McAfee

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee in April 2010.

Interview Details aptitude and technical test
testing an application
3 technical interviews from different teams
managerial interview
hr round

Interview Question – completely technical and few on the aptitude side.
all questions were based on the projects mentioned
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer upto market standards

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details 1. written objective type
2. three technical round
3. one managerial

Interview Question – mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details A phone interview was first conducted which was followed by another and much longer phone interview. After this there was a face to face round with the lead followed by the manager.

Interview Question – Write test scenarios to test a duster.   Answer Question

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details 1. They do not ask much about data structures and algorithms, Instead I have seen people shying away from such things
2. They ask about simple things, e.g. programming in java/C/C++/Python but, not too much deep level questions

Interview Question – There was as such not any difficult question. They dont have such difficult questions to ask for in interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2008.

Interview Details I got interview call through employee referral. First round was phone interview. They checked basic knowledge about testing. QA process, scripting abilities and operating system concepts. After a week I was asked to come down for 1:1 interview. There were about 4 rounds. Each consisting of different competencies. They gave me few scenarios and asked to write test cases. Asked few simple puzzles.

Interview Questions

• What are daemon processes in operating system?   Answer Question
  • Puzzle about crossing a river with time and combination of cannibals and normal humans conditions   Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at McAfee

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!

McAfee Videos

McAfee – Why Work for Us?

At McAfee, we’re obsessed about keeping the world safe from the dangers in the digital world. Focused on innovation and cutting-edge research, we look for smart, committed people to help us defend the world against the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McAfee Software QA Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by McAfee employees and interview candidates.