McAfee

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in December 2013.

Interview Details It was employee referal. I had 1 telephonic, 1 technical, 1 technical manager and 1 HR. It started with telephonic round, more on c++ questoins : virtual destructor, constructors, virtual functions. Then next day i was called for face to face where more focus on linux kernel internals and asked to write a program to implement singleton pattern. Then after a week i got a call for technical manager round where questions are on network security and networking fundamentals. Then Final HR round

Interview Question – Bit deeper into c++ but not tough, all standard c++ questions. Be prepared with networking basics, c, c++, data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One of the best HR round. There was no negotiation, they offered what i was looking for.

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in June 2013.

Interview Details The first round is Written test with many tough questions of C++ to finish within 30 mts.
The second and third round are technical rounds, fourth round is directly you are given a laptop to write a Program and demonstrate the results.

Interview Question – Almost all were tough questions ....   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in January 2013.

Interview Details The process had 1 written exam and 3 rounds of tech interviews.Questions in the written exam: program to implement a Stack in Java, improvise it for generics, implement a queue in Java( without using Collections API), what are private final methods, difference between equals and ==, difference between equals and hashCode.
Technical Interview Questions: What are the ways to create an Object, Executor Framework, Concurrent APIs, Singleton Pattern, Database questions-stored procedure vs functions, clustered vs non-clustered index, design questions (design a client-server software which will install McAfee agent into an enterprise having thousands of computers), how will you take care of singleton in clustered environment.
Then there were few telephonic round of interviews with people at US.

Interview Question – If there are 1000 products procuced per minute and 5 consumed per minute, design an optimum using Java Concurrent Packages so that neither producers nor consumers hog the system.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview Details Interview was a dream process. My hiring manager arranged me to fly in to Bangalore to attend the interview. All the four rounds were conducted one after another with a 30 minutes break. Interview was mature and highly relevant to position.

Interview Question – What is your design philosophy for software products and specifically for security products?   Answer Question

Aylesbury, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in March 2008.

Interview Details After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical.

After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Question – Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in January 2012.

Interview Details First 2 rounds were the telephonic interview.
1st one was taken by dev engineer: Basically networing, OS, Kernel.
2nd round was taken by the hiring manager: He focused on puzzles, and expectations.

Then I was called for F2F, where I have 3 technical, 1 HR, 1 discussion with hire management, then I was offered and i excepted it.

Interview Question – From Networking and OS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR offer me a package, I will says he was not at all friendly, I will suggest him to improve in this field. Well the hiring manager talked to me and he was convincing. Initially they offered me a draft version. The actual package was offered me 6-7 days after the interview. They have some approval process from US. I will say this approval process is very slow, one other area that needs improvement.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!

McAfee Videos

McAfee – Why Work for Us?

At McAfee, we’re obsessed about keeping the world safe from the dangers in the digital world. Focused on innovation and cutting-edge research, we look for smart, committed people to help us defend the world against the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McAfee Senior Software Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by McAfee employees and interview candidates.