McAfee Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions
  • What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question
Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Other Interview Reviews for McAfee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

One telephonic and one F2F

Interview Questions
    • Basics of Core Java and small tricky programs on arrays   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2012.

Two phone interviews - 1 with HR and 1 with hiring manager.
    They asked for onsite interview and were scheduling my stay in San Jose.
    I got another call the other day that the interview has been postponed.
    No reply after that from the hiring team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McAfee in August 2011.

the written test is arranged by e-litmus for which u might find sample questions on internet.
    their were 60 questions in 2hr 30 mins(20-quant,20 logical,20-english).Quant was very tough equal to CAT level.
    So even attempting 5 correctly will qualify u for next round.. i would suggest to start with logical then english then quant.
    Before this e-litmus test their was a technical objective test with 20 questions in 30 minutes which is
    failrly simple.(general question on OS/give C program output etc.)
    Interviews they were mainly checking ur design capabilities. They asked me to design classes for Minesweeper and asked to write code for checking malicious code in e-mail.
    All the Best

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

The hiring process usually consist of 3 technical rounds followed by a discussion with Manager/HR on compensation and a final discussion with the director. The second round is a code test round where candidates are supposed to solve coding challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in October 2010.

There were several rounds of interview, and I was asked about my salary information by the person who interviewed me first. Later on, I realised that he wasn't ask about my salary.

However, every other round that I went through was highly professional, and the HR team was also very helpful and friendly.

The first day was smooth, and I felt very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • They needed me to justify why I'd like to quit my current job, and I felt that this was somewhat tricky.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They were very rigid on what they wanted to offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in September 2010.

Interview usually consists of 3 technical rounds and is later accompanied by a managerial round and a HR round. First round was taken by couple of guys who sounded more like technical managers than developers. They had a set of questions and asked them one by one. Second round was more of a skills round where you need to demonstrate your understanding of the technology by coding in a development environment with no Internet access. Again questions asked were basic to medium level. Lastly there was another technical round which was taken by an architect and was pretty straightforward! Overall I felt the interview process was smooth and sounded more of a technical discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Can you implement observer pattern in OO javascript using an interface?   Answer Question
    McAfee offered a salary which met my expectations. If you have another offer on hand then its always an advantage.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in November 2009.

It is tough interview

Interview Questions
    • Which is running faster by using for loop or while loop with 1,000,000 cycle   View Answer

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!