuallu goes well, with casual questions about why you want to work there, what experiences you've had in sales and marketing, what skills do you have, any success you'd like to talk about...
    Second interview: with the manager: A bit more technical, about what your aspirations are, how you react to failures, skills...
    Third interview: Face to face with the manager

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Questions

At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at McAfee.

1. written objective type
    2. three technical round
    3. one managerial

Interview Questions
    • mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McAfee.

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions
    • I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee in June 2013.

The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts.
    The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.